Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #43
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
In my situation we have a 3 ry old and going to start trying for number two. I would always have to ditch the wife to drive the corvette. In some cases it is okay because she is like jedi and ninja combined at c0ckblocking. Me and my 3yr had a good story going I was a widower and mommy got hit by a bus. In the long run there most weekend the Vette sat home.

I just got tired leaving the fun car at home. My 300c is alright by my Z06 was way funner to drive.

I am not one who like my car to just sit most of the time. I really think the handling of the ZL1 is better than corvette to some extent. the power is no better though. I am like you this car feel no faster than my 08 Z51 LS3 car. It definatly has less than my Z06 had accelartion wise.

All that being said it is just a blast to drive.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #44
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1 View Post
Zl1.........no contest...........vettes arent musclecar cars and dont have the agressive front end stance as per the camaro..........ZL1 is rarer and more collectible
so you are saying my z06 does not look aggressive?

Both are nice cars, but the zL1 will not be rare, they are making them as fast as they can
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #45
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Word

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #46
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
so you are saying my z06 does not look aggressive?

Both are nice cars, but the zL1 will not be rare, they are making them as fast as they can
Nice car!
99firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #47
RJTV6A

Drives: 69 Camaro I6 no prob,11 V6 big prob
Sounds to me like your already talking yourself out of the ZL1. Have you driven a CTSV yet?
RJTV6A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #48
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
I have not driven the CTS-V, but sat in one, and there are no issues with interior whatsoever in that car. However, it is even heavier with a bit less power, and even though it theoretically can, I don't think it would be as good or appropriate as a ZL1 for track duty. If I could afford to have both a GS and CTS-V, now that would be nice. Well, I could do it if I trade-in my SUV, but then I would not have a vehicle left to tow
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #49
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
We have a Grand Sport and my dad is in the same boat you are right now...trying to make the decision to pull the trigger on the '13 ZL1...he has been offered a spot. He just loves his Grand Sport so damned much.

And to answer your question: Yes. I would trade the Grand Sport for the ZL1 in a heartbeat. I am more comfortable in the Camaro though.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #50
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post
In my situation we have a 3 ry old and going to start trying for number two. I would always have to ditch the wife to drive the corvette. In some cases it is okay because she is like jedi and ninja combined at c0ckblocking. Me and my 3yr had a good story going I was a widower and mommy got hit by a bus. In the long run there most weekend the Vette sat home.

I just got tired leaving the fun car at home. My 300c is alright by my Z06 was way funner to drive.

I am not one who like my car to just sit most of the time. I really think the handling of the ZL1 is better than corvette to some extent. the power is no better though. I am like you this car feel no faster than my 08 Z51 LS3 car. It definatly has less than my Z06 had accelartion wise.

All that being said it is just a blast to drive.
wtf
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #51
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
You need to adjust the seat down. I'm 6' 3" and my head is about 4" from the roof. Seat is not at full bottom position too.
Ditto. I'm 6'3 with a sunroof and my head doesn't touch the roof.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #52
NMSS#12

Drives: Neiman Marcus Edition / ZL1
Really Man ,you have to ask that question?
ZL1 all the way. Most of the Vettes I see being driven are 50
something cotton candy haired ladies. God love em all, but really,
get a ZL1 , I love mine, Vettes are cool, ZL1's rule !
NMSS#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #53
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
I'd take the ZL1
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #54
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Ozer, I have been a Vette man the majority of my life and still have a 67. My ZL1 is my first Camaro and I can say that I truly enjoy it more than my Vettes. It has a smoother ride than the Vette and you sit up higher than in a Vette. The Vette will definitely give you better gas mileage and you might want to try getting a baby and car seat in and out of the Camaro to help make your decision.

Quite honestly, as already mentioned to you, a 4 door CTS-V really might be a better choice for you. The ZL1 is sportier but the V is far more comfortable especially with the Recaro cooled seats. If your SUV is going to be your primary baby mover then it won't matter very much if you get another 2 door car. However, getting a baby and seat in and out of a 4 door car is considerably easier compared to a 2 door car.

If the car is going to be shared with the wife, she might like one car more than another as well. I think the speed of the GS and the ZL1 as well as the CTS-V should be within a half second of each other, so not a huge difference. Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #55
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Ozer, I have been a Vette man the majority of my life and still have a 67. My ZL1 is my first Camaro and I can say that I truly enjoy it more than my Vettes. It has a smoother ride than the Vette and you sit up higher than in a Vette. The Vette will definitely give you better gas mileage and you might want to try getting a baby and car seat in and out of the Camaro to help make your decision.

Quite honestly, as already mentioned to you, a 4 door CTS-V really might be a better choice for you. The ZL1 is sportier but the V is far more comfortable especially with the Recaro cooled seats. If your SUV is going to be your primary baby mover then it won't matter very much if you get another 2 door car. However, getting a baby and seat in and out of a 4 door car is considerably easier compared to a 2 door car.

If the car is going to be shared with the wife, she might like one car more than another as well. I think the speed of the GS and the ZL1 as well as the CTS-V should be within a half second of each other, so not a huge difference. Good luck with your decision.
ALL right on!

One thing .... There is only ONE Camaro ZL1!!! Line em all up next to each other. Which one makes you WANT to be in it the most?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #56
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....go with what your heart tells you, and what pleases your eye and innermost self. Don't let metrics get in the way.