Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
JKbride
JKbride

Drives: 2 Fbodys, 06 Monte SS (LS4), C6
Atlanta Club

Hello, My name is John and I founded the Atlanta Camaro and Firebird Assoc 12 years ago and we are one of the most active and organizations around (see below).

We are a good fit for 5th Gen owners because we love to drive our cars. Of course we like to do cruises and a few shows, but our cars were meant to be driven and that is what we do....after all that is why you bought it right? This year we did road trips each month from April-Sep to the following places:

Social Circle, GA-Lunch at the Blue Willow and a local show
Juliette, GA-Lunch at the Wistle Stop Cafe (from the movie Fried Green Tomotoes), followed by a Cruise-in in Newnan
Columbus, GA-Lunch at the famous Dinglewood Pharamcy (one of the few remaining lunch counters in a Pharamcy in the US) and afternoon at the Infantry Museum at Ft. Benning
Dahlonaga, GA-Mountain back roads cruise and lunch on Dahlonaga Square
Atlanta, GA-Lunch at the Varisty and trip to the GA Aquarium
Chattanooga TN-Chickamuga Battlefield, Dinner Cruise on the Southern Bell, Ruby Falls and Rock City. This was a overnight trip and we stayed in a hotel downtown Chattanooga.
Nov 2010 we are organizing the All American Camaro Show in Mcdonough, GA.
Dec 2010 we are doing the McDonough Chirstmas Parade.

Next year, we will start our road trips in March and go through Sep. At our meeting this weekend (1pm, 9 Oct at Bellamy Strickland Chevrolet, exit 216 I-75, Mcdonough, GA) we will settle on a slate of activities for 2011 and discuss our show. We expect to do a couple of trips to the Mountains, Air and Space Museum in Huntsville, Savannah Trip, etc.

We have a strong belief that your the member and not your car, so if's it's a factory stripper V6 or a full tilt RS/SS with a turbo added, we are just happy to have you and your family with us.

We are a dirverse group, with various ages, genders and enthic back grounds. We have sevaral veterans and families in our club, all with one thing in common... our love for our country and our cars.

For more info go to www.atlantacfa.com

John
JKbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
musclecargirl

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
Hi John. Thanks for the post. We just got an ATL group of C5 owners off the ground. Last night, I added the Mcnough event to our calendar.

I'll be sure to point the ATL folks to your thread as well. Thanks again.
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
JKbride
JKbride

Thanks, it's really appreciated...congrats on getting a group going...it's a lot of work but very rewarding.

I will post up our club's events and you and your members are welcome to dove tail in. We are about fun and don't care about which club you belong to (In fact I belong to several).

I have found, especially with the 7-8 yr gap between new Camaro's many clubs find themselves populated with older cars, that the owners don't really want to drive 200 miles round trip...not to mention the bad mpg ( I have a 80 Turbo TA that gets 14 MPG), so I don't make long trips with it, but will do them with my 92 Convertible.

Hope to see you at the Nov 6 show and look forward to meeting you and some of the other 5th Gen owners

John
Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Hey JKbride!

Thank you for a great time on the Chattanooga trip. That was a wonderful trip. I enjoyed meeting you guys, cruzing with you, the dinner boat, Ruby Falls and Rock City. As long as I have lived in Atlanta, I had never been to those places. I had a great time!

Fast Camaro and myself will see at the All American Camaro Show, Nov 6th.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
JKbride
JKbride

Tnxs Dan, it was great to meeting you....hope Christy drags ya to our meeting this weekend

See you soon.
John
Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Fast Camaro
Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 RS Camaro - Bumblebee
Hey John,
Fast Camaro (Bumblebee) will of course be at the All American Camaro Show, hosted by the ACFA.
The ACFA is an excellent association to be apart of. We (ACFA) have had so much fun this year and I can't wait until November 6th for The Camaro Only Car Show. I am sure next year will be just as much fun.
See you soon,
Fast Camaro (Bumblebee)
Fast Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
Fast Camaro
Bumblebee

Drives: 2010 RS Camaro - Bumblebee
Musclecargirl,
Thank you for adding the ACFA's show to your calendar. What is the name of the C5 group you just started? I did not know you had already formed a group. I look forward to seeing you again and meeting the C5 group on November 6th.

Thank you,
Fast Camaro
Fast Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
Agent Atomic Orange

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Camaro View Post
Musclecargirl,
Thank you for adding the ACFA's show to your calendar. What is the name of the C5 group you just started? I did not know you had already formed a group. I look forward to seeing you again and meeting the C5 group on November 6th.

Thank you,
Fast Camaro

Airaid CAI (V2 Tube)/ Flowmaster American Thunder/ Barton Shifter Kit/ Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars/ Hotchkis Sport Springs/ AAC Lights/ GM Trim Kit/ Tint/ Pioneer Premier Champion Series Sub/ Pioneer 1500 Watt Amp
Agent Atomic Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
jimkerr

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible 2SS/RS
Hi all! I live on the Northside in Sugar Hill. I have a 2011 SS vert. If any of you are on the Northside we should all meet up sometime.

Jim
jimkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #10
Dexcam1
ACE5.org

Drives: "Flightrisk"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Hi all! I live on the Northside in Sugar Hill. I have a 2011 SS vert. If any of you are on the Northside we should all meet up sometime.
Welcome jimkerr, there are more than a few of us on the northside. You can find us at the link below.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...99708&page=116

and Ace5.org