Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #85
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
so o2 extenders are required for front and back?
I didnt have to use them, but you have to unclip them so they can reach. That being said I will probably buy some just to clean things up a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #86
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
so o2 extenders are required for front and back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
I didnt have to use them, but you have to unclip them so they can reach. That being said I will probably buy some just to clean things up a bit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

From my opening post.

"Connect the (4) O2 sensors. There is enough wiring for the rears if you clip the zip tie and release the wiring harness to allow the last inch of wire that you need to complete this section. "

I bought the front extensions.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #87
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Nice.. I'm surprised you guys was able to torque every one of those bolts down. I couldn't get to some of them with my big arse tq wrench and had to go by feel. I don't have any leaks after 10k miles still, but would like to check some of those bolts one day just to be sure. Just don't know what I have to use to torque some of those bolts down. Got any pic of the tools used?
I've put head gaskets on Harley Shovelheads and Panheads where my torque wrench would never reach. I never had a problem - using good gaskets.
After building many a Chevy motor, I always brought the head bolt torque to specs in increments. I developed a "feel" what different torques are like on the wrench.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #88
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

UPDATE on my OBX headers.

Yesterday I finally had enough of the resonators that came with the OBX headers, and removed them and fit a straight pipe in its place. The reason was the resonated piece inside of the two was loose and making a horrible metal ping sound when accelerating and even at idle. Drove me nuts knowing it sounded so bad.

Bought 2 pieces of pipe from local auto store and went about replacing them yesterday. Would have been easy if I had a lift, but since I used a jack and some stands, crawled around on the ground, it took a while, especially to get the system apart as thee old resonators were stuck on their pretty good.

So much better now that it is done. I hear nothing from that annoying rattle any more.

Putting this out there in case it happens to anyone else who owns this set-up.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #89
amoreno73

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Emissions legal?

I live in California my car has 99500 miles and now have slight rough idle and found out my catalytic converter in the drivers side needs to be replaced. The dealer says it is out of warranty and will cost over 800 dollars. Are the OBX headers California emissions legal? If not I have found a alternate setup on eBay using Pacesetter headers and a pair of Walker 80706 Carb Legal Universal Fit Catalytic converters.
amoreno73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #90
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoreno73 View Post
I live in California my car has 99500 miles and now have slight rough idle and found out my catalytic converter in the drivers side needs to be replaced. The dealer says it is out of warranty and will cost over 800 dollars. Are the OBX headers California emissions legal? If not I have found a alternate setup on eBay using Pacesetter headers and a pair of Walker 80706 Carb Legal Universal Fit Catalytic converters.
Since there are no cats with the OBX headers you would probably have to get a set of aftermarket ones or fail emissions...

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #91
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
Since there are no cats with the OBX headers you would probably have to get a set of aftermarket ones or fail emissions...

Old 12-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #92
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Emission warranties are different from your 5yr/100,000mi.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't emissions warranties govt. mandated for 10 years?
And to answer your question, OBX will not pass testing unless you go to a shop that doesn't even look.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:52 AM   #93
CodyBanks
CodyBanks

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Question when adding the Xpipe you say that it will slightly lower sound. Will it still be louder than stock though ? The header and exhausted set up

One more question does HFC add any benefits ?
CodyBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #94
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBanks View Post
Question when adding the Xpipe you say that it will slightly lower sound. Will it still be louder than stock though ? The header and exhausted set up

One more question does HFC add any benefits ?
Adding LT headers will make pretty much any setup considerably louder than stock.

So yes, this is louder than stock.

HFC will cut back on emissions and also the raw fuel smell that comes with running no cats. But they will still not stop the check engine light for the rear 02 sensors from coming on. You'll need a tune for that.