Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Regional Camaro5 Fest sounds great. That way everyone could attend at least one through out the country. Its a win-win for everyone.
Great for the attendees but not so great for the people that have to put on these shows.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #16
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Regional Camaro5 Fest sounds great. That way everyone could attend at least one through out the country. Its a win-win for everyone.
Sounds good! East, West and Central. Yearly. That should keep everybody happy.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Bill View Post
I don't know the official numbers for the first event, but what if four regional events brought in 500-750 cars each?

More Locations= More Camaros= More Participants=MORE FUN!

I was there, I believe it was around 500. 317 in the Friday night cruise.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #18
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Sounds great but the problems associated with planning and who is in charge to plan, rent a track, secure a host hotel, talk to local officials, etc, etc...no way a group could do that for 4 different regions plus the annual event.

Lots and lots of time and money are fronted for projects like these...I know, I've done them before! I've laid over $5K of my own money down to host such events with track rental, plaques, and host hotel deposits...who is going to do this? 4 times?

Local or regional events are awesome, and can be done prior to the annual event. But I'd say keep them that way, local, smaller and just have folks together to have fun.

Hard to explain...but I've been there and done it...it's tough work, long hard work and you are banking on a return of your investment to just break even!! Might not happen every time!

I like the annual event...if it means I travel for 15 hours like I did this year, then so be it, I'll travel 15 hours again! That's the beauty of C5F...getting an entire community together at one location, for one hell of a good time!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like this idea
Old 05-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
good idea, now get it done! haha
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #21
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Sounds great but the problems associated with planning and who is in charge to plan, rent a track, secure a host hotel, talk to local officials, etc, etc...no way a group could do that for 4 different regions plus the annual event.

Lots and lots of time and money are fronted for projects like these...I know, I've done them before! I've laid over $5K of my own money down to host such events with track rental, plaques, and host hotel deposits...who is going to do this? 4 times?

Local or regional events are awesome, and can be done prior to the annual event. But I'd say keep them that way, local, smaller and just have folks together to have fun.

Hard to explain...but I've been there and done it...it's tough work, long hard work and you are banking on a return of your investment to just break even!! Might not happen every time!

I like the annual event...if it means I travel for 15 hours like I did this year, then so be it, I'll travel 15 hours again! That's the beauty of C5F...getting an entire community together at one location, for one hell of a good time!
All the problems you listed are done anytime a event is planned. I think each region should have its own planning committee instead of just having one planning board. Hey, If it makes this happen I will gladly serve on the SouthEast committee. No one says it would be easy. Just ask the committee who put this years Fest together. But in reality I feel its best for the Camaro5 family as a whole. Not everyone will be able to afford a 15 hour trip and won't come. But if its closer to there region, then they will. More people and cars equal more money. It can be done if everyone gets on board and does there part. Count me in!! I would really like to see this happen.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #22
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Great idea.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #23
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hate to burst the bubble guys but there is no way we can manage multiple events a year.

We might consider 2 if C5F II goes well. But we are gonna take a less is more approach for now and get the western US involved then move central.... If all goes well then we may consider holding two events a year but not next year...

Sorry.

And there are numerous once a year events out there that are consistently successful.

We don't want to count our chickens before they hatch. I'm just not confident that we can cover the cost and get the draw we'd need at each location.

But we appreciate the idea.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #24
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Hate to burst the bubble guys but there is no way we can manage multiple events a year.

We might consider 2 if C5F II goes well. But we are gonna take a less is more approach for now and get the western US involved then move central.... If all goes well then we may consider holding two events a year but not next year...

Sorry.

And there are numerous once a year events out there that are consistently successful.

We don't want to count our chickens before they hatch. I'm just not confident that we can cover the cost and get the draw we'd need at each location.

But we appreciate the idea.
Come on GTAHVIT, don't be so quick to bust our bubble. You guys would not have to plan multiple fest. It would be up to each region, leaving you guys off the hook, so you could just enjoy the show.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #25
Imsykogrl

Drives: 2010 Orange on black 2ss/rs
Hi guys! I'm moving to Jacksonville, FL in August and I am willing to help coordinate the next Camaro5 event if you would like in GA. Please let me know if you need my help!
Imsykogrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #26
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
All the problems you listed are done anytime a event is planned. I think each region should have its own planning committee instead of just having one planning board. Hey, If it makes this happen I will gladly serve on the SouthEast committee. No one says it would be easy. Just ask the committee who put this years Fest together. But in reality I feel its best for the Camaro5 family as a whole. Not everyone will be able to afford a 15 hour trip and won't come. But if its closer to there region, then they will. More people and cars equal more money. It can be done if everyone gets on board and does there part. Count me in!! I would really like to see this happen.
If you can get folks on board to foot the money, planning and all that goes along with it...then sure, it can be done.

But sponsors will not be able to attend 2 or more gatherings each year I don't think...I mean yeah, they'll make contacts and all but the travel cost associated to bring trucks, cars, all their stuff...IDK...maybe it can be done but man it would take some folks stepping up BIG TIME to even make it a possibility!

I'm all for it but like I said before...it's about bringing an ENTIRE community together IMO...not regionally. I'm up for about anything...will help where I can too...but it's a huge, huge undertaking to say the least!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #27
Donked
Cadillac Pimpin' son...

Drives: '92 Aqua Blue
Why not have regionals like the SouthWest did this year. Each region and choose the best time for their own giant meet. Then have the gigantic C5Fest once a year for epic caravans?
That way local vendors can go to the local shows. Members and vendors will only have to travel once for the big one.
I think I'm on the same page with Legend.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
dilution weakens the brand ...
there are always going to be regional gatherings held everywhere organized by our members. But C5fest is different. We'd like for it to be as big and as inclusive as possible. A series of regional C5 fests wouldn't draw people from all corners of the country (or internationally). Not many Canadians will go to a Texas event in ... May if there is a regional C5fest in July in Pennsylvania.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote