Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #113
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
im telling ya man, do that injector. I replaced mine and so far so good, going on 3 days now with the light not coming back on

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #114
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow man this thread scares me. Jay wouldnt you have to go to stock to do any of these TSBs? That is going to be a PITA!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #115
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Sweet
Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #116
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
im telling ya man, do that injector. I replaced mine and so far so good, going on 3 days now with the light not coming back on
I'm trying to look for more signs that it's possibly the injectors. I just don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with these injectors and come to find out that it was only choke mode related. I never had any stall or misfire while driving or anytime after the initial choke mode. We just got rid of the choke mode since I didn't even need it in the first place since I have no cats, so if I still get misfires than I will definitely know it's probably those injectors. I guess I will just go down the line. I already did the coil and plug check and actually replaced the plugs, did the cr check. I would also like to try as GM recommend and clean the top of the engine. I'm going to seafoam the car tomorrow.

So far it's been good tho. No misfire when I first start the car and everything seem normal. So we will just have to see
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #117
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I'm trying to look for more signs that it's possibly the injectors. I just don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with these injectors and come to find out that it was only choke mode related. I never had any stall or misfire while driving or anytime after the initial choke mode. We just got rid of the choke mode since I didn't even need it in the first place since I have no cats, so if I still get misfires than I will definitely know it's probably those injectors. I guess I will just go down the line. I already did the coil and plug check and actually replaced the plugs, did the cr check. I would also like to try as GM recommend and clean the top of the engine. I'm going to seafoam the car tomorrow.

So far it's been good tho. No misfire when I first start the car and everything seem normal. So we will just have to see
sounds like the best way to go, no need to start replacing things yet, if the the problem persists, then its time to throw an LSX in there ...I mean time for new injectors lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #118
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
The good news is nobody will be getting cold start misfires until Dec-Jan.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #119
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
On the Sea Foam, you can induce the fluid (best to be atomized) into the intake tract at most any convenient location. Yea, you can do it at the brake booster.... if you have one. I prefer to use a spray bottle with the sea foam right into the TB. The trick is to get the car running then pull the CAI and keep it revved up so it doesn't stall, spray a little in at the throttle body and pop the cai back on. Spray a bit and let it smoke up. Uh... don't do it indoors... it's pretty smokey! Depending on the engine, it can take several applications to get things all cleaned up.

I'd start with 3 rounds (several good squirts from the spray bottle for each "round") the first time, let it run till it will idle and drive it a few miles gently.

Rinse and repeat... When you get her all cleared out, change the oil out and clean the plugs. You can kinda "preclean" by running a bit in the gas tank (per product direction) before you do the direct application. Sometimes, that enough to do the trick....

Something else I was thinking might effect this is the valve clearances... Have you looked at those at all?
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #120
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
That's some interesting information on that TSB - my neighbor across the street did an upper induction service on my car for free (he's a tech at Lindsay Cadillac) I just brought my vehicle in one day and hung out with him in the shop (which I'm sure is against every rule Cadillac has) while he did the work.

I would recommend using that over Seafoam, the chemicals that the dealership uses (BG) as well as the equipment (they use a pressurized release mechanism that sprays into your TB at a constant rate over ~30 minutes) they use are better. If you don't do the Seafoam correctly you run the risk of locking your motor and throwing a rod.

The service is expensive, but it's a good thing to do if you ever drove your vehicle for any period of time without a catch can. Just have a good dealership do it for you (you can take it to my man Mike Kalman at Koon's Chevrolet in Tyson's Corner, he'll take good care of you tell him Chad G sent you).
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #121
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Wow this explains why the cold start misfire went away when I sprayed mystery oil in the intake.
I always suspected the intakes were sticking and this confirms it.
GM has to have a better solution than just cleaning them as the problem just comes back!
Maybe they just want to get us to the point where our warranty goes away?
I still say they are frustrating us LLT camaro owners...
Their SB is a band aid approach!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #122
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I haven't had misfire issues yet that Jay has encountered. But I wonder what will happen later this year.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #123
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I haven't had misfire issues yet that Jay has encountered. But I wonder what will happen later this year.
Why couldn't the GM cust serv rep on this forum help us with this service bulletin, when I asked I got nothing!
Summer is coming and my warranty will be over.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #124
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I'm going to cean the top today with seafoam and run some through the gas tank too. I will let you guys know how dirty she was only after 20k miles.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #125
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Bemore... Keep us posted.

Some good info here.. http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-u...treatment.html
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #126
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
well this morning was a little colder than its been over the past week. Start my car before I leave for work, go back inside to grab something to drink. Come back out and the check engine light is back on!!! ARGHHHHHHH

Going to see what code it is this time

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote