Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #1429
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
She’s out driving! GO FIGURE! Thanks for letting me bend your ear! Camaro5 folks you rock!
Tunacan, very cool! Will look forward to meeting you, your wife, and that pretty IOM 2LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
tuna.. thats a fantastic story ... but you know whats next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petman View Post
Hi, Rick from Fostoria Ohio, suppose 40 minutes south of Toledo Ohio, and I just got my car yesterday 10-1-2009... and I now have the perm-a-grin.
IBM is always pretty! Only reason I didn't get it is because my last two cars were that color! Well, that and my dad's '69 is red, so I had to match... Welcome to the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Mmmkay...who had the VR SS/RS with White rally stripes and painted ground effects on campus today?
Fen, you need to print off some of those Camaro5 cards for these people! Maybe I do too. I could've used one while walking my dogs today, who'd've thunk? I saw a black 1SS pull into the neighborhood credit union, and they were just finishing up at the ATM as I approached. "Nice car! Mine's red!" I said. Couple of older guys in it, I talked to them a few minutes and told them about the site. So hopefully they'll find it and join us.

Quote:
Things are all right. Kind of a big ball of blah right now.
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Hopefully you'll meet some fun new friends soon. I was a wallflower, and even so, managed to have much more fun in college than high school. It'll get better! Hopefully you'll be able to come on the Hocking cruise - that should help with the blahs.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #1430
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
You wanted pics, Here are a couple (not so Good!, Cell phone) but you get the idea

RB
Haha, our posts crossed! Very nice! First IOM I've seen with H/H stripes.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #1431
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
First time for everything I guess...

I took Rene` to the grocery store today He had to sit unattended in a crowded parking lot for an hour! HAHAHA...

It was really cool, on the way there we stopped at McFarland Chevy in Maysville KY, they had 4 Camaros on the lot! A 2LT/RS VR with black rallys... hmmm sounds familar, a black 2LT and an IOM 2LT, both non RS cars and a 2SS/RS RJT with grey interior with black hood and hockeys. Then, on the way back I came up on a mint 2002 SS anniverary edition, red with the checker rallys, convertible with the plate "LAST Z" I thought that was really cool except the fact that it wasnt really a Z. I guess it started life as a Z but I feel the plate "LAST SS" would have been more fitting. Oh well, not my car and cool non the less. Too bad he was going like 40 in a 55 and I just had to pass him up!

tuna... your car is SWEET. Long live the hood and hockey stripes!!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #1432
Red Rocker
I can't drive 55!

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 CRT
Quote:
Here is a cool tid bit. There is a sticker on the passenger side frame rail just left of the engine if you are standing in front of the car that gives a date stamp of when your car started down the line.

I had a TPW of 8/3. If you check your calendar, 8/3 was "Civic Holiday" so the plant was shut down. My car has a date/time stamp of 8/4, 7:45am. My car was one of the first built on the day back from a long weekend! Completed getting built and shipped 8/5. I am on the fence as to whats worse a monday morning (or in my case tuesday after a holiday) or a friday afternoon car!
Hopefully that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore , but Norwood was infamous for it. A few of my friends' fathers worked there and told us stories about some of their co-workers antics on Mondays and Fridays
Red Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #1433
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocker View Post
Hopefully that kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore , but Norwood was infamous for it. A few of my friends' fathers worked there and told us stories about some of their co-workers antics on Mondays and Fridays
Lets hope not! So far the car ahs been pretty much flawless. Other than the paint peel on the rear bumper that has been fixed, the car is great.

Did you decide if you are going to Hocking Hills the 17th? I can't racall if you responded or not.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #1434
bartking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS sold 4/17/15
my Myrtle beach road trip

"Short" executive summary:

Drove from Columbus to Myrtle beach starting at ~4am Sunday Sep 27th. I was so excited about the drive I didn't get much sleep the night before. When I started driving I was wide awake and enjoying the ride. Heather (my Camaro) did great Drove 250 miles let my wife drive for 60 then we switched again and finally let her drive he last 120 miles of a ~800 mile trip. On the way back with much more sleep I drove the whole way took about 11 hours with stops for lunch, gas, and restroom breaks. I went out twice to take pics at sunrise and broke a small chair (and my back) the second time. I didn't download the pics yet to my pc so please don't tell me I need pics.... yet anyway... give me a day.

well almost quitting time here at work so I'll post more stories when I get the pics downloaded tonight.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #1435
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocker View Post
My father worked there...

Wanna hear the stories about how they were told to install parts that wouldn't fit correctly with a hammer?

Oh. Yeah, I guess you 3rd gen. owners wouldn't want to hear about that...
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #1436
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
My father worked there...

Wanna hear the stories about how they were told to install parts that wouldn't fit correctly with a hammer?

Oh. Yeah, I guess you 3rd gen. owners wouldn't want to hear about that...

20 years later and mine is still doing good!

Tell your dad thanks!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #1437
FenwickHockey65

I think your '89 was built at Van Nuys...Norwood was gone by then. My dad almost followed the Camaro there too...good thing he didn't as that plant went under soon after.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #1438
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think your '89 was built at Van Nuys...Norwood was gone by then. My dad almost followed the Camaro there too...good thing he didn't as that plant went under soon after.
It was a Van Nuys car.

Do you have any idea is LadyInBlus is going to Hocking? She has been MIA. We are up to 11 cars.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #1439
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
It was a Van Nuys car.

Do you have any idea is LadyInBlus is going to Hocking? She has been MIA. We are up to 11 cars.
She sounded like she was going...if we don't hear from her in a few days I'll call her.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #1440
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
She sounded like she was going...if we don't hear from her in a few days I'll call her.
ok... keep me posted. I haven't heard from paul yet either. he and his wife must be "catching up"!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #1441
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
I'm alive and well and finally back in the state of Ohio. Went up to Maine for a week to check out the foliage and to visit Portland and Acadia National Park. And to consume as many clams and lobsters as the budget would allow :-)

Unfortunately I can't attend the drive on the 17th. My mom is having surgery in northern Indiana so that's where I'll be heading that day :-( You can bet I'd much rather be driving Merlin through lovely scenery than plodding along on boring I-70/I-65 with a vehicle that would thoroughly enjoy going a good 30 mph over the speed limit!

I can't believe how many posts I need to read to catch up with everything happening on the site. Email I can blow off but not Camaro5!!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #1442
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Yes, your absence was noticed. See what happens when you miss a few days of Camaro5.com? And did you drive Merlin up to Maine?

Bummer you can't make the fall cruise. We'll be thinking of you!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?