Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Lss3

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro ss2
Tuner Suggestions??

Hey i previously owner a predetor Diablo Tuner.. paid about 300 for it.. i didnt notice that much of a difference... what do you guys suggest on Tuners or good Motor Mods???

Currently all i have is flowmaster exhaust and Knn intake

Thanks Forum!
Lss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lss3 View Post
Hey i previously owner a predetor Diablo Tuner.. paid about 300 for it.. i didnt notice that much of a difference... what do you guys suggest on Tuners or good Motor Mods???

Currently all i have is flowmaster exhaust and Knn intake

Thanks Forum!
Long Tube Headers are going to be the biggest Gain per dollar for you at this point.

I can Custom tune your Car Via email with my Diablo CMR software.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Revolution
Owner of RRW

Drives: 12 ZL1 A6 white and 64 nova ss
There is power to be had beyond the Diablo Calibration. They write their box tunes to be safe at any altitude in any temperature. Basically it gives you just a small amount more power but gives a fair calibration for the basic bolt on Cold air intake cat back thermostat ect.

I have had a bit of luck using CMR it's Diablo's calibration software. You can load custom tunes with your handheld if you still have it. Simply have to make some changes. I however am a firm believer it's best to do these kinds of tunes in person rather than just mail order if possible. Mail orders will get you pretty close but there can always be a small twist here or there to get you a bit more power.

Best bang for your buck if you allready have a cat back and a cold air would be to get the tune optimised for what you have. If you want to keep throwing parts at the car then the next logical step is long tubes and from there I would go to a cam. I know in my experience a well selected camshaft and even running stock manifolds is worth more legit power at the ground than anything else. It just depends on your overall goal for your car. I have a couple customers with a blower only and stock exhaust. I also have a couple with cam only and then you have your typical bolt on guys as well, Headers Cold air intake, thermostat, exhaust.

I would say evaluate what you want to spend and then go from there. If you choose to still run diablosport I am also a CMR calibrator.

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #4
Sales@CoW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Your best bet would be to get a proper tune dialed in for your specific mods!
EFI Live AutoCal seems like the best option in my opinion, since its the software preferred by the pros. It would be a completely custom tune, made for your vehicle! I can also do remote datalogging to ensure the vehicle is running perfectly.
If you are looking to add parts into the mix, I would suggest a set of American Racing Headers. If you want further suggestions, give me a call anytime! I'll gladly explain all of the viable options to you!

Brandon
(914)332-0049

Last edited by Sales@CoW; 08-09-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Sales@CoW is offline   Reply With Quote