Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of the style of the 2015 Mustang?
Really like it. 62 21.99%
Undecided, but leaning positive. 80 28.37%
Undecided, but leaning negative. 69 24.47%
Don't like it at all. 71 25.18%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #337
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
When the ZL1 followed the Boss folks here said it was a fair comparison because they were in market at the same time. Heck, the new Z/28 get compared to the defunct Boss 302. So yeah, this is a fair comparison. And I sure, for the moment that the Z/28 is the better track car, at least until an April announcement.
An those people are wrong. I always compare cars to their existing market peers. This mustang isn't in production yet or available for sale so to compare it to a 5 year old platform is unfair.

The current mustangs and Camaros are more than fair game. I'd go so far o include the z/28 because its based on an existing for sale body style.

I still maintain that this car should (and will be) compared to the next gen Camaro.

In a vacuum though I am fond of this new mustang.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #338

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
So this Mustang won't be available until the '15 model year....When these come out, Chevy will show it's 6th Gen Camaro for the '16 model year....All Ford is doing is showing their hand early for Chevy to beat it...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #339
Betiwin

Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
It will be out in July most likely of 14
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #340

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
That's cool...should be interesting...Just sayin' it seems perhaps Mustang is trying to outdo the current Camaro, which is at the tail-end of it's cycle...so the stakes seem pretty high for the next four, five year run and gives Chevy some time to one-up them for what could be many years compared to Ford's one year of perhaps being on top....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #341
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
I thought they said something about April of 2014 to match the on sale date of the 64 1/2 Mustang.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #342
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I miss the quarter window, lol. Retrogasm.

The greenhouse shape from the side now just resembles most other sporty coupes on the market.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #343
CaliSS85

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
looks like that new scion
CaliSS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #344
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
It's a good looking car, and I'm sure it'll grow on me. However, it does hold a bit of shock value to it, since the styling is a pretty significant departure from the retro inspirations of yore. It's worst for me since I loved the retro fad.

The rear on it is amazing with the big shoulder hunches and the tail lights are a nice touch. They're probably the only nod I see to the Mustang's traditional styling cues. In fact, if you look at the car from the back, it looks just like a 1969 or 1970.

I don't like the greenhouse (aka the side window) at all. It's the part I hate the most about the car. It looks just like every other sporty coupe now. Every damn car on the road is using that side window design. Keeping the distinct quarter window and body color b-pillar is something I was hoping for, or at the very least shaping it akin to the 1969/1970 Mustang greenhouse if they were desperate to switch it up.

Front end is nice as far as the grilles are concerned, but the headlamps are a little offputting with their heavy Import/Euro inspiration. The gill slit/lights in them, however, are real nice.

The interior is pretty damn sweet, not gonna lie. Nice balance of new and what we're used to.

All in all, it's a fair evolution of the car in my opinion. You can tell they exercised a lot of caution in designing it, thus why it can be compared to the 2014 Mustang in many ways. I just wish it retained some more of its traditional bold and rugged American styling cues. Oh well, the retro fad was bound to die off eventually. My main concern is what'll become of the Camaro. Ford always leads the market with these kinds of things...

Some potential alternatives to fix that greenhouse:
Attached Images

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 12-05-2013 at 01:46 PM.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #345
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Looks like crap

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #346
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford20 View Post
From here I like it but not so much from the back.

[/IMG]
That's what she said!
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #347
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
It looks really good. My only gripes (and this is severe nit picking) would be the rear headroom appears limited and the center stack seems kinda cluttered. But if the GT stays at the same weight as current or looses any then it's gonna be a beast. Think about getting your V8 with forged rods from the factory standard plus the new IRS. It is gonna be one sweet car and if Chevy can't hit at the same weight as the new stang and if their styling fails them then there will be a lot of people (possibly myself) switching sides.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #348
87GNX

Drives: Alot
LOVE The interior for sure..love the front, HATE The profile and rear......If I were in the market for a new mustang, I would snatch up a 14 right now and wait a few years to see what Ford does with this new mustang engine and looks wise.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #349
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
This round of the rivalry is gonna be sweet and fought tooth and nail in the corners. I for one can't wait and am stoked for the strong competition!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #350
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe
Looking at the rear end of that new mustang I notice the designers figured since the rear hips on the Camaro were a big hit, they had to jump on the bandwagin and design the hips into theirs.....just my two cents....

Yeah, because the Mustang never had that design element/feature previously.

My 65 Fastback has them wider hips.
Attached Images

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote