Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnStar Advisor View Post
Hello AdamEL,

I am sorry that you were unable to connect to OnStar yesterday for your house hunt. I'd like to help, and make sure your system is running properly. When you pressed your OnStar button was there any beeping or did a message play? Also, was your LED light on the mirror green or red? Can you send me a message with your account number or phone number we have on file? I can look into your account and see what I can do.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Thank you for the reply, Jessica. I appreciate the offer for help. In answer to your questions - Yes, there was a repeating beep after the initial OnStar greeting. I let the beep continue for a couple of minutes each time just to make sure that somebody wasn't going to pick up. And my LED light was green. I'll send you a message with my account info. Thanks!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
moserbe,

Wow! I'm very sorry that happened. If minutes expire or are lost then the advisor should be able to find that information and restore your minutes. Can you send me a message with your account number? I'd be happy to restore the missing minutes and find out what happened for you.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Jessica, I just sent you a PM with the information. I appreciate anything you can do to help me recover the lost minutes.

Bruce
Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
OnStar Advisor

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
Jessica, I just sent you a PM with the information. I appreciate anything you can do to help me recover the lost minutes.

Bruce

Bruce,

You're all set. I sent you a PM with the details. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
OnStar Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
But what do they do really, other than call the dealer on your "behalf"? It's a nice show of interest but sadly that's all it winds up being.
Looks like she did do more than just show interest.....
Old 11-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #19
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Bruce,

You're all set. I sent you a PM with the details. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Jessica, you're awesome! Here's what my account shows since you took care of one of your customers:

Remaining Minutes: 568*Minutes Expire: 11/14/2013

Thank you. You're a truly an asset to the meaning of customer service!

Bruce
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbe View Post
Jessica, you're awesome! Here's what my account shows since you took care of one of your customers:

Remaining Minutes: 568*Minutes Expire: 11/14/2013

Thank you. You're a truly an asset to the meaning of customer service!

Bruce
That is some awesome customer service!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Bruce,

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
I have a quick question. When my initial 30 minutes of free onstar calling ran out I bought 300 minutes. Why do they expire in only 6 months from the time I bought the car? They expire December 18th and I still have over 200 minutes. According to my last onstar email my service is active until March 18th 2013. Shouldn't they run out at the same time?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
It's nice that Onstar has a social media team and can be reached via Camaro5, and clearly Jessica was on it and kudos to her for getting minutes restored for someone.

However, this is very different than what one can expect from the car side of GM Customer Service. They have little authority and offers to help here are simply a show. It's not the customer reps fault, they are merely doing their job as social media team reps. But very different issues we are discussing here esp since a dealer isn't involved.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
My experience with OnStar has been if there is a mistake whether it is mine or theirs that OnStar takes full responsibility for any problems if you let them know about it. I love OnStar and will keep it for as long as I own the car. I even purchased a kit for my 85 yr old fathers Honda Minivan to have installed in his car so we can keep track of him and know where he is at all times while driving, just in case.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #24
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
OOO, buying a house, how exciting. Congrats on your prospective purchase. While you are looking, look for a garage with a house attached. As long as your new home has a nice garage you will never be disapointed.

Buy a garmin, its easier.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
OnStar Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I have a quick question. When my initial 30 minutes of free onstar calling ran out I bought 300 minutes. Why do they expire in only 6 months from the time I bought the car? They expire December 18th and I still have over 200 minutes. According to my last onstar email my service is active until March 18th 2013. Shouldn't they run out at the same time?
Hello Angrybird 12,

The Hands Free Calling minutes have their own expiration date from your subscription. The minutes typically have a year expiration date from the day they were purchased, but some promotional bundles have a 6 month expiration. They require an active OnStar subscription in order to be used. At any time before the minutes expire you can purchase another small bundle, we usually have a promotional 30 minute bundle, to extend and roll over any remaining minutes. If you purchase minutes on the day of your subscription renewal then the dates will match up for your convenience. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
I agree, its refreshing to see Onstar taking care of business on C5. I renewed my Onstar service a few months ago, I haven't had any issues with it and its peace of mind knowing its there.
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
Schutcher

Drives: 2012 2SS RS convertible
I have bought a new camaro on November 26 set up Onstar and it has not worked yet. I have called Onstar numerous times and have not got problem fixed yet. I am only being told I have been promoted to a senior advisor but nothing is happening. No report or update on my status. I have a 2012 gmc terain that has an active subscription that I am going to cancel if this problem doesn't get resolved quickly. To have a brand new car that doesn't work properly is so frustrating. The dealer has tried to work on it but I was told it was Onstar problem and they were told the same thing it was upgraded to a senior advisor. This has Been going on for weeks now. Can someone please help.
Schutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #28
OnStar Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutcher View Post
I have bought a new camaro on November 26 set up Onstar and it has not worked yet. I have called Onstar numerous times and have not got problem fixed yet. I am only being told I have been promoted to a senior advisor but nothing is happening. No report or update on my status. I have a 2012 gmc terain that has an active subscription that I am going to cancel if this problem doesn't get resolved quickly. To have a brand new car that doesn't work properly is so frustrating. The dealer has tried to work on it but I was told it was Onstar problem and they were told the same thing it was upgraded to a senior advisor. This has Been going on for weeks now. Can someone please help.
Hi Schutcher,

I am sorry to hear that this is happening. Can you send me a PM with your account # or VIN? I can look into that case and see if I can help correct what is causing the problem.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team