Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Stability control issue

I have a 2012 Camaro 1LT. Because I got the car to do mostly cosmetic mods I have only done a few performance. Cold air induction, TB, and MRT 2.0. The CAI and TB where done last week. A few days ago the tempature was forecast to feel like 2 and snow. So I put the car in my garage and didn't drive it for three days. Today I turn it on and get the check engine light with stability control message in window. The car is shaking and idling wrong. I pull the car out and let it warm up.

Quickly I hit the C5 and start doing searches. This leads me to check my MAF connection, battery connection, and TB connection since these are areas I have recently touched. Everything looks fine.

Now the car is warm I turn it off left it sit a minute and turn it back on. No service stability or check engine light. I sit in the car for a few minutes then I feel the car shake again like a rough idle. 5-6 seconds later it stops no error codes flashing or anything. I take off down the road runs fine???

I called the dealership anyway and will have it checked out Friday morning.

:(
Old 12-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Loose plug wire.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Yep........

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
iCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Loose plug wire.
Yeah, but what plug? How do narrow it down?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81106 View Post
I have a 2012 Camaro 1LT. Because I got the car to do mostly cosmetic mods I have only done a few performance. Cold air induction, TB, and MRT 2.0. The CAI and TB where done last week. A few days ago the tempature was forecast to feel like 2 and snow. So I put the car in my garage and didn't drive it for three days. Today I turn it on and get the check engine light with stability control message in window. The car is shaking and idling wrong. I pull the car out and let it warm up.

Quickly I hit the C5 and start doing searches. This leads me to check my MAF connection, battery connection, and TB connection since these are areas I have recently touched. Everything looks fine.

Now the car is warm I turn it off left it sit a minute and turn it back on. No service stability or check engine light. I sit in the car for a few minutes then I feel the car shake again like a rough idle. 5-6 seconds later it stops no error codes flashing or anything. I take off down the road runs fine???

I called the dealership anyway and will have it checked out Friday morning.

:(

We apologize for the frustrations you are currently experiencing with your Camaro. Please let us know how the service appointment goes this Friday.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
iCamaro

Dealership said I had a miss fire on 5. There is a bulletin for my issue at start up. It could be coolent getting in the the chamber. If it happens again, I have to come back and they will keep the car and put dye in the radiator wait a few days and check to see if that is where it's going... If that's the case I have to get a new engine!

I do not want that to happen... If it doesn't happen again it could have just been some bad gas?

So I basically got a "take two of these and call me in the morning".

On the flip side. This has been the best dealership and place I have ever purchased a car. They have take great care of me before and after the sale.

Everett Chevrolet in Springdale, Arkansas!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
Kylegrantham

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Dealership said I had a miss fire on 5. There is a bulletin for my issue at start up. It could be coolent getting in the the chamber. If it happens again, I have to come back and they will keep the car and put dye in the radiator wait a few days and check to see if that is where it's going... If that's the case I have to get a new engine!

I do not want that to happen... If it doesn't happen again it could have just been some bad gas?

So I basically got a "take two of these and call me in the morning".

On the flip side. This has been the best dealership and place I have ever purchased a car. They have take great care of me before and after the sale.

Everett Chevrolet in Springdale, Arkansas!
I had the exact same issue with my 2012 2LT RS. We got about five inches of snow here in Casper, Wyoming and I couldn't move the car for three days. Finally enough melted I decided to take it for a drive and she started idling funny and all the stabilitrak lights and service warning came in.

I turned it off, let it sit for a few hours and fired it back up, no issues. Drove it for 50 miles, took it to 100 on the interstate, nothing, no issues. Even coming home the stabilitrak kicked in on the snowy road like normal.

I took it in for routine service today and had them check everything out. They said a P0300 code had been logged and to bring it back on Friday to get checked out again. Luckily, I was assured anything wrong would be under warranty, but I'm getting ready to move to Delaware, a 2,000 mile drive, in two weeks. Kinda freaking out over here.
Kylegrantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #8
iCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegrantham View Post
I had the exact same issue with my 2012 2LT RS. We got about five inches of snow here in Casper, Wyoming and I couldn't move the car for three days. Finally enough melted I decided to take it for a drive and she started idling funny and all the stabilitrak lights and service warning came in.

I turned it off, let it sit for a few hours and fired it back up, no issues. Drove it for 50 miles, took it to 100 on the interstate, nothing, no issues. Even coming home the stabilitrak kicked in on the snowy road like normal.

I took it in for routine service today and had them check everything out. They said a P0300 code had been logged and to bring it back on Friday to get checked out again. Luckily, I was assured anything wrong would be under warranty, but I'm getting ready to move to Delaware, a 2,000 mile drive, in two weeks. Kinda freaking out over here.

Well I know I'm not the only one. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
fergie1197

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I just had the same issue today.. I have not drove my car for about 3 days because of snow. I started it today and sounded louder than normal and shaky feeling and service stability Waring popped up. I pulled out of garage reved engine and light went off..I am still going to have it checked out..
Old 01-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
Dang Chris... I hope it doesnt happen again.

ProCharger F1A, VMax TB, ID1000 Injectors, SW Headers, SW full 3" Exhaust, BMR Suspension & 4 Point Strut Tower Brace, 3.91 Gears, DBA Rotors
Heritage Grille, CCW SP16a Wheels 10"/11.5" Nitto 275/40 315/35, Painted Calipers, Blackout: Bowtie, Rear Panel, Markers & Side Vents,
SS Fender Badges, 6.2L Cowl Lettering, Pistol Grip Shifter, RPI SS Door Kick Plates, Billet Cup Holder, Fesler Shift Boot, Lloyd Floor Mats..(1/4: 12.917 @ 109.63)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
iCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Dang Chris... I hope it doesnt happen again.

I hope not either! It's been three days since I've driven my car. I have been tempted to go and start it up, but then that would require me to go out to the cold garage.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
Kylegrantham

Quote:
I hope not either! It's been three days since I've driven my car. I have been tempted to go and start it up, but then that would require me to go out to the cold garage.
Thanks for the welcome but I've got bad news Chris, I have coolant leaking into cylinder #3 . I just got the word from our local dealership.

It's warranty work, but they'll be keeping it until at least Wednesday while they get parts to fix it. There's no recall on this issue of yet, but apparently this is a common enough occurrence that they had a bulletin in their system about it.

Something is wrong with gasket that allows carbon build up to let coolant into the cylinders...

I immediately questioned whether this was something I'm going to see a recurring problem with and was told that once they make this repair it shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Sounds an awful lot like a gasket needs to be recalled to me.

The worst part, I'm driving this 2,000 miles on Thursday. I have to pray this is fixed and fixed right.

Last edited by Kylegrantham; 01-04-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
So I put the car in my garage and didn't drive it for three days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegrantham View Post
We got about five inches of snow here in Casper, Wyoming and I couldn't move the car for three days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergie1197 View Post
I just had the same issue today.. I have not drove my car for about 3 days because of snow.
Holy crap.
Don't drive your Camaro for 3 days and bad stuff will happen. :( I have a 2012 2LT and I also have to worry about the torque converter going bad.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
Kylegrantham

I'm willing to bet everyone with the symptoms Chris and I have, have coolant in a cylinder. All they had to do, supposedly, was type the symptoms into their bulletin system and this came up.

Which agains leads me to wonder why a recall hasn't been issued.

2012 Camaro 2LT RS, County Road 408, 20 miles south of Casper, Wyoming

Last edited by Kylegrantham; 01-04-2013 at 10:51 PM.