Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #85
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
fbodfather
You really enjoy making us feel like we know absolutely nothing You could just be a kind fellow and release some information.....

shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #86
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
But I like purple! Please save me (and my marriage) from HAVING to buy a Corvette!
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #87
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
I think the hint is in the Super Bowl commercial. They have developed technology to make Autobots... powered by recycled Toyotas.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #88
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
A lie is only telling something that you know not to be true. If you believe it to be true but it turns out to be incorrect, that does not constitute a lie by the definition of lie. On the other hand not telling something when you do know something by some is considered a lie of omission. In which case anyone who knows anything but isn't saying is by that definition, lying. However, if you don't know anything and aren't saying anything then you are by default being truthful by not telling a lie or a truth as you would know neither. So in this case it would be hard to tell whether there was a lie or not. Now on the other hand there is smaller classifcation of lie known as a fib. A fib may generally be considered to be ok in some circles, but in others it merely falls into the category of lacking truth and, hence, simply a lie. But I digress.
I think on my 21st birthday, I'm driving up to Detroit specifically to buy Number 3 some drinks.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #89
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
But I like purple! Please save me (and my marriage) from HAVING to buy a Corvette!
if the only way to save your marriage is to get a camaro then your in the wrong marriage buddy. just sayin.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #90
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
Quote:
A lie is only telling something that you know not to be true. If you believe it to be true but it turns out to be incorrect, that does not constitute a lie by the definition of lie. On the other hand not telling something when you do know something by some is considered a lie of omission. In which case anyone who knows anything but isn't saying is by that definition, lying. However, if you don't know anything and aren't saying anything then you are by default being truthful by not telling a lie or a truth as you would know neither. So in this case it would be hard to tell whether there was a lie or not. Now on the other hand there is smaller classifcation of lie known as a fib. A fib may generally be considered to be ok in some circles, but in others it merely falls into the category of lacking truth and, hence, simply a lie. But I digress.
Sounds like something off of Pirates of The Caribbean. Just sayin.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #91
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Oh Lord help me ascertain the aspects, scrutinize the subject and come to a clear and concise conclusion upon which to make a sound and rational judgement.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #92
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Waiting for the HP, Z, whatever it's going to be called..

feels like waiting to find out who shot Mr. Burns --
feels like waiting to find out who Cartman's father was --
feels like waiting for Fry and Leela to actually get together --
feels like waiting for Mass Effect 3
feels like waiting for Half-Life 2 Episode 3

it's keeping people glued to the TV, the rags, the interwebz, etc..

Just like being made to watch 58 minutes of an hour news show, to see that big announcement during the last 2 minutes..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #93
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
WHICH IS IT????!!!! GAAAAAaaack!!!

Yes!

Old 02-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #94
Darkflow

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS LE
Well the article does say "unviel a vehicle based off the chevrolet camaro platform". So it really dont mean its a Camaro/Z28/HP Edition that will be unveiled but also doesnt mean, it wont be the Z28/HP Edition...

It also mentions that "GM planned to unveil at least one other new vehicle at the show". So could it be, the new 4dr V8 sedan from Chevy that replaces the G8???

Taken off MotorTrend website....

Quote:
With rear drive and a punchy V-8 under the hood, the Pontiac G8 was the first real sport sedan for Pontiac in decades, and we mourned its demise when GM killed off the Excitement Division as part of its post-bankruptcy rationalization. But it appears the G8 will make a comeback -- only this time wearing Chevy badges. Three GM sources have confirmed to Motor Trend the Australian-built sedan will re-appear on the U.S. market as a Chevy in the coming year. And it won't be called Impala. "We have a good name for it," smiled one of the sources.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #95
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
fbodfather
You really enjoy making us feel like we know absolutely nothing You could just be a kind fellow and release some information.....

My prayers have been answered, we have something new and fresh to talk and wildly speculate about about. And we will get the answer in print, covered by the media,with tons of pictures, and in a few days to boot!!!! Be happy peeps,...it may or may not not be the HP granted, it may be a 6th generation Camaro prototype for all we know, but what we do know is that it will be a camaro based platform and it's something new....., the Chevy God's are smilling on us! We are not worthy(LOL).Oh BTW Fbodfather has always given us info albeit in between the lines but if you are perceptive enough you don't need it to be completely spelled out, do you? It wouldn't be as much fun that way...thanks Scott for your posts, I for one appreciate it.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #96
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
This thread is full of WIN!!!!
Attached Images

BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #97
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
I am gonna guess we will find out what is happening with the G8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #98
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:

I find that in most cases, it isn't GM that gets everyone hyped up. It's ourselves. And when we expect a certain thing based on 38 threads on it, the we are disapointed. But I'm not sure GM does that to us as much as we do it to ourselves.
Number 3,

In all due respect,

....Seeing the concept Camaro and the Transformers movie over, and over, and over, and over again waiting for the REAL thing was the ultimate car tease ever in the history of....well ever in the history of anything! As the "F" and "C" companies were putting out some cases two retro based models, us Chevy fans could only drool in anticipation. Again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment"

....and while those same other companies put out Convertibles, "HEMI", BOSS 302's and "500" additions and key activated track modes; again us Camaro fans could still do nothing but drool… and again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment" as well...

....having to see a cobalt Blue, Sublime Lime or Plumb Crazy rides out there with no Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaros would also qualify as "disappointment".

Now please do not take this as negative, as I still love GM vehicles over all other brands....but, I must admit GM has disappointed us loyal customers.

So if GM does not want to Disappoint us customers tell us what's happening and what is planed, heck it makes no difference to the "F" and "C" companies they have all shown their cards.

Just saying;
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote