Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
Cool GM SUPER CHARGER COMMENTS

Has anyone had the GM super charger installed yet and if so , is it all what it supposed to be !
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
It is the same as I put on my SS only it is the SLP kit. It is all is is supossed to be !! I am at 546 RWHP !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
camaro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
It is the same as I put on my SS only it is the SLP kit. It is all is is supossed to be !! I am at 546 RWHP !
Thats cool so bout 625-650HP at engine?
and is your GM warranty affected and your insurance premium higher as a result?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Allanski

Drives: Car
Was it a dealer install? Pricing?
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
the GM one they are selling is 10k+ for the parts. . . I like the clean look, but for that price, NO WAY IN HELL would I buy it.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Thats cool so bout 625-650HP at engine?
and is your GM warranty affected and your insurance premium higher as a result?
ouch thats damn expensive for the return.
but headache free.

chaqun son gout right?

my advice if your even thinking about it.... dont say a word about the charger to your insurance.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
christcringle

Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
Hey guy check Edelbrock E-Force same patter easy to fit same trouting and hose.
6500$ us
For the HP I tell you next week
If you are insterested I get special price for 5 unit install
Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
woodbridge camaro medic

Drives: 2010 Black/Greystrp Camaro 2SS/RS
Did you originally get your car from macmaster chevrolet? just wondering thats where my car is from.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #9
camaro99

No . Got car from Quebec dealer !
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Octaneman

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
Hi, I believe the op is referring to the new GM supercharger that is also used on the ZR-1, it has a different configuratin then the TVS 2300, the one that slp sells, I was told, but have not confirmed, receive it from Magnuson, although SLP probably supply their own tune.

We have an SLP 575 that is in our shop now for upgrades, and its identical to the Magnuson kits, - although one thing surprised me, they DID NOT pin the Crankshaft...that is a shock to me, I don't know if they forgot or do not install it with their kits. The Magnuson kits all come with crank pinning kits, which is imperative for extra safety to eliminate the harmonic balancer from slipping on the crankshaft.

Cheers
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
Has anyone had the GM super charger installed yet and if so , is it all what it supposed to be !
Hi, I'm in Ottawa as well , let us know if you go ahead with the supercharger. I am seriously thinking of doing the same but not sure exactly what system to use and who to trust (knowledgeable) in the region to put it in.

Cheers!

Mario
Old 08-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Mario View Post
Hi, I'm in Ottawa as well , let us know if you go ahead with the supercharger. I am seriously thinking of doing the same but not sure exactly what system to use and who to trust (knowledgeable) in the region to put it in.

Cheers!

Mario
Mario choosing a SC is not easy but at the same time it's not rocket science. I'm getting mine installed on Monday, i did a lot of reading here on C5 the place you want to start is the FORCED INDUCTION thread ask alot of questions and read read read.

As for choosing the right shop i would say call all the performance shops in your area and ask them how many super chargers they have installed on 2010 Camaros. Don't go to a shop that you will be their first SC on Camaro install (guinea pig). Go to meets around your area and talk to alot of guys.

As for myself i called every performance shop in my area and couldn't find anyone that had installed a SC in a Camaro, so i decided to go to someone that has installed hundreds of SC on Camaros. Jannetty Racing
And very knowledgeable on these cars, and what it takes to make them go FAST

Good luck with your journey.

As for the GM SC i would wait till a few guys actually install them to see the numbers, as for right now everyone agrees overpriced.
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #13
camaro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Mario choosing a SC is not easy but at the same time it's not rocket science. I'm getting mine installed on Monday, i did a lot of reading here on C5 the place you want to start is the FORCED INDUCTION thread ask alot of questions and read read read.

As for choosing the right shop i would say call all the performance shops in your area and ask them how many super chargers they have installed on 2010 Camaros. Don't go to a shop that you will be their first SC on Camaro install (guinea pig). Go to meets around your area and talk to alot of guys.

As for myself i called every performance shop in my area and couldn't find anyone that had installed a SC in a Camaro, so i decided to go to someone that has installed hundreds of SC on Camaros. Jannetty Racing

As for the GM SC i would wait till a few guys actually install them to see the numbers, as for right now everyone agrees overpriced.

Exactly... and is the purpose of this thread!!

I want to keep my car GM genuine but I had to laugh when I opened the genuine GM boxes only to find "Made in Korea" on my plastic (60$/pair) not metal Red SS badges for my fenders!

Must be from North Korea since they're ...red
Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post

Thank you, excellent advice, I will follow your suggestions and do some homework.

Cheers!