Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
tombono

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
NJ Vert Owners

Has anyone had any experience with dealers in NJ working on their top. I have the beginnings of rub marks and have already had it at the dealer I purchased from once. They claim they made an adjustment, but the marks have gotten worse since they performed the service. I would love to hear from other New Jersey owners as to their experience and the results from their service so that I may have an idea as to where to go next.
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
BiGGreG

Drives: 2011 SS Converible
I had the rub marks and brought it to the dealer, Kevil Chevy in Budd Lake, just to document it. They said when it came time for a new roof they would send it out to a private shop. A couple months later, my fifth bow broke so I brought it in for the repair of that. They put a new roof on instead of sending it out but didn't install it correctly. Behind the rear passenger window there is a channel that they are supposed to slide the roof into and apparently they snapped it in. This caused the roof to bow out behind that window as well as causing that window to go down on its own after I put it up . I brought it in and they thought it was the weather stripping causing the problem so they ordered that. I brought it in today for the weather stripping repair. They called and said said that it needs another new top and this time they were going to send it out to a trim shop in Dover NJ. They said this shop has done a couple of new tops for Gearhart Chevy in Denville and they have seemed to have success. So now I'm waiting on the new top to come in from GM.
BiGGreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
How is your new top need to replace mine wonder how the Dover place was.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
RetPig

Drives: 2012 1LT RS, Inferno Orange Vert
Took mine to Bennett Chevrolet in Egg Harbor Township (Outside of Atlantic City) a little over a week ago for the Top Recall. So far so good. But I haven't used it a lot since the work was done. I'll be keeping my eye on it.
RetPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
fishface

Thanks man. Just brought mine to Burlington Chevy yesterday and had very good experience. They took one look at my top and offered me a new one right away which was great. They have an outside top guy that has done a few already and im set up for the 28th to have my new top installed.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
Micki

Drives: 2012 Vert RS 2LT
I took mine to Pine Belt in Eatontown... ..they outsourced it to a local top shop because they are going to replace the top. My car has been in the shop 18 days as of today.
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
fishface

Wow they told me it should only be around a week. Hope you get yours back soon man that really bites. I hope mine wont be out that long.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
Fire65

Drives: 2011 2 LT RS Convertible
Had my top replaced in November/December by Lucas Chevy in Woodbridge. They had it for a month. Trim shop did the work, when I went to pick the car up the rear footwells were flooded.
Fire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
tombono

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS vert
I had the enhancement done at Seacoast Chevy in Ocean Township. The wind noise is much quieter, but the weather hasn't cooperated so I can't speak as to the rub marks yet. I will let everyone know once I get a nice day.
tombono is offline   Reply With Quote