Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #43
curtismyhero

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I've seen this parking topic become a hot item lately here. I just typically park super far away? Here in Texas most people will circle around for what feels like hours to find the closest spot. I park way in the back, run in, and run out before anyone would even bother parking next to me.

Now...downtown parking in ATX is a TOTALLY different story..... .just got a door ding on Friday from a garage.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #44
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Yay. Another parking thread.

I've seen lamborghinis parked more sensible than that.
Has to be 1 parking thread on page 1 of general. It's da law.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #45
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
You know what sucks? When you park at the end of the lot, between the lines, and some beater car/truck parks right next to you when there are hundreds of spots closer to the store.

I think that's done intentional sometimes.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #46
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Seeing these types of threads makes me realize that 75% of the people on this board go around giving people door dings if they park in a way to protect their car...from door dings.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #47
pcrdude

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I park really far away at work. Out by myself, and between the lines. Twice now, someone has parked right next to me when there were LOTS of other spaces, all of them closer to the building. Both times, old junky cars. The second one gave me a door ding.

I won't take two spots, and I always have a long walk to park by myself. But WHY in the HE!! does some bozo think it's funny to park right next to me. Of course, it's a free world, and I can't control where they park, but seriously, it's sociopathic behavior to park right next to someone who OBVIOUSLY want's to have no one park next to them.

How's THAT for a parking rant???

Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #48
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Camaro12 View Post
Does it matter? The parking lot is empty anyways.
That's exactly why it matters.

Why would you park that way if there's no one to hit you anyway? They could have easily parked inside the lines and there still wouldn't be a car there to hit them, right?

Assuming some one pulls up next to them, there's absolutely nothing stopping them from doing whatever they want to your car. You're the douchebag that started it, just giving them a reason to respond in kind.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #49
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrdude View Post
I park really far away at work. Out by myself, and between the lines. Twice now, someone has parked right next to me when there were LOTS of other spaces, all of them closer to the building. Both times, old junky cars. The second one gave me a door ding.

I won't take two spots, and I always have a long walk to park by myself. But WHY in the HE!! does some bozo think it's funny to park right next to me. Of course, it's a free world, and I can't control where they park, but seriously, it's sociopathic behavior to park right next to someone who OBVIOUSLY want's to have no one park next to them.

How's THAT for a parking rant???

Not quite a year after I bought my car, I parked it in my driveway Thanksgiving night because I was doing some home improvements and had all the material and tools in the garage. Some wannabe gangbangers spray painted it and could not even spell Crips correctly. We always shop on Black Friday so I went out to the car a little after mid-night and the paint was barely dry. I hit it with some lacquer thinner and it was good as new. Turned out the wannabes were breaking in a foreclosed home around the corner and doing drugs, so the wife and I made it our personal mission to ensure the cops knew where they were until they got arrested for something.

The point is the story is:

1. Some people just suck.
2. My neighborhood is not gated, but it sure ain't the ghetto. You don't have to be in a bad neighborhood for somebody to jack with your stuff.
3. Since then I bought the house next door, moved parents into old house, and built 28x36 garage on empty lot between houses. Camaro never stays outside anymore.

One last note, I have a couple really big 4x4s and the wife and I both have been known to put a couple wheels on the curb (or even in the ditch) to park close to a jackwagon taking up two spots close to the stores. It's usually some "furin" job. What are they going to do? Scratch the paint on the mud truck? Bang their door on the nerf bar?

I also park next to lifted trucks that are smaller than mine, but that is a whole other forum.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #50
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by satxrider View Post
This is how you do it the right way.
YES!!!

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #51
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
No they don't ding you. They then just key you or dump a drink on your car.
I do this when there's pleeeennntttyyy of other open spaces.
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 08-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #52
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue10CamaroSS View Post
So this "cool guy" parked like the way you suggested so no one door dings him.

Care to defend him? Because even though its a camaro, I think most people will defend the truck.
I only park in 2 spots if there are plenty of other open spots for the other door dingers in a huge parking lot. You guys will understand one day
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #53
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jravenfan View Post
I think if you take up more than one spot you are asking for trouble. I understand the intent of not getting door dings but too many people are vindictive and would cause damage just for the hell of it.
And those people better hope I don't come out of the store when they are doing that. Low life's do that who are jealous.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #54
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gster View Post
My wife would definitely find a way to park with them and she'd be totally oblivious to it lol
Haha I hear on that one! !
Old 08-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #55
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I am at Applebee's and noticed a huge truck park next to my camaro. Notice how I didn't go outside to strangle him.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #56
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
You mean you respect people who park like this? I took this picture, and then stood in the row listening to people go by. Do you know how many people said that they wished people like that would get over themselves, or that someone would park really close to the car just to piss them off?
I wouldn't want that, especially in a busy lot. I park WAY out, and take 1 spot. I learned that the hard way. I parked WAY out and took multiple spots one time, and when I came back out, these 2 cars were parked with their passengers doors only inches away from my car. Thankfully I have a convertible and I was able to crawl through and over to get out of the spot, but if I had a coupe, no way I would have been able to do that.
As others have said, don't draw attention by the way you park.
And those same people walking by complaining don't understand bc they don't have a nice car or care about cars like the people on here. I don't park like that if it's a packed small lot.

Closed Thread