Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #155
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
a new Impala Sedan
Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #156
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Think about it... with the Boss 302 coming out what is GM's proper reply? Z/28!
Yet this HP Edition is more of a Shelby GT500 competitor, right?
Your thoughts...
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #157
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Anything worth doing is worth doing right.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #158
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Ok.........

...........let us repeat in unison:

WHAT Z28???

The script said nothing about "Z28"............
I imagine GM may just be doing two things:

1: Saving the hallowed Z/28 intro for the new platform (smaller, more nimble, new gen v8) I do recall some VP talking about the Z/28 intro coming with the new platform. So, by default that means 2014 or so.

2: STOP The current bleeding being given to the aftermarket boys by coming out with their of HP edition.... (thus using up alot of old parts on current V8 platform) and keep that share of the performance pie to themselves.

So, do you buy a GM HP version that has no Z/28 nameplate? hmmmmm. YESSSS!

Last edited by htron50; 01-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #159
micj82

Drives: 2011 white camaro ss
yea but ya know what milk they said the same thing about just the 2010 camaros coming out oh they wanna make sure they get it right blah blah blah thats a big excuse to me because it took forever for them and my iom ss along with many others has so many problems and paint flaws its not even funny makes me sick to my stomach.
micj82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #160
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Ok.........

...........let us repeat in unison:

WHAT Z28???

The script said nothing about "Z28"............
Having read some very intriguing posts in this thread, my impression and gut feeling is that Chevy MAY not be bringing back the Z-28 name after all for the Camaro 5. We have read and participated in much hype, speculation, gossip, and rumor for some time now. If in reality this comes to pass then I actually feel relieved! I am elated! Let it be the HP Edition then!!! Long live Chevy....long live the King! Retire the much vaunted and glorious Z-28 name.....it has a special place in Americana muscle car history and lure. It's a part of me, my fabric, and who I am. I was truely feeling squeezed about being able to get a new Z-28, I was getting a bit anxious because of the competition there was going to be in obtaining one of the limited few that would be available. If this was the S/C Z-28 558 HP or better reincarnation we were all expecting that was announced today I would have to absolutely, positively, no question about it have to get one. I can now sit back a bit, relax, and enjoy all this wonderfull news..at least for now while I dream about it...and look forward to all the wonder and excitement this new HP option will give us. And when and if Chevy does decide to bring back the exiled King Z-28, you know he's gonna kick a_ _ and take names!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #161
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
So, do you buy a GM HP version that has no Z/28 nameplate? hmmmmm.
big decision!
Exactly. I wasn't expecting this so now more to decide/think about.

Last edited by Sawyer; 01-13-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #162
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Keep the profanity to yourself or don't post in this Community.

Allan - I'm sorry about deleting, but I couldn't stand the tone. It's one thing to express an opinion, but that just made me ill.

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #163
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
What about a road course though? That's what I am more interested in.
The MS has an overall effect of gluing the car down even on twisters, but where it shines over your normal third party suspension upgrade, is it's launch mode that is tightly governed by the computer. If anyone gets the car with this option, then you don't want to go and mess with the shock or spring or lower the car. You will ruin the whole calibration that was designed to work with the software. I bet this will be an option rather than STD, since it adds a good amount of coins to the car.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #164
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Honestly [and perhaps I'm being biased] the MS on the Z06 (with Z07 package) and ZR1 is more effective/superior than the one in Ferrari, due to it's nature to put TQ down to ground. MS comes in very handy at launch time, like GT-R MS. I took a ride in the new Z06/7 and it's take off is more productive than without the MS. This alone will kill the GT500 in the race with the new Z28.

Ah, the only thing this car misses, is a true forged piston and rods. That's where I envy GT500. BTW, GT500 for MY2013 (production in 2012) will get the TVS2300 @ 600HP.
Isn't it the same system (I thought I heard Ferrari traded the CF brakes for the MS...)? The one video I saw, recently, of a GT500 vs. a CTS-V Coupe seemed to really show a lot better bite, and I guess weight transfer, of the CTS-V's IRS. The shot wasn't really good, but it hooked a lot better than the GT500. I'm sure some of it had to do with the better tires, but I know those shocks will help. I do hope they're AT LEAST an option for Z28. It'd be a real shame if they weren't. I really believe Z28 needs them to make up for the weight it's probably going to gain.

on all the engine stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
Yea I forgot you had to live among them... Unfortunately it's not a whole lot better here down south. I have one of those tofu burger hybrid driving self righteous tree hugging clowns that lives in my neighborhood. He cornered me in a parking lot in a pansy-mobile not that long ago and started to chastise me about not caring about the environment and why would I drive such a loud monstrosity of a vehicle, to which I replied by turning on my car and yelling over the roar as she fired up, so I don't have to listen to schmucks like you.

Just cause they think they screwed up the environment does not mean that I should not get to have just as much fun as they did.

Me... I don't trust air I can't see...
I just noticed where you live, LOL!!! I feel you though. Great story!!! They have no clue what they talk about much of the time. I'm sure he "green" car polutes more from cradle to grave than these cars ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012z28 View Post
+2

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #165
cozbyrt

Drives: 2011 Buick Regal CXL turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpxjr View Post
As glad as I am that the Z/28 is returning and finally has a production date, can someone ask BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet about the much-rumored "Chevy G8....aka...Chevy SS sedan" and when it's due at chevy dealerships.
Yes please! Any word on this?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #166
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
They didn't let us down with the 2010's and I'm sure they won't with the Z or HP Model... whatever its called!!...
99% of us want a Z/28. If they come out with an HP model, I'm sure it WILL be an ultra refined and wonderful car. No doubt about it. I'm sure GM hates to see all those dollars going to Hennessey, SLP, Berger and on and on and on......

But I hope they do ONE more thing when they launch HP. Let the community know that when Gen6 arrives it will not revive the Z/28 name. If not on the HP model, lets retire the name for posterity forever. Can't we agree on that?

I'm on the buying list for the HP for sure. I just don't want to feel two years later that the HP verison was just "not the real one"
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #167
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
The MS has an overall effect of gluing the car down even on twisters, but where it shines over your normal third party suspension upgrade, is it's launch mode that is tightly governed by the computer. If anyone gets the car with this option, then you don't want to go and mess with the shock or spring or lower the car. You will ruin the whole calibration that was designed to work with the software. I bet this will be an option rather than STD, since it adds a good amount of coins to the car.
I've been worrying about this... It looks like it has a great stance as it is, but I'd like adjustable coilovers, but I'm not going to argue any of that stuff is better, overall, for Z28. I wonder about swaybars...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #168
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I still feel like releasing a 45th Anni edition- after breaking off production 8 years would just invite scorn from the Stang crowd.... And the rest of the logical Earth.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 chevy camaro z28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, cobra killer, hp edition model, new camaro z28, new z28, sexy beast coming soon, z28 forum, z28 forums