Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #15
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
doesn't the Buggatti top out at 256 also?

Attachment 14925
253.x
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #16
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
First car is ugly, fastest car... I thought it was just a modified lamborghini, seriously, doesn't it just look like a lambo? I mean aren't there some sort of intellectual property laws concerning distinct stylings?

Would love to own one. I'm afraid I'd be too tempted to go 200 on the interstate though.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #17
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
C'mon thats not a car. Its just a go-kart with a huge engine. I'd take a Bugatti any day. I just hate the SSC. All the SSC guys did was try and beat the Bugatti, a car that took 10 years to develope. Meanwhile the SSC took what? 1 year to develope. It has no luxeries whatsoever. People who drove it said its unrefined and raw (a mid-engined viper?). Besides the Bugatti people are developing a Veyron GT, 1200+hp and 260+mph.
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Part of the extended development for the Veyron was the fact that they pointlessly went with an 8L quad turbo W16. Getting something that complicated to work reliably would be a nightmare, not to mention the space and cooling issues it will have. If they went with a something like a turbo V12 they might have saved enough engineering money to actually make a profit on the things.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #19
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
256 now? Good to hear. I thought it was officially 254.X
yeah, 256.X but that was the average speed for the run, i dont know what the top speed for that run was. Leno has one.

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #20
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
C'mon thats not a car. Its just a go-kart with a huge engine. I'd take a Bugatti any day. I just hate the SSC. All the SSC guys did was try and beat the Bugatti, a car that took 10 years to develope. Meanwhile the SSC took what? 1 year to develope. It has no luxeries whatsoever. People who drove it said its unrefined and raw (a mid-engined viper?). Besides the Bugatti people are developing a Veyron GT, 1200+hp and 260+mph.
but the real feat is that they beat the bugatti in speed, And did it at half the cost. the designer at SSC built the car by hand. all the panels and interior.
but I'm sure that the ultimate aero SSC would have all the little luxuries too if they wanted to jack the price by another 2 or 3 hundred thousand.

"Unrefined and Raw" - Isn't that the way american muscle is supposed to be? I'm sure that the camaro, charger, challenger, and other muscle cars were unrefined and raw by the standards it those days as well

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #21
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
The go cart beat the But ugly I mean Bugatti. I think that was the point the low cost underdog topping the mega bucks unlimited budget machine.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote