Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #127
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
well i bought a v6 because I was only 17 and I wanted a camaro. I had more than half the money but I think mine is better because if it wasnt for my grandfathers help, I would of never gotten this car and I would be driving a colbalt. So mine is a great memorabilia from someone I inspire to be. Thats why I feel my car is better than anyones out there. v8, v10, etc...

People need to stop debating everything. at the end of the day a v8 and v6 camaro is still a CAMARO regardless. Muscle car or not, who cares. No one these days will ever be satisfied because as human we always want more.

so my last thought that I have noticed....

1. V8 people that try to act like they are superior to all v6's and less.... you are just trying to tell yourself that your better to make you feel cool. but in reality no one cares

2. v6 people trying to say a v8 isnt that good is just justifying themselves of their purchase and is equally as ignorant as a v8 person trying to bash everyone

3. at the end of the day we have camaros and should be proud. there are people who cant even afford homes or food but we can afford a great car that turns eyes... whether v6 or v8.

my rant is complete. bye
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #128
65TIMM

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
well i bought a v6 because I was only 17 and I wanted a camaro. I had more than half the money but I think mine is better because if it wasnt for my grandfathers help, I would of never gotten this car and I would be driving a colbalt. So mine is a great memorabilia from someone I inspire to be. Thats why I feel my car is better than anyones out there. v8, v10, etc...

People need to stop debating everything. at the end of the day a v8 and v6 camaro is still a CAMARO regardless. Muscle car or not, who cares. No one these days will ever be satisfied because as human we always want more.

so my last thought that I have noticed....

1. V8 people that try to act like they are superior to all v6's and less.... you are just trying to tell yourself that your better to make you feel cool. but in reality no one cares

2. v6 people trying to say a v8 isnt that good is just justifying themselves of their purchase and is equally as ignorant as a v8 person trying to bash everyone

3. at the end of the day we have camaros and should be proud. there are people who cant even afford homes or food but we can afford a great car that turns eyes... whether v6 or v8.

my rant is complete. bye
65TIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #129
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Has anyone ever traded an SS for a V6? Just wondering, as I see it going the other way a lot but figure there has to be someone who went the other way.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #130
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
yeah some have because they do a lot of driving and for cost benefits
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #131
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Has anyone ever traded an SS for a V6? Just wondering, as I see it going the other way a lot but figure there has to be someone who went the other way.
Only a fool!!

DISCLAIMER
Now, I'm just kidding.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #132
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Thank you for the input, E.T. And yes, I did almost floor it 2 different times. Definitely noticed more pull than my V6, but didn't seem crazy for some reason...
I rented an SS and I felt the same way. It was insane power but I kept thinking "That's it? This is what they hype is about?? Um. Weee?"

But from folks here, the A6 is kinda dog-ish.

Also the dealer may have placed in 87 octane gas. More importantly, the original owner may have not taken care of the car that well. Maintenance plays a big part in performance.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #133
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I rented an SS and I felt the same way. It was insane power but I kept thinking "That's it? This is what they hype is about?? Um. Weee?"

But from folks here, the A6 is kinda dog-ish.

Also the dealer may have placed in 87 octane gas. More importantly, the original owner may have not taken care of the car that well. Maintenance plays a big part in performance.
Perhaps thats a big problem with reviews. The Camaro seems to be to finiky for the average guy wanting to buy a fast sweet car. Ends up with Stang. No fuse pull no BS just change the oil and go fast. Probably something for GM to work on. Also of note If a chevy dealer is selling a chevy car the best dam well put the right fuel in it or maybe they shouldnt be selling the car. They are not doing chevy any favors and are sending people to the ford dealer if as you all say it matters that much.

Now I don't mean to start anything but I will do my scheduled oil changes and run reg fuel and the v6 runs. Thats it and imo that's how a car in 2013 should be.
serialmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #134
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
went from a 2lt to a 2ss/1le. love it. same cost but for a longer period. insurance went yo $27 a year. gas... well.. i do love the sound of a v8. good luck with your choice!

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #135
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Thank you for all the replies, everybody! Unfortunately, there were a few arguments, but people are passionate about the V8's and V6's alike, so that stuff just happens. As several of you mentioned, we all lover our Camaros, regardless of the engine, and I think that's very awesome.

As Rocky1974 pointed out, I only test drove the beat up SS. After seeing the cosmetics and the tires, I immediately decided I wasn't buying that one. I'm way too anal retentive about my Camaro to buy one that's been scratched up. So the $650 price I was quoted was for a NEW 1SS/RS.

So as we stand today, I'm still a V6 owner. My sales guy told me the bank wasn't happy about the negative equity I had on my V6, so they didn't want to approve the loan. When I bought my Camaro last time, they didn't try real hard to get me into the car either, so I guess it's sort of the same thing here. I had to really fight to get my Camaro, and obviously, I'd have to fight to get the SS if I decide to get it. But for now, I guess I'm just going to wait it out. Maybe something will come along that I can't refuse, but for now, I'm very happy with my 1LT/RS. It's my daily driver, so the gas mileage is good enough, and it definitely turns a lot of heads and gets tons of compliments. I'm very thankful to have it. I'd love to own an SS, but I'm guessing it's just not meant to be right now. I'm fine with that.

Thanks again for everybody's input. Seeing that the cost of ownership isn't through the roof, I definitely won't be scared to pull the trigger on an SS if the right deal comes around.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #136
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEL View Post
Thank you for all the replies, everybody! Unfortunately, there were a few arguments, but people are passionate about the V8's and V6's alike, so that stuff just happens. As several of you mentioned, we all lover our Camaros, regardless of the engine, and I think that's very awesome.

As Rocky1974 pointed out, I only test drove the beat up SS. After seeing the cosmetics and the tires, I immediately decided I wasn't buying that one. I'm way too anal retentive about my Camaro to buy one that's been scratched up. So the $650 price I was quoted was for a NEW 1SS/RS.

So as we stand today, I'm still a V6 owner. My sales guy told me the bank wasn't happy about the negative equity I had on my V6, so they didn't want to approve the loan. When I bought my Camaro last time, they didn't try real hard to get me into the car either, so I guess it's sort of the same thing here. I had to really fight to get my Camaro, and obviously, I'd have to fight to get the SS if I decide to get it. But for now, I guess I'm just going to wait it out. Maybe something will come along that I can't refuse, but for now, I'm very happy with my 1LT/RS. It's my daily driver, so the gas mileage is good enough, and it definitely turns a lot of heads and gets tons of compliments. I'm very thankful to have it. I'd love to own an SS, but I'm guessing it's just not meant to be right now. I'm fine with that.

Thanks again for everybody's input. Seeing that the cost of ownership isn't through the roof, I definitely won't be scared to pull the trigger on an SS if the right deal comes around.
Good luck on whatever you do!!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #137
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Nothing wrong with the V6. Test drove one and it had enough go. Damn thing has 2 less horse than the base 396 did.