Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #43
MOMSREDSS

Drives: 2010 Victory RED RS/SS L99
Since we have the ground effects package on our Camaro we went with square tips to match the rectangular opening on rear valance. Only problem is the tips are not polished. They are stainless though so I spent an hour or so polishing them up before they get installed. I think they look great and will look great when installed, better than having the round tip in the square hole!

Don't be discouraged or avoid the SLP square tips if you are running the GM ground effects because a little elbow grease and they look great.

Get these polished ones to the shop tomorrow so they can be installed with exhaust.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
MOMSREDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #44
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS View Post
Second car show we entered since buying the car. I took 1st place in the 2000 & Newer Cars.

Sorry Mustangs!!! Competition was Shelby Super Snake & Mustang GT.

Kids were excited that I won, ok I was too!
Wow, a '83 Hurst Olds in the lower right hand portion of the picture. Remember the lightning rods!

BTW, I like your car!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #45
MOMSREDSS

More photos of suspension work being done. Dropped the whole rearend out of the car to install bushing kit, springs and trailing arms.

Hopefully tomorrow we have photos of rear suspension installed and maybe front as well.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS, L99, Victory Red, Cyber Gray Stripes, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Pedders Stainless Brake Lines, ARH Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Axle Back, BMR Rear trailing arms, BMR Level 3 Performance Handling Package; Build Journal http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130448
Old 03-30-2011, 12:15 AM   #46
MOMSREDSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
Wow, a '83 Hurst Olds in the lower right hand portion of the picture. Remember the lightning rods!

BTW, I like your car!
Ya, there was a few really nice cars at the show. The red metallic 53 Chevy cab over pickup across street from the Olds was really nice and won best in show.

Lightning Rod's, what where they thinking!
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 AM   #47
ask4yah

Drives: 2010camaro1ssrs
Subscribed...
ask4yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #48
MOMSREDSS

More pictures of the suspension mod! This turned out to be a huge project! We didn't realize how much work replacing most the bushings would be. Pretty much got it all done today and am glad I decided to have a shop do it for me. Carb-Con in Kirkland WA, has done a great job.

Should have pictures of the car on the ground tomorrow. Headers, cats and cross over are installed now also. Mufflers should be tomorrow morning and then off to get alignment.

Its starting to feel like Christmas eve and I can't wait to open the presents. Plan is to hopefully get on the Dyno on Saturday and do custom tune and see what kind of numbers the stock motor will have with the exhaust mods, tune and CAI.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #49
MOMSREDSS

I've been to the shop every day to look at my car & taking pictures. It's quite the process.

Today, I showed up as they were bleeding the breaks. I took a few more pictures of it on the rack. The tires are back on it : o) (That's the one picture I don't have yet.)

It went off for it's alignment just after we left (husband met me).

I think I heard my car tell me..."I'm ready to come home now!" It might be all done tomorrow, if so...I will drive it home.

Brownie's are in the oven, baking for all the hard work the guys did for me on my car.
Thanks, Carb Conn!!! I/we can't wait.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #50
MOMSREDSS

I brought the car home today. It just had to rain.
Pictures to come......
Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #51
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Talking

Quote:
I brought the car home today. It just had to rain. Pictures to come......
The big question is... HOW DID IT FEEL AND HANDLE? Not enough time behind the wheel to tell? The install photos look clean and pristine. I am orange with envy...er should I say RED with envy? Great thread.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #52
MOMSREDSS

Last day @ the shop.

We were told yesterday that they had a few finishing touches to do on Saturday & that on Saturday afternoon they hoped to have my car on the dyno.

We went in today to check out the progress (both of us very anxious). The exhaust was finished & they were putting on the tips. They were waiting for us to give them our final decision on placement of the tips in the ground effects.

When the Camaro touched the ground & was moved out of the bay............VAROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! !!!!! OH, you should have seen the smile on my husbands face!

We were told that the group they had in for the dyno would be finished shortly & to take the car & go have lunch. They said they would be ready for us when we got back.

My husband drove to lunch, oh did he have FUN! So did I. When we came out from lunch, he remote started the car. The smile was just as big this time, as it was last time. "Do you hear that?" He said to me. Since I'm not quite use to my car sounding like that, I was first looking to see who else was in the parking lot with a muscle car (none to be found), then I realized...it was my car. I'll get use to the sound, it will just take a little time.

My husband asked me, "did you notice the ride height?" Not yet, I'm still taking this all in. When we got back to the shop, I stepped back & yes honey, I do see the difference. Now I just have to take a picture of the difference to have my "before & after" shots.

My husband drove his car & I drove the Camaro home. He asked me how it was?

At first I was nervous about every little bump in the road (being lowered). I was wishing the rain would have stopped. I had to find the windshield wipers since I haven't driven it in the rain before (other cars yes, the Camaro, NO). I notice that it's louder inside the car, I took a phone call on the blue tooth through the car. I thought my daughter said she could hear the new exhaust when we were talking.

I found myself going faster than I wanted (no tickets, please). Then at other times (35 mph) felt like I was crawling up the hill to the house.

All in all, I can't wait for the weather to get better to really get the feel of what it has. Maybe this next weekend will be nice, that's what it says right now.

This post is for you honey!

I have a video of the dyno, but I haven't downloaded it yet.

If the pictures are too big for this post compared to the last posts, it's because you have a "green rookie". The expert is not available right now to post. Have a great weekend
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #53
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
AWESOME MOM!!! I can't wait to see the vid and hear this bad ride kick out some finely tuned decibels! SWEET.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #54
MOMSREDSS

Thank you, Orange Krate. I'll try to get the video down loaded tomorrow.

Stayed up too late last night & didn't sleep well (cat fights,...mom, I can't sleep...ect...)
Old 04-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #55
MOMSREDSS

Delay on Dyno video

:( Sorry, I had hoped to have the video on today. It down loaded fine to the computer.

I've never posted a video before so I don't know if there's other steps to upload the video to the forum. It told me I had an "error". Bummer!!!

I'll have to get some help.

Until then, ~ Sorry.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #56
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
:( Sorry, I had hoped to have the video on today. It down loaded fine to the computer.

I've never posted a video before so I don't know if there's other steps to upload the video to the forum. It told me I had an "error". Bummer!!!

I'll have to get some help.

Until then, ~ Sorry.
Upload it to Youtube and link to the video in the forum.