Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
tazznchop

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Speaker Upgrade Questions.....

I am wanting to upgrade the speakers in my car but not sure on if a amp is required or can the factory amp run them fine. The only audio shop in town is has a very bad rep so I going to try to do it myself.

I am not going to add any subs just upgrade the rear 6x9's and door speakers 6.5" and maybe the center speaker 3"

I will keep the Boston Acoustics brand

For the fronts the Boston Acoustic SR65
For the rears the Boston Acoustic SR95
not sure on the center yet!!!!

I plan on adding subs later on but just wanted to upgrade the speakers now. Or does anyone have any other suggestions.
tazznchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
why bother, if you are NOT going to put more power to the speaker with an additional amp, the speakers that come with the car are just fine.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Leave'em. If you plan on adding anything like a sub, you can really fill up the car with bass. If you are turning up the volume and it has too much bass, turn it down. the clarity of the speakers will be great with a clean sweep. Or, you can toss in bass blockers in all the highs and just keep the bass coming from a subwoofer installed in the trunk. That really separates the lows from the highs.

All I did was put a 12 in the trunk...sound great.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Genevieve

Drives: 2SS/RS
Your factory amp will power those speakers. I would recomend use an upgraded amp sooner or later but as par your question the factory amp will run your Speakers. I cant drop large amount of money at one time so I too will do my car in stages and peices. One thing I strongly encourage is some sort of sound dampering material. even before I change my speakers I will apply it to my doors. If you dont have nice custom shops local you can just pick up dynamat from them and do it your self. Even if it is just a small door kit at first you will hear a difference.

Hope this helps,
B
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote