Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #29
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
That a very nice stereo set up
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #30
TMX85

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT A6
After over a month of waiting for the phantom back ordered front speaker from GM and with another 3-6 weeks of waiting time ahead and the other driver side speaker blown I have decided to go aftermarket. Amazon.com is having a crazy sale on car audio and even blew onlinecarstereo.com and woofers etc out of the water. After a lot of research and reviews and with the help of steve from ******** I ordered a set of hifonics 6.5 components for the front, a power acoustic 4 channel amp, and will keep the rear speakers and center channel for now until I have a bit more funds together. All in all with shipping everything was under $240. and with some tweaking I should have a damn good budget build. Eventually I will get new 6x9's but i still have to get some more cash together and research what the best ones are then make a decision about whether or not I want to keep the center channel.
Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
TMX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #31
TMX85

Well I deep sixed the factory amp all together last night. Using a 4 channel harness from sub thump I spliced all the wires into a line output converter and completely ripped out the stock BA amp. I wired all of the channels into a new Power Acoustik 4 channel amp and put in 6.5 hifonics components in the front doors. So far it is much cleaner but I am still having trouble with the driver side channel so I may just run the wires right from the back because it seems like there is a short somewhere. Anyways, pics will come as soon as I get home, and tomorrow night the subs go back in, I cannot wait to be done, the rear speakers and center channel are all working because I wired them up together and the highs are much much cleaner than before and produce a great filler effect while the components are pumping out most of the power!
Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
TMX85

I am finally all up and running! I had a short somewhere in the system so I did some testing and re wiring and have it setup so that the stock rears and center channel are running only the highs through the high pass filter on the amp and the front hifonics components are running full range. Holy crap is it a huuuge difference and so loud and clear that I am glad that I ended up doing it. I am putting the subs in soon and will pist pics of all the cleaned up wires and finished product.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #33
TMX85

Well it has been a while, ever since my subs met their bitter end and literally blew to hell I decided that I would focus on getting the most out of my aftermarket components and stock speakers while I save up for new subs that can handle the power that my amp is throwin around. I decided that I wanted to try something new so I bought a cheap set of crossovers for the rear speakers and wired them up. since my rear speakers are primarily for filler this ended up working surprisingly well! I have a lot more bass, and since I had already spliced into everything it was no trouble at all wiring them in. I had to just splice into the wub outputs on the x1 harness and rig it up. I am debating going and getting a pair of Kenwood 12" subs or maybe selling the box and going with a single 12" setup instead since money is tight right now. Who knows.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #34
TMX85

It's been a while but I finally saved up some extra cash for some minor mods. I just installed a single 10" kicker solo dual voice coil woofer in its own box right behind the back seat firing towards the front of the vehicle and surprisingly enough it does pound pretty damn well! I bridged the last 4 channels of my 4 chennel amp to put out about 200 watts at 2ohms and so far so good! After the blown up subs last time its much better, much more space, and not earth shaking yet nice and tight bass response. I also ordered a strut tower brace and new sways. Pics to come soon. I think I will save up for the Ark exhaust next with the burnt blue tips so hopefully they will be on sale again in the near future!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
TMX85

I finally got around to replacing the rear speakers today. It was as much of a PITA as everyone says but thanks to a lot of great threads and posts I was able to do it pretty easily. The ******** speaker adapters kicked ass and made it very easy. These Kappa 6 x 9's come with their own crossovers and are absolutely insane! Extremely clear, great bass response, and can take every type of music I could throw at it! Took some pics but they kinda suck. It was crazy taking apart the interior but well worth it since I dynamatted the entire interior and now no matter how high I blast the sub there are no rattles! All in all a good day, so glad I did it. Next up, installing the painted heritage grille with custom bowtie and saving up for an exhaust.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Looking good!

Post a video, so we can hear the stereo setup you installed!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #37
TMX85

My iphone camera sux with sound clips but I will post a few pic of my gutted interior lol. Once I invest in a decent sound processor and a better video camera I will def post up pics.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #38
TMX85

Ok so tomorrow is the big day. The final pieces of the audio build are ready for install. Screw the factory head unit, its time for a metra and kenwood fueled audio explosion! I will take a ton of pics during the process and hopefully the flip I ordered last week will be here soon. More updates soon.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #39
TMX85

I went a little overboard today lol

Well I finally did it, metra kit, kenwood dvd nav unit full day off. Magical haha.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #40
TMX85

The CNT Racing catback is in and holy crap do I love it! It really gives the v6 a great growl. Awesome buy for $400 shipped. Search for CNT exhaust blowout sale to take a look at my pics!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #41
TMX85

Painted Heritage Grill installed

Finally got around to putting on the heritage grille on in time for 4th of july! I absolutely love it! What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #42
TMX85

My Led tail lights from apex and technostalgia finally shipped today! He paddle shifters from hurst and b &m will be in by august 1st. Awesome early birthday presents! Can't wait to put them in and take plenty of pics!