Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #365
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
What's the latest on a possible ETA?
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #366
Madgiggler

Drives: 2SS RS
Old 06-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #367
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hPyIS...%3DhPyIS33QKCk
Old 06-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #368
k818mn1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, Garnet Red
I can't stand the suspense. I've been holding off on buying a CAI waiting for the JacFab, but I might crack soon and buy an ADM!
k818mn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #369
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by k818mn1 View Post
I can't stand the suspense. I've been holding off on buying a CAI waiting for the JacFab, but I might crack soon and buy an ADM!
I hate to admit it but that happened to me. I will swap to the JacFab depending on the final product.

I think Jason will make it hard for me to not want the Cold Rush CAI.

The ADM Race Intake is excellent and the price was right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #370
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
As I've mentioned before, I don't expect anyone to wait, if you feel the need to mod, please run out and do it. I'm not going to get into the specifics of why it's not done yet, or try to make a BS excuse to string you along. I'm sure most of you can come up with a logical reason of why it's not on the market yet...

I'm trying as hard as I can with limited time and resources. It's come a long way from the initial design, it's just that last finish push to get everything into production and being assembled which is, apparently, the hardest part.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #371
thahemp
Geek

Drives: 2012 Black LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
As I've mentioned before, I don't expect anyone to wait, if you feel the need to mod, please run out and do it. I'm not going to get into the specifics of why it's not done yet, or try to make a BS excuse to string you along. I'm sure most of you can come up with a logical reason of why it's not on the market yet...

I'm trying as hard as I can with limited time and resources. It's come a long way from the initial design, it's just that last finish push to get everything into production and being assembled which is, apparently, the hardest part.
Always is! That's how it is at our company. R&D and raw engineering is fun. Doing the paperwork to get it released and built... that SUCKS. Always seems to be really hard to start a new project after you're done crossing t's and dotting i's too.

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #372
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
So brand X makes 4HP over stock when cold.
JacFab makes 21HP over stock when cold.

Assuming that brand X is who we all expect it to be, these 2 CAI's are not THAT different in design to logically explain a difference of 17HP from one to the other. That seriously makes me question this data and the accuracy of it with there being such a huge difference.

No matter how hard this guy has worked, and how much testing he has done, and how much time and energy he has into his product (and I am NOT discounting any of that) we are expected to believe that there is that big of a difference between the 2 systems? I mean aren't many always saying that some of these gains that companies make are ridiculous, but this one is supposedly making 17HP MORE than what we are all assuming is the leading competitor, and in this test that company only made 4hp?

It just does not add up. The simple fact that YOU are testing YOUR OWN product, which YOU will be making money off of if ever released, after YOU have spent so much of your own resources on leaves a huge bias.

If your CAI makes that much power and is that much better than the competition I would be the first to check it out. I think some reputable 3rd part testers (not your local dyno shop where you and the guy might be buddies) that we know and trust around here need to verify these #'s, because they simply don't add up to me, as well as some of the posters above judging from a few of the comments.

Again I want to believe you, but the gains just seem way to far apart for it to be accurate compared to everything we have been seeing here from so many others.
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #373
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
I think what your are missing is the huge differnce. One has a straight air flow path, the other has a very messy air flow path. Airflow doesn't do well with turbulence.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #374
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
I think what your are missing is the huge differnce. One has a straight air flow path, the other has a very messy air flow path. Airflow doesn't do well with turbulence.
Assuming we are comparing the 2 same intakes, I would strongly disagree. 90% of the tube looks identical. The box is fitted in the same manner. And they are both pulling air from the same location. The only difference is the filter inlet and filter itself, and if that was such a limiting factor stick a CAI type tube on the stock airbox with a scoop and see probably pretty close to the same gains. It still doesn't add up.

That's my whole point, these 2 systems are very much alike, put the 2 on a flow bench and see what they do, I seriously doubt that one out flows the other enough to make a 17 rwhp difference. The designs are far to alike for that kind of variance. The gains to me are just way to far apart, and are not verified by anyone else up to this point other than the guy making them.
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #375
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Assuming we are comparing the 2 same intakes, I would strongly disagree. 90% of the tube looks identical. The box is fitted in the same manner. And they are both pulling air from the same location. The only difference is the filter inlet and filter itself, and if that was such a limiting factor stick a CAI type tube on the stock airbox with a scoop and see probably pretty close to the same gains. It still doesn't add up.

That's my whole point, these 2 systems are very much alike, put the 2 on a flow bench and see what they do, I seriously doubt that one out flows the other enough to make a 17 rwhp difference. The designs are far to alike for that kind of variance. The gains to me are just way to far apart, and are not verified by anyone else up to this point other than the guy making them.
Jason had/has individuals and performance shops ready to test and report once the final product is ready to be released. He has been very straight forward with this. I was to be one of the final testers but no longer have my Camaro. He doesn't expect anyone to purchase based soley on his findings.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #376
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:

Sorry, You are strongly wrong. You didn't read this whole tread or you missed much of it.

These systems are not near the same. It's not about the tube. It's about the filter orientation. It does add up. The turbulence caused by the cone style filter on the end of the tube is why this new design beats it handily.

There is a lot for flow bench data in this thread already. Suggest you hunt it down in here.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #377
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
chevyfan, please have patience, (like the rest of us have) ! Jason has been very forthcoming and IMO honest with the development of the Cold Rush! He has shared with the C5 community everything and every step along the way, something that very few if any other aftermarket part developer I know! He has a limited time schedule and local resources so he tests and re-tests the best way he can! He not only has dyno tested locally but he has had these in the hands of some Camaro5 members for development and beta testing. I will be helping in an independent "tune" version dyno testing once the final product is released! Stay tuned and grab some good
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #378
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:

They have been on a flow bench, read the thread... Brand x, brand y, brand c, brand a... The intakes by themselves, the intakes through an ls3 head, intake, and throttle body... Not a single one of them flows more than the Cold Rush intake...

Here's a neat example: According to your theory they aren't that different and should flow the same on a flow bench? A 4" intake tube should only flow as much a a 4" intake tube can flow, right? Wrong...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=50

There's more neat bits like that to be found if you read the whole thread, 3 Dyno tests, 3 different operators, 2 different dynos, all similar results every time. You think I wanted brand x to show such a small gain in the last test? No way, I hoped that it would actually show what they claim... It is what it is, if I genuinely thought my design sucked and was the same as all the rest, I would have given up in it a long time ago rather than continuing to throw money at it. You don't have to believe a word if thus thread, by all means, go buy a brand x.

Don't even look at the brand x numbers if they bother you... Fact is, I've shown similar gains when compared to stock each time, I am not friends with any of the Dyno places I've been to, and the first one I used in the first 2 tests was a 4 hour drive from me...

Someday someone else will get their hands in it and give it a go. Hopefully they will report similar findings.

I didn't build it to "get rich", and I've bent over back wards to do a lot of the testing, some of which was even removed from the site at the request of one of the sponsors, otherwise you would see many more 1 on 1 comparisons. Several of the pieces to this story are missing, and very few have had ether opportunity to see.

Please excuse any typos, I did this on my phone.

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 06-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai, dyno, intake, jacfab, velocity