Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #29
Patriot

Drives: 2011 LS3/RS on order... ..
It's all about about price. The interior is just fine if come to grips with the fact that the dashboard is for a a $23K car (base LS).
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #30
td2222
TBoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love the interior, wish the ambient light was a little brighter.
No food in mine,I don't even allow gum.

Camaro forever!
td2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #31
roadstar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
We spent about 9 hours in the Camaro this weekend and I have to say it was nice. I thought about all the complaints I've read and I'm just not seeing it. I think its an awesome interior and I love it!

We drive a 2SS/RS and the Bluetooth/USB connections for the ipod are really cool.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 AM   #32
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
After driving around this weekend, it's like the interior was custom made for me. It's the most comfortable interior of any car I've ever owned. It's like riding in the cockpit of a custom made jet. My wife said the same thing riding shotgun with me this weekend.

So what gives. Why all the complaints about the interior?
It's one of the few nitpicks you have about this car.

Personally I like the look of the interior, and I like the fact that all you need to do for the plastic is wipe it off with a mild detergent. That's better than putting armor all on it, leaving it all greasy, and hazing your windows from it.

Cupholders work, but only with the smaller size pop cans or 12 oz cups. Don't put a straw in there.

I like the firmness of the center armrest. While my camry armrest was softer and might have felt better. I wore it down where my arm rested in 4 years time.

Height adjustment passenger seat? Never bothered me. Backseat, you can fit in there, but you don't want to go on a real long trip back there.

To GM: Thank you for not giving us the interior that was on the convertable concept.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #33
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Wow, that center console looks awesome. Love all the aluminum/stainless look.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #34
Venom09

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
I also love the interior. Only thing I want to change in mine is the color of the plastic panels on the door that extends to the dash on the passenger side. Is there a website where you can buy those in Rally Yellow? I see the Synergy Green comes stock with green panels.
Venom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #35
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
IMO the interior leaves a bit to be desired. I drive an 08' Lexus and think the interior on it is extremely nice. It's not stopping me from considering buying a Camaro though.
They could have made it better than Lexus, Jaguar, "X" brand etc etc but that would have drove the price up and instead of complaining about the interior, people could complain about the price.

I can understand some of the concerns about the cup holders and passenger seat being an inconvinience. Hell, I'll even entertain the idea of the passengers area being bland(I don't think it is). But let's remember what were talking about and it's been discussed over and over, it's a muscle car not a luxury car.

There's always something bigger, better and more badass, always has been that way and always will be.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #36
Wilburbeest
Think With Your Dipstick!

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28
The couple times I've been in one it seemed crazy nice to me but then again I DD a 4th gen Camaro

1997 Camaro Z28 (LT1/T56): K&N CAI | Kooks 1 3/4" LTs | 3" Custom Duals | UMI LCAs w/ relocation brackets | UMI adj. panhard bar | UMI adj. torque arm | Koni SA shocks | Strano Springs | Ram Powergrip clutch | Pro 5.0 shifter | skip shift eliminator kit | WS6 Store rotors | Hawk HPS pads
Wilburbeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #37
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Power Lumbar

I just wish the seats had power lumbar. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied with the interior.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #38
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
my wife, who was planning on getting a new Camaro before...ahem, a little "surprise" came along is actually glad she didnt get one now because she dislikes the interior that much.

we both agree that the outside of the car is gorgeous (she doesnt like the gold bow ties...id never even noticed that lol)

im kind of split...there are things about the camaros interior that i both like and dislike. but that cheap GM plastic dash needs upgrading bad.
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #39
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Give me dash ambient lighting and I won't complain anymore.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #40
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
Its the hard, ugly plastic that the rest of the interior is made of. Yes, as much as I hate to say it MT was right about the steering wheel but if it was smaller I couldnt see the gages
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #41
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....
I just don't think it would be considered a Camaro if it didn't have the PLASTIC dash.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental.

I'm still glad I bought a 5th Gen. though.

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #42
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
My car is purrrrrfic. love it
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote