Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #29
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
My responses are in blue below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
Terri - It is unfortunate that after all the conversations we had regarding this, you still want to bash us on the forum. It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this?

My intent is not to bash but to tell people what happened. What I said is what happened.

We both agreed that there was mis-communication between us and then we came to an agreed upon conclusion.

The miscommunication was that You NEVER once said that you were only going to refinish the centers until long after I sent the wheels back to you. I made it very clear that there was chipping around the lip of the wheels as well as around the lugs before I sent them to you. Why did you tell me you would unmount and then remount the wheels for me if you weren't going to refinish the drums too?

I emphasized that this mis-communication would not have happened if it were a shop we were dealing with as a shop would probably have used different terminology considering you are a self proclaimed "noob". We have distributors set up for a reason and we were trying to help you out because you did not want to work with Tony.

I never said I didn't want to work with Tony. In fact, you explicitly asked me not to tell Tony about this. You said it would be easier to deal with you directly.

We have also spent time and money trying to support the Camaro community and can not get away from the PQ situation. Shipping damage, extended ETAs, miscommunication are just some of the concerns when dealing with mail order companies. We have distributors located throughout the nation to assist you with personal service, timely responses, quality information, and state of the art equipment... AND we would be more than happy to refer you to anyone of them.

now to address paint/warranty concern:

- We were going to refinish the centers (original (warrantable) problem area) for FREE.

- You wanted to switch to powdercoat
- You admitted that the shop damaged one of the wheels

I never said the shop damaged the wheels causing the chips.

- More than one wheel was damaged when they arrived

Please tell me the type of damage. You never did say exactly what was going on there.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Jekl - From what I understand, you loved your wheels! They look great, you got tons of compliments, they fit perfectly. Its unfortunate that you would jump on this thread just to bash a company.

- The vibration was just a balancing issue (not the wheels).
- The wrong lugs - again, Not Savini
- Missing caps - again, Not Savini

__________________________________________________ ______________

Tomato
- We have already made you your replacement set and they were shipped out to you. Wheel Studio shipped them to the wrong address. It's unfortunate, but again... NOT SAVINI

We have another set of caps on the production schedule, but our orders are are already in place and they will be cut when your schedule comes up. I apologize for the delay and we are getting through this as quickly as possible

Last and not least... EVERY issue that comes up, we are here on the boards trying to make it right.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Randy - I (Nick) have stood behind everything I have said in person, on the forum, over the phone, etc. It is not easy to get things done as quickly as some would want when you work for a company this size. There are guide lines that I have to follow before we can take the most drastic action of remaking wheels.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Guys, just an FYI: Savini has been around since 2003 and have sold over 160 sets of Camaro wheels this year. Im not trying to say we dont have issues, because every company does. But we do try and make it right...
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
why are you dealing with Savini? shouldnt you have called Nineball first and handled it through him? he's a great seller and im sure he would help you as much as he can, just dont see how you should have to work to get what you paid for..

there is a reason why companies like Vossen advertise here...

edit: didnt know Savini was on here.. HI!
Would seem so huh?

Isn't that simple. When I was dealing with Savini, Nine Ball was getting shut out as well. They were gonna let me buy a new set AT COST....... well yipee........ I would get to pay another 4k or so to get my problems fixed and be left with a messed up set to try and sell. That was my only option till I got pissed on here.

So, ya, if they shut out the retailer, what else can you do?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #31
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
why are you dealing with Savini? shouldnt you have called Nineball first and handled it through him? he's a great seller and im sure he would help you as much as he can, just dont see how you should have to work to get what you paid for..

there is a reason why companies like Vossen advertise here...

edit: didnt know Savini was on here.. HI!

Nick at Savini specifically asked me not to get Tony involved. Nick said he would take care of me directly.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #32
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Bottom line. Anyone who pays 6 Grand for wheels should have their fricken head examined.

