Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Looking at the link, it looks like the car was built for Line-X. They probably just want to show what you can do.

I do agree, it is ugly.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
So you wouldnt take the Rascle Flatts Camaro they built?? This isnt pimp my ride anymore. WCC does some serious projects and a couple of firsts for the industry. First to Chrome multiple cars including the R8, using older bodies on modern frames, making a 4 door Mercedes into a pretty awesome 2 door. . they are no scrubs Ill say that much. Also, a lot of their builds are for different companies to show off and arent meant for daily driving.
Honestly, I really have never seen that car before you brought it to my attention b/c I find what they do gaudy and overwrought.

Now that you ask though, that car is exactly what I was talking about? I would rather drive a stock Chevy Cruze than be seen even looking at that thing. That car isn't close to what an automobile enthusiast would be interested in whatsoever. Call me "old fashioned" if you will, but just b/c you can "chrome" an entire body doesn't mean you should, nor does it automatically make a better car.

Doing T- Tops doesn't make a shop cutting edge just b/c no one else is doing it, as your own post says, their cars aren't meant to be a daily driver b/c they probably aren't even roadworthy. Maybe the modern art community would appreciate something like that, but all you'll get from the auto enthusiast crowd are unbelieving looks, head shakes and chuckles. Different tastes may appreciate that, even respect it, so please understand I'm not saying anything negative about you. Rather, I'm suggesting that if you ask most people that show up at Saturday morning car shows, a clear majority would either not know anything about WCC or outright dismiss their cars as made for t.v junk.

Chip Foose, on the other hand? He's respected and loved in that community.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #31
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Honestly, I really have never seen that car before you brought it to my attention b/c I find what they do gaudy and overwrought.

Now that you ask though, that car is exactly what I was talking about? I would rather drive a stock Chevy Cruze than be seen even looking at that thing. That car isn't close to what an automobile enthusiast would be interested in whatsoever. Call me "old fashioned" if you will, but just b/c you can "chrome" an entire body doesn't mean you should, nor does it automatically make a better car.

Doing T- Tops doesn't make a shop cutting edge just b/c no one else is doing it, as your own post says, their cars aren't meant to be a daily driver b/c they probably aren't even roadworthy. Maybe the modern art community would appreciate something like that, but all you'll get from the auto enthusiast crowd are unbelieving looks, head shakes and chuckles. Different tastes may appreciate that, even respect it, so please understand I'm not saying anything negative about you. Rather, I'm suggesting that if you ask most people that show up at Saturday morning car shows, a clear majority would either not know anything about WCC or outright dismiss their cars as made for t.v junk.

Chip Foose, on the other hand? He's respected and loved in that community.
Chip Foose is KING theres no question. The only thing gawdy about the Rascle Flatts camaro is the emblem on the grille. Otherwise the paint scheme is clean, stripes are clean (same as yours it looks like), nothing over the top. All new exhaust with a custom three pronged tip, a Harrop super charger, HRE wheels and Pedders suspension. What car enthusiast wouldnt like that?
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Is it me or should the have matched the blue on the rims to the rally stripes? Looks sloppy on that note.
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
More proof that WCC are a bunch of clueless hacks. These guys specialize in building overpriced crap that no enthusiast would ever touch but b/c of the tv exposure and equally clueless celebrity clients, people believe their stuff is world class. It's not, it's just shiny junk like the motorcycles OCC builds.

I wouldn't allow WCC (or OCC for that matter) put on my tags.
This may help.. this car was built for the Line-X company as a type of advertisement. They didn't decide to just randomly Line-X a Camaro for a client or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
Is it me or should the have matched the blue on the rims to the rally stripes? Looks sloppy on that note.
I'm pretty sure they are the same color, it's the stripes are in the sun.
On their page it has an animated image of them painting the wheels blue with this stuff.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I saw it at SEMA and it is horrible. Who ever came up with that idea needs to be Line-X'ed them self
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Wonder why they left the splitter alone, they should of line-X'ed it or maybe painted it blue...kinda looks odd on the car
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #36
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Blaaaaah!!!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #37
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
It's not horrible.....WCC has made stuff much worse before. That Camaro is screwed for life though with that Line-X on the body. I'm not a fan of the wheels too.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Finally a Camaro you can drive to Walmart!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #39
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
Finally a Camaro you can drive to Walmart!
No door dings—that's for sure!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #41
NMSS#12

Drives: Neiman Marcus Edition / ZL1
I never really get most of the designs that WCC has done or come up with over the years. I hope they evolve sure but they seem to , we'll, actually be in reverse. That being aside that camaro needs a gallon of gas with a match chaser! Tragic ...
NMSS#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote