Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Exhaust or Headers

I'Mtying to decide if i want to get BBK long tubes with the stock catback or just a gibson exhaust. why not get both? the car will be extra loud and i dont want to deeal with high lvls of drone. i have seen that the bbk long tubes can produce up to 30whp for the v6 LLT. money is kind of a factor, bbk lt headers are $700-800 plus another $300-400 for install, for the money i drop for headers there better be a huge gain lol on the other hand i can get a exhaust with the ported tb, combined with my trifecta tune i should feel a increase in power also. point is im stuck and if anyone has the kind of setup im talking about PLZ HELP A BROTHER OUT! or if you kno for a fact what each setup can do im all ears.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Definitely BBK LT Headers, there will be very little if any performance gain with just replacing the exhaust.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I say go for the headers. But if/when you do go with an exhaust system, just pick up a Magnaflow resonated X pipe to go along with it. That alone will tone down just about any exhaust to an acceptable level.

We have some good deals going right now on BBK and Magnaflow. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or for pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Headers

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

ok, thanks everyone! seems like headers are the way to go.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Go with the headers and spend an extra couple of bucks to get the resonated x pipe
Old 10-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
I say go for the headers. But if/when you do go with an exhaust system, just pick up a Magnaflow resonated X pipe to go along with it. That alone will tone down just about any exhaust to an acceptable level.

We have some good deals going right now on BBK and Magnaflow. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or for pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
thanks for the heads up on the x pipe but i know about those already. thing is when you put headers and a catback on these cars they sound so raspy and thats even with the xpipe, i watch youtube vidz all the time with good head phones and im not liking the exhaust note so thats why it was one or the other.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
thanks for the heads up on the x pipe but i know about those already. thing is when you put headers and a catback on these cars they sound so raspy and thats even with the xpipe, i watch youtube vidz all the time with good head phones and im not liking the exhaust note so thats why it was one or the other.
An X pipe will be raspy yes, but with the resonated X it is greatly reduced.

Even headers with the stock exhaust will be somewhat raspy on the V6. IMO the ultimate setup would be headers with the full Magnaflow catback, or even the Magnaflow Axleback with the resonated X added on.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
An X pipe will be raspy yes, but with the resonated X it is greatly reduced.

Even headers with the stock exhaust will be somewhat raspy on the V6. IMO the ultimate setup would be headers with the full Magnaflow catback, or even the Magnaflow Axleback with the resonated X added on.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
sounds like a good idea. i see you also have the doug thorley headers; ive seen a few vids on youtube with those headers and a catback and they sound great! i guess that is because the cats are still there. but would you recomend that kind of setup?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
JDP Sales

Quote:
sounds like a good idea. i see you also have the doug thorley headers; ive seen a few vids on youtube with those headers and a catback and they sound great! i guess that is because the cats are still there. but would you recomend that kind of setup?
You are right on the money.. Most of the rasp is introduced with the replacement of the cats with high flow cats.

The DT headers are not bad, but like the V8; real power is made with long tubes and high flow cats. They are a good option to get a little more power and sound though. The price is very affordable as well. We have a set on the shelf, ready to go that I could offer you a discount on. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Quote:
You are right on the money.. Most of the rasp is introduced with the replacement of the cats with high flow cats.

The DT headers are not bad, but like the V8; real power is made with long tubes and high flow cats. They are a good option to get a little more power and sound though. The price is very affordable as well. We have a set on the shelf, ready to go that I could offer you a discount on. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Awesome! i will be in touch soon
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
JDP Sales

Quote:
Awesome! i will be in touch soon
Looking forward to it!

Best regards,