Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #29
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Probably drunk.

Funny looking hole they made under the tail light though.
Drunk or suspended license or unlicensed in the first place.

Sucks that the insurance co. wants to jack up his rates even though he is 100% not at fault. I think it's time to find a new insurance company.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #30
Fallen Angel

Drives: It's silver and fast!
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel
Wow!!!
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #31
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
hmmm, by the look of the damage.. it looks like the person used a sledge hammer on the bumper @_@. You can see the Hole, about the size of the slegde hammer, and the force probably knocked the bumper loose.

Man, that sucks man... goodluck =/
Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #32
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
hmmm, by the look of the damage.. it looks like the person used a sledge hammer on the bumper @_@. You can see the Hole, about the size of the slegde hammer, and the force probably knocked the bumper loose.

Man, that sucks man... goodluck =/
Actually, I don't think you can see it from the pictures (taken with my phone), but when looking at the right angle you can see the outline impression of a front licensee plate holder. It was about 29" off the ground as well which is about the height of the holder on a jeep. Unfortunately it wasn't anyone that lives around here. I spent about an hour or two walking around the area looking for a car with red paint, but had no luck.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
$2700 is a lot of damage. I'm sorry to hear about this. Your insurance really shouldn't raise your premium, unless you've had prior claims. I'd find out how much the premiums would increase and for how long before paying that amount out of pocket.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #34
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
That sucks. What insurance do you have? Clean record?

I had a hit and run on my car in a movie theater parking lot. (Had not even made the first payment. ) My insurance covered it with no increase in premiums. It just cost me my deductible of 250.

Then went on a road trip last month and a guy with a ladder rack on his dually dropped a piece of metal. (There was a retaining wall to the left and an 18 wheeler in the right so I had to "take it".) It tore a hole in the front bumper of my car. He refused to stop. (I followed him for a mile.) I gave my agent his info and they said no matter what get it fixed. It would not affect my rates. They are going to try to make him pay. Again just the cost of my deductible and if they get him to pay I will get it back.

My insurance is State Farm..... your car was parked and at no fault of yours it is damaged. Your insurance should cover it and your rates should not be affected. I would consider contacting your insurance company directly to see if the rate increase is true. If it is then get another company.

BTW on mine they replaced parts not repaired them on my car so it is brand new. Only things that does suck is that these hits will show up on Carfax...

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
$2700 is a lot of damage. I'm sorry to hear about this. Your insurance really shouldn't raise your premium, unless you've had prior claims. I'd find out how much the premiums would increase and for how long before paying that amount out of pocket.
I'm going to go through insurance with this new amount. I was going to pay out of pocket when it was around $1000 in damage, but this is too much. I've never had a claim, clean record besides one speeding ticket for 10mph over in 5 years of driving.