Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #29
Barton Industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
PM sent
Barton Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
How much is this unit and how does it compare to my Noisy Hurst and the MGW?
Ah another unhappy hurst buyer! Mines coming out this week and Baton's going in. Mine wasn't a noise issue. I have other dislikes about it. Hope this one's different. Maybe with the adjustable height I won't have the same issues. Don't want to go into the Hurst issue, Got introuble the last time I did.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #31
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Man..I just got mine..

Its raining hard.. and gonna need a nice day to install..but quality of pieces is awesome in this kit!
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
Barton Industries

Alfieboy- Thanks!

MORE SHIFTERS COMING Dec 14th
Old 12-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #33
Barton Industries

Still have a couple left from the first run
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #34
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton Industries View Post
Still have a couple left from the first run
Can you answer me this? Where is the short throw coming from. The hurst had me confused but with yours and the stock side by side yours measures out longer than the stock shifter.And from the position of the bearing it's going to be shoved up more into the hole than the stock. This leaves the shifter even higher than the stock. No don't get me wrong,I don't doubt it will be short throws but I don't understand the engineering.And yes I did have the saft threaded all the way in.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #35
Barton Industries

Here is an example that might help. Squezee a pencil right in the middle of the pencil with you left thumb and index finger, Move the top of the pencil with you right hand and you will notice if you move the top of the pencil in any direction, the bottom of the pencil will move the same distance but in the opposite direction. Now do the same thing but move your left thumb and index finger up the pencil. You will notice that when you move the top of the pencil, the bottom will move alot further then what you moved the top.
By placing the spherical bearing further up the shaft it accomplishes the same principal. I think your looking at the over all length instead of the length from the point of rotation. Compare our shifter to the factory one and you will notice that the distance from the linkage pin hole to the center of the ball (center of rotation) will be longer on ours. Kind of like moving your fingers up the pencil.
I hope this helps...Thanks, Dave
Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #36
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
i think this product is seriously amazing -first short throw shifter and am very happy with it-dont miss out-dont question it-dam he gaurentees his product or money back-trust me

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #37
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:
Here is an example that might help. Squezee a pencil right in the middle of the pencil with you left thumb and index finger, Move the top of the pencil with you right hand and you will notice if you move the top of the pencil in any direction, the bottom of the pencil will move the same distance but in the opposite direction. Now do the same thing but move your left thumb and index finger up the pencil. You will notice that when you move the top of the pencil, the bottom will move alot further then what you moved the top.
By placing the spherical bearing further up the shaft it accomplishes the same principal. I think your looking at the over all length instead of the length from the point of rotation. Compare our shifter to the factory one and you will notice that the distance from the linkage pin hole to the center of the ball (center of rotation) will be longer on ours. Kind of like moving your fingers up the pencil.
Thanks,that was very helpful. I fix things for a living,not engineer them.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #38
Barton Industries

Glad to help
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #39
11flat

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs m6
I put my Barton short throw in today!!! WOW This thing is awesome!! Short, fast, beautifully built.
I have to admit i was a little skeptical at first for $200, but thought what do i have to loose with the guarantee. I'm so glad i got this. A buddy of mine has the "H" (dont wanna get in trouble) and his rattles like crazy.. NOT MINE!!!!
He might even get one now LOL... Thanks for the Awesome shifter!!!
11flat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #40
rauhaus camaro
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS with LS3
Hi Dave:

I installed your short throw shifter shortly after I spoke with you this afternoon. Thanks for sending me out another billet knob! I appreciate the fast response and customer service. Instead of the knob, I went ahead and installed the shifter kit using the pistol grip. Installation took me approximately 1 hour. Your instructions were very good and the installation went smooth without a glitch. I do recommend moving the heat shield for better access purposes. Without reservation, I honestly believe that your shifter design/CNC work is without doubt the best on the market. I absolutely love the shifter! By comparision, having previously driven a couple of other Camaros with Hurst Shifters installed, the Barton Shifter is hands-down superior in overall engineering, noise reduction and performance. I love how positive it goes into the gates. Very quick and easy throw from 1st to second. The throw from 2nd to 3rd is flawless. I like the pistol grips design's ergonomic feel, especially the thumb slot on the top. I set the grip approximately 5 degress clockwise off axis for my shifts from 2nd to 3rd. Perfect!

To all of the Camaro 5 people out there - By far, the single best investment that I have made to date so far on my Camaro has been the Barton Industries Quick Shifter. You have to test drive one to appreciate the high quality engineering/design of this shifter, its prowess in performance and just great mechanics. It's quiet and just a sensational piece of work! Two Thumbs Way Up to Barton!
rauhaus camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #41
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Man rain-rain-rain wish I had a garage to install mine :(..

BTW the service from Barton is AWESOME!..

TOP NOTCH
lol
anybody with a garage in Richmond..LOl

Last edited by Alfieboy; 12-03-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: misssing
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #42
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Question for Dave: what is the distance from center of pivot point to the center of the linkage pin on your short throw shifter, and what is the same distance on the stock shifter? Is this distance adjustable and if so, what are the other measurements?
Thanks

Tags
barton, hurst, pistol-grip kit, shifter, short throw shifter