Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #29
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
... But I believe that the 2016 Camaro is a example of learning from mistakes, I'm very excited and can't wait for my build to be complete . But we ALL as humans are not perfect , when we strive for it is when something like this comes along!!.
Along those same lines, I can only imagine how the Mustang team is feeling right now. The 6th gen raised the bar for sure, and you know Mustang is feeling absolutely driven to do something spectacular with their own platform in the coming years. The pony car wars are good for all of us muscle car fans.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #30
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5cam View Post
I love it! It's amusing to see that the good folks over at Jalopnik won't even acknowledge the fact that a "bro" car (as they call it over there) has beaten their upity, manicured finger nail , high dollar (over priced) driving machines. Ha, wait till the Z cars come out...
This 6th gen camaro just might shake off the mullet stereotype for good.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #31
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
This will be my first GM car since my 1990 Chevy Beretta GT that I had from 1997-99. I bought that Beretta with 53,000 miles and it was mint condition, and in the couple of years I owned it the paint peeled, the cooling system failed (thankfully it had the full gauges and I immediately noticed my temp rising so I pulled off and shut it down), the dashboard material peeled back, and the thing rattled like crazy with all the cheap plastic in it.

It was the car that made me, like so many others, swear off cars made by American companies forever. I sold it after I bought my first new car in December of 1999 - a 2000 Honda Prelude 5 speed.

I had that Prelude until May of 2010 when I sold it with 225,000 miles for $3500 .

In May of 2009 I bought my current car, an '09 Accord EX-L V6 coupe with the 6 speed stick. I was close to buying the 5th gen Camaro until I sat in it..... very disappointed with the interior, but I felt GM was getting better. At least they didn't have peeling paint.

Now this 6th gen Camaro is what I've been begging GM to do for 15 years: build a car that is genuinely American, but with the sophistication of a German car and the quality of a Japanese car. It appears they've done it.

It took them a bankruptcy and a complete reorganization of the entire company from CEO to floor sweeper, but I believe GM is on the right path now. Their interior quality on the Impala is better than my Accord. That was not the case with the previous generation Impala.

Most of GM's cars are now hitting the right marques. I'm glad to see it. I am very happy and proud of GM. They NEEDED this. They NEEDED to get broken down and rebuilt from the ground up. The Camaro is a now car that can be put up against anything in the class or price range in the world, and beat it. Not just 0-60, but in ALL facets of what makes a great car. It's a sophisticated, classy car. It's not just a muscle car.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:04 PM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
This will be my first GM car since my 1990 Chevy Beretta GT that I had from 1997-99. I bought that Beretta with 53,000 miles and it was mint condition, and in the couple of years I owned it the paint peeled, the cooling system failed (thankfully it had the full gauges and I immediately noticed my temp rising so I pulled off and shut it down), the dashboard material peeled back, and the thing rattled like crazy with all the cheap plastic in it.

It was the car that made me, like so many others, swear off cars made by American companies forever. I sold it after I bought my first new car in December of 1999 - a 2000 Honda Prelude 5 speed.

I had that Prelude until May of 2010 when I sold it with 225,000 miles for $3500 .

In May of 2009 I bought my current car, an '09 Accord EX-L V6 coupe with the 6 speed stick. I was close to buying the 5th gen Camaro until I sat in it..... very disappointed with the interior, but I felt GM was getting better. At least they didn't have peeling paint.

Now this 6th gen Camaro is what I've been begging GM to do for 15 years: build a car that is genuinely American, but with the sophistication of a German car and the quality of a Japanese car. It appears they've done it.

It took them a bankruptcy and a complete reorganization of the entire company from CEO to floor sweeper, but I believe GM is on the right path now. Their interior quality on the Impala is better than my Accord. That was not the case with the previous generation Impala.

Most of GM's cars are now hitting the right marques. I'm glad to see it. I am very happy and proud of GM. They NEEDED this. They NEEDED to get broken down and rebuilt from the ground up. The Camaro is a now car that can be put up against anything in the class or price range in the world, and beat it. Not just 0-60, but in ALL facets of what makes a great car. It's a sophisticated, classy car. It's not just a muscle car.
I'm not sure I'd go as far to say the sophistication of a German car..............unless you mean VW or Opel.

But GM has certainly gone way beyond your quality experience and in fact they've done that for well on 10 years now. Problem is there are still too many people like you that had those bad experiences 20 years ago and, rightfully so, didn't forget it.

Guys, don't confuse this with the comment being too literal. If you compare a 3/4 Series to an ATS, the BMW wins most times. ATS is holding it's own. Recent reviews show the ATS-V beating the M3/4, but not the AMG Mercedes which seems to be the darling of the class right now.

So I am glad it is in the consideration set as I had hoped (and poo pooed for, NOT 'MERICAN MUSCLE!!!) no one should think Chevy has passed Cadillac in making a better car than BMW.

The SS is just on par with the M4 and it is a really good value if you are willing to buy a Chevy over a BMW...............which some will hopefully.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:46 PM   #33
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
This 6th gen camaro just might shake off the mullet stereotype for good.
it'll always exist for mediocre writer's who pepper every Camaro review with 'mullet', 'redneck' and if they're driving an auto 'slushbox' (apparently all of them are from the 1950's and grew up driving powerglide's.)
that's what you do when you can't write.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #34
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I have a VW GTI.

It's quick, fun to drive (once you get past the open dif front wheel drive). But, $3000 in maintenance cost the past 2 years on a car with 70k miles has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

I've never owned a BMW but, my buddy complaining about $1000 brake jobs every 30k miles was a big turnoff. Also know that maintenance work and parts for any German car is outrageous.

Both my 95 Z28's were sold at 125k miles with nothing more being done than brakes, tune-ups, an alternator on one, and a tensioner pulley on the other.

I have had more parts changed on my 2009 GTI than any other car I have owned.