Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #57
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Where's the side mirror?
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #58
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
So, from what I've seen of the camo'ed cars, the tease pics, and the renderings, I too feel that GM could have pressed a little more on the design. But they could have done that while keeping the design elements of the Camaro that make the Camaro what it is.

I look at some of these concepts done by non-GM people and wonder why they didn't go more in these directions:

This one has a great profile, very aggressive, sharp crisp lines, muscular, and is still recognizable as a Camaro (the front & rear of this one were not good)

This one was VERY promising. Obviously it had to be toned down a bit. But it still looks like a Camaro.

This one is neat. Hadn't seen it before.

This one is freah & edgy, yet still looks like a Camaro

This one is really good. Has a lot of promise.

The one in the foreground has promise.

Do any of these concepts appeal to you?
I could take the time, but I won't, to go concept by concept.

Needless to say most if not all "concept art from GM Design Staff are not manufacturable.

When you put real world requirements, packaging and physics theses all become much more conventional looking.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #59
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
The profile looks great. I was worried about the 1/4 window shape being too rounded like the camo cars made it seem. Nice to see thats not the case. Its looks awesome.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #60
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Funny thing. I was reading on Mustang forum about the garbage decklid spoiler on the new Camaro. Just saw a picture of 2016 Mustang and they have a package that has pretty much the same styled spoiler.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:21 AM   #61
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

Brightened image from GMI.

lots of room from an FMIC
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #62
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-ACE View Post
Say what you will about Ford, but the one thing they are not doing, is resting on their success. Don't get me wrong, I won't own a Ford, but I do admire the way they push the design envelop.
Not looking to get into a whole Ford vs. Chevy debate, but I don't understand how Ford is to be congratulated for their evolutionary design of the new Mustang, but Chevy's equally evolutionary design is "playing it safe"???
Old 05-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #63
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I'm with the people who wanted something mostly new as opposed to slightly tweaked in terms of looks. If you're going to start from scratch from the chassis up, you might as well put a fresh design on the body.

All I can do is be glad they didn't pull a Ford and graft the grill and hood of a family sedan to the front of it and sell a fugly car on name alone.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #64
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Not looking to get into a whole Ford vs. Chevy debate, but I don't understand how Ford is to be congratulated for their evolutionary design of the new Mustang, but Chevy's equally evolutionary design is "playing it safe"???
I think people see a much greater difference visually between the '14 and '15 Mustang when compared to the '15 and '16 Camaro. Yes, they're both revolutionary, but the Mustang appears to have less in common with its previous iteration than the Camaro does.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #65
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Guys..... this car is going to be uber hot!!

Add the lower weight and DI lt1 capable of 500rwhp cam only were in for a real treat.

Forget about the rear end.. thats for the blue oval guys and their inferiority complex!
Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #66
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
for me, i just don't get the whole comparison mindframe - I will like or dislike the car for the car without any idea of what it should be based on previous generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I think people see a much greater difference visually between the '14 and '15 Mustang when compared to the '15 and '16 Camaro. Yes, they're both revolutionary, but the Mustang appears to have less in common with its previous iteration than the Camaro does.
People will see what they want...it is very subjective. I just don't really care what the previous gen looks like, i mean, i'm not going to say, "Oh it looks too closely related to the other camaro". I think the 5th gen carried some traditions from previous, gills, hips, gauge pods - I think 6th will continue this trend and carry over SOME history.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #67
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Lol i know. It is still evolutionary from the 2005 model in my opinion. It was even more obvious until this year. It evolved into looking like the fusion. So impressive...

I guess GM should have a completely new car every 5-6 years.

Challenger hasn't been totally changed either.

Not seeing how GM has done anything wrong...yet. For gods sake the car went from extinct to leading in sales for most of the last 5 years... And now GM is playing it safe? Why would they come out with a totally new car (styling wise) after only 5 years? How is a car even supposed to gain an identity in 5 years? This is how it typically always works for these cars... One evolutionary styling update after about 5 years and then a more drastic change (totally new generation) after 10... Nothing new here this is how it always works... Not just for GM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:49 AM   #68
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
People need to save their comparisons for it "looking too much like a 5th gen" until the car is, you know, actually revealed and every panel and body line is visible.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #69
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
And for two years GM has stated "Evolutionary". Are folks expecting them to provide revolutionary after they stated evolutionary?

IMO, most buyers will see the car for the car that it is; they simply won't make any comparison to the previous gen and say "golly gee, it just isn't radical enough of a departure for me...i'm getting a Challenger (cuz it looks exactly like the original).

anyway, it's going to kick a$$ so why care what it looks like compared to any other car.
Harley Earl would roll over in his grave for you saying that. Lol
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #70
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
Guys..... this car is going to be uber hot!!

Add the lower weight and DI lt1 capable of 500rwhp cam only were in for a real treat.

Forget about the rear end.. thats for the blue oval guys and their inferiority complex!
The blue oval guys are most likely going to respond in a year.