Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaros and vettes View Post
so if your so in to pony cars why did you buy one that isn't real?? can you show me an old charger that has four doors??
show me a muscle car that didnt have a hemi?

its a MODERN muscle car.....so is the camaro challenger g8 gto and your corvette....dont play the whole 4 door bs ....
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #16
kevin2323

btw the challenger RT is underrated ...it is more like the ram 5.7 which is 390 hp

weighs less than the srt and kenne bell has a twin screw coming out for it in may....and we all know what kenne can bring to the table. IF you only want performance get the camaro...but if you are looking for the overall package, look at all 3 muscle cars including a used charger srt8.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
pics?

Did you get the R&T suspension?

Also does your EVIC have all the perf pages or just 0-60?
Yeah it came with the track package (all 6 speed manuals do).

The EVIC has some kind of hidden functionality. It does not have the G-meter that the SRT has, but it does have the 0-60 and some other goodies. To access these "easter eggs" you hold down two buttons on the steering wheel.

Here are a couple of pics from a photo shoot I did (I love photography). There are more on my website at www.speedysgarage.net if you wanna take a look.

This thing gets A LOT of attention. I don't think there's been one day that I've driven it that someone hasn't stopped me to ask about it, or some girl start chatting me up at a red light. Makes for interesting drives for sure.

I could have had either a SRT or a RT. I chose the RT as it was MUCH more bang for the buck than a SRT.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
Mopar or No Car till 2010

Drives: Dodge Charger SE 3.5
Great pics. Been on the fence as to if I like Hemi orange or not, i'm a Stone White kinda guy myself, but those pics look hot.
65535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Great pics. Been on the fence as to if I like Hemi orange or not, i'm a Stone White kinda guy myself, but those pics look hot.
Thanks. Mine had to be orange

Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #20
WootyMcBooty

Drives: 2003 Black Lincoln LS V8
I've driven the Challenger, sat in a Camaro 2SS and I've driven the G8 (The Zeta-platform mate of the Camaro)

And to say that they are even in the same league is rediculous. I love the challengers exterior styling but the interior design blows... just blows. The steering wheel sucks, and to top it all off, there is absolutely no steering feel, they boosted the shit out of the Power Steering. In the G8 (which will have the same steering rack and similar setup as the Camaro) the steering is spot on. BMW like quality. Its an incredible thing.

For Performance: Camaro
For Interior Design: Camaro
For Exterior Looks: Challenger
For Overall Driving Satisfaction: Camaro

In the end its up to you, but unless you are willing to sacrifice Driver-Feedback and go with a dark, poorly designed interior, for the drop dead gorgeous Challenger, I'd have to go with the Camaro.
WootyMcBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootyMcBooty View Post
I've driven the Challenger, sat in a Camaro 2SS and I've driven the G8 (The Zeta-platform mate of the Camaro)

And to say that they are even in the same league is rediculous. I love the challengers exterior styling but the interior design blows... just blows. The steering wheel sucks, and to top it all off, there is absolutely no steering feel, they boosted the shit out of the Power Steering. In the G8 (which will have the same steering rack and similar setup as the Camaro) the steering is spot on. BMW like quality. Its an incredible thing.

In the end its up to you, but unless you are willing to sacrifice Driver-Feedback and go with a dark, poorly designed interior, for the drop dead gorgeous Challenger, I'd have to go with the Camaro.
Agreed on the steering numbness. Steering is very precise but it took me a minute to learn to use visual cues and gut acceleromter to gauge steering response.

I don't see where you're coming from vis a vis interior though.

Challenger interior is a bit plain but that said it's clean, functional, and aof good quality. Looks classy but not very fancy.

Camaro interior has some awful cues that ruing the execution.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
btw the challenger RT is underrated ...it is more like the ram 5.7 which is 390 hp

weighs less than the srt and kenne bell has a twin screw coming out for it in may....and we all know what kenne can bring to the table. IF you only want performance get the camaro...but if you are looking for the overall package, look at all 3 muscle cars including a used charger srt8.
i would say more like overrated. strap it on a dyno and see how many hp are to the wheels.

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=30946
http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2008-c...3-dyno-results
Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Agreed on the steering numbness. Steering is very precise but it took me a minute to learn to use visual cues and gut acceleromter to gauge steering response.

I don't see where you're coming from vis a vis interior though.

Challenger interior is a bit plain but that said it's clean, functional, and aof good quality. Looks classy but not very fancy.

Camaro interior has some awful cues that ruing the execution.
Amen to that. I disliked the Camaro interior from the get go.

The Challenger interior works for me. I actually really like it. I've not owned a Dodge vehicle ever in my life so it was fresh and new to me. That may be why I like it so much. It just flat makes sense, is easy to use, and looks the part.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #24
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
i would say more like overrated. strap it on a dyno and see how many hp are to the wheels.

http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2008-c...3-dyno-results
it is underrated,....it is the same engine as the ram 1500....dynos are all different...
Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #25
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by WootyMcBooty View Post

this is all in your opinion....make sure you add that to your post next time...because what you are saying is opinion not fact.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #26
WootyMcBooty

Drives: 2003 Black Lincoln LS V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
this is all in your opinion....make sure you add that to your post next time...because what you are saying is opinion not fact.
You're an idiot. Of course whatever I say is my opinion and not fact.

Look folks, I love the Challenger, but lets be honest the interior quality is good, much better than other Chrysler products, but it still has very little warmth. I can deal with the Camaro's funky interior, it looks like they spent a few dollars on it.
WootyMcBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #27
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The camaro interior does leave alittle to be desired. Very plasticy and the stereo/climate control cluster is terrible. Also that shark fin on the roof is very poorly engineered. Those are my major gripes with the camaro.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post

Dodge claims 378hp. Dyno says 330 to the wheels.

This is an excellent rating, which says either drivetrain loss is only 12%, or it's higher than 12% and crank horsepower is higher than advertised.

The second link is retarded.
Car Type: LS3, Headers, Cam, Tune, Intake

This is no stock block by any means.

At least try to compare apples to apples. 5.7 Hemi got new cam and cylinder heads for '09, so the increase is real.