Fixed it for you.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #33
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Fixed it for you.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #34
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Terri - It is unfortunate that after all the conversations we had regarding this, you still want to bash us on the forum. It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this? We both agreed that there was mis-communication between us and then we came to an agreed upon conclusion. I emphasized that this mis-communication would not have happened if it were a shop we were dealing with as a shop would probably have used different terminology considering you are a self proclaimed "noob". We have distributors set up for a reason and we were trying to help you out because you did not want to work with Tony.

We have also spent time and money trying to support the Camaro community and can not get away from the PQ situation. Shipping damage, extended ETAs, miscommunication are just some of the concerns when dealing with mail order companies.
OMG... This post pissed me off more than anything else I've read... I can't freaking believe he just said this.

After all the communications she waited patiently BEFORE posting on the forums... This is a LAST resort for reasonable folks like Terri. I applaud her for letting the rest of us know what we already feared..

Sounds very clear in the OP about what was agreed on and documented in e-mails. If it takes shop person lingo for you to understand then you don't need to be servicing folks on the forums. Take a hike and let your dealers handle it... that is if there are any left.

Unbelieveable... so sorry this has happened...
Old 12-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #35
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
- They were dealt with by the vendor as they should have been.

- No one ever called you a redneck and I dont know what that has anything to do with anything?

- As I mentioned, like every company, we make mistakes. We specifically do not deal with consumers for this fact alone. If you buy a Sony TV from Walmart, and you have an issue, do you go to Sony to fix the problem?

- Jekl, the fact is... that there are differences in shops, customers, vendors, shipping times, equipment used, and so on. No company wants to throw away money and there are options that need to be exhausted to get to the bottom line.

- Your wheels were not out of round. Darth's wheels were not out of round. That was the very concern you had...

- In efforts to keep my response to a minimum, please see the tech section at TireRack.com for more info on cast and forged wheels.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90

- Again, no one is insulting your intelligence. It is just plain fact Jekl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
True they have been sent and my wheel do ride smooth after having to be sent back.

Now I am just an old redneck from Alabama

These are supposed to be the top of the line wheels from a top of the line company and good money is spent on them, but what doesn't make any sense is that NOOB or not your product should stand up.

SAVINI is good at blaming every one else. They blame the VENDOR ,they blame the customer, you even blame the shops we take our vehicle to. I guess no one can balance a set of wheels unless you live in California., PLEEEASE. WE all are not that stupid.

YOU, NICK came to ME wanting me to BUY YOUR WHEELS. I TOLD YOU about my reservations especially after the issues with PQ wheels. You assured me that it was an isolated incident and that steps were taken to fix those issues. I guess not.

Since you are the face of SAVINI on Camaro 5 Please explain to all the NOOBS here why your wheels damage so easy and they are forged. I thought forged things were stronger. Guess not.

But please don't insult our intelligence, that stuff you see on TV about ALABAMA it ain't all true, trust me on that.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #36
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
- They were dealt with by the vendor as they should have been.

- No one ever called you a redneck and I dont know what that has anything to do with anything?

- As I mentioned, like every company, we make mistakes. We specifically do not deal with consumers for this fact alone. If you buy a Sony TV from Walmart, and you have an issue, do you go to Sony to fix the problem?

- Jekl, the fact is... that there are differences in shops, customers, vendors, shipping times, equipment used, and so on. No company wants to throw away money and there are options that need to be exhausted to get to the bottom line.

- Your wheels were not out of round. Darth's wheels were not out of round. That was the very concern you had...

- In efforts to keep my response to a minimum, please see the tech section at TireRack.com for more info on cast and forged wheels.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90

- Again, no one is insulting your intelligence. It is just plain fact Jekl.
Nick,
I am a redneck and proud of it , I don't take it as an insult. I make my living the old fashioned way, Hard Work.

I understand your point but why in the cases of Randy and Emma was the customer encouraged to deal directly with the manufacturor instead of the vendor. OR are you saying that Randy and Emma are lying to all of us here today, and the e-mails they have supporting their claims are out right lies.??
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
First of all, yes. I would if I could.

Secondly, I guess you are saying we shouldn't buy your wheels on-line.

I would agree.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #38
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OMG... This post pissed me off more than anything else I've read... I can't freaking believe he just said this.

After all the communications she waited patiently BEFORE posting on the forums... This is a LAST resort for reasonable folks like Terri. I applaud her for letting the rest of us know what we already feared..

Sounds very clear in the OP about what was agreed on and documented in e-mails. If it takes shop person lingo for you to understand then you don't need to be servicing folks on the forums. Take a hike and let your dealers handle it... that is if there are any left.

Unbelieveable... so sorry this has happened...

Well, Savini did talk to IPS Motorsports during the summer about the problems with my wheels. I'm sure they mentioned the problems with the paint chipping around the lip of the wheels due to poor paint prep. (That's why IPS called Savini). The guys at IPS told me that Savini said they would refinish the wheels under warranty if I shipped the wheels back to California.

If you'd like, I can post all of the emails that were exchanged. I have them all. I just reread them. Nowhere did Savini say they would only refinish the centers. In several places I said that the lips and lug areas had chips in them. It wasn't until a month after Savini got the wheels that Nick said they were only doing the centers.

I don't mind that powdercoating is extra. I agreed to that. What bothered me was trying to jack the price up by $800 after my wheels had already been sent to California and after the work had been completed. I had made it very clear prior to shipping that the entire wheels needed to be refinished.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #39
Savini
Account Suspended

I never said they were lying... Honestly, I took it upon myself to try and make this happen quicker, easier, and more cost effective for you members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
OR are you saying that Randy and Emma are lying to all of us here today, and the e-mails they have supporting their claims are out right lies.??
Old 12-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #40
Savini
Account Suspended

Emma, this is what we had the long conversation about. I apologized for the misunderstanding and ended up eating 80% of the cost. Was this not what we equally agreed to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I don't mind that powdercoating is extra. I agreed to that. What bothered me was trying to jack the price up by $800 after my wheels had already been sent to California and after the work had been completed. I had made it very clear prior to shipping that the entire wheels needed to be refinished.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #41
coolman

Quote:
Terri - It is unfortunate that after all the conversations we had regarding this, you still want to bash us on the forum. It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this? We both agreed that there was mis-communication between us and then we came to an agreed upon conclusion. I emphasized that this mis-communication would not have happened if it were a shop we were dealing with as a shop would probably have used different terminology considering you are a self proclaimed "noob". We have distributors set up for a reason and we were trying to help you out because you did not want to work with Tony.

We have also spent time and money trying to support the Camaro community and can not get away from the PQ situation. Shipping damage, extended ETAs, miscommunication are just some of the concerns when dealing with mail order companies. We have distributors located throughout the nation to assist you with personal service, timely responses, quality information, and state of the art equipment... AND we would be more than happy to refer you to anyone of them.
Why not save yourself a lot of aggravation and only sell your wheels to authorized shops that are trained to install your wheels. Since none of these problems were your fault and happened from people that don't know what they're doing according to you, you could control to a much better degree how your product gets shipped and how it gets installed if you did this. I know if i sold a product that was as delicate as your sounds to be I would only let people that I trained install it. These wheels sound like they're for on trailer queens and not daily drivers.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #42
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
- - As I mentioned, like every company, we make mistakes. We specifically do not deal with consumers for this fact alone. If you buy a Sony TV from Walmart, and you have an issue, do you go to Sony to fix the problem?
Quote:
I never said they were lying... Honestly, I took it upon myself to try and make this happen quicker, easier, and more cost effective for you members.
Nick do you see what you are saying here, in one statement it appears that some blame is being placed on the customer for dealing with the company and not the vendor, but then you say that the company steps in and somehow it all fall apart and now all this extra money comes from out of the blue.

It appears to me and again I am a layman on this but paint on wheels is not a good idea and looks like neither is powder coating, the extra money charged for it is definitely not worth the hassel.

But it really boils down to one simple thing here. Emma got charged too much not really sure how much but it appears around 200.00 to 400.00 for this powder coating thing, agree? in her eyes Is it really worth all this for 200.00/

Closed Thread