Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #71
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
If a Honda civic wants to race you they don't care if your a V6, an SS, a ZL1, or another sedan. They will try a race you. Only idiots street race.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #72
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I have never had anyone try to "mess" with me on the road and I don't think they think twice about my ZL1 mods or believe it is a ZL1. The car says RS on the rear and front. If you are too stupid to think my car is a ZL1 then you are the embarrassment.

Edit: because I keep on hitting the send button instead of edit.
If you are rolling down the road and see a ZL1 looking camaro, you dont just assume its fake and have to look for emblems. You think ok well have some fun, and when that car pulls you hard then I wouldnt like that feeling. Heck I'm totally for the ZL1 conversion, most likely going to for my moms car even, just personally most of what I do cruising on late nights fri/sat its dark and I would hate to have people want to race me when they think you have ZL1 power when you dont. IMO you can't beat the ZL1 front end and anyone that wants to do it should.

Quote:
If a Honda civic wants to race you they don't care if your a V6, an SS, a ZL1, or another sedan. They will try a race you. Only idiots street race.
Not to point out a blaring generalization but you are doing exactly what you were complaining about in the first place. Let take this thread back to regularly scheduled programming, because apparently no one on this forum has ever given their sports car a bit of throttle near another one on the road, guess were a forum full of idiots.

Again OP, she looks great and congrats on the front end upgrade, looks great in yellow!
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #73
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
If you are rolling down the road and see a ZL1 looking camaro, you dont just assume its fake and have to look for emblems. You think ok well have some fun, and when that car pulls you hard then I wouldnt like that feeling. Heck I'm totally for the ZL1 conversion, most likely going to for my moms car even, just personally most of what I do cruising on late nights fri/sat its dark and I would hate to have people want to race me when they think you have ZL1 power when you dont. IMO you can't beat the ZL1 front end and anyone that wants to do it should.

Why does it matter? I know what is under my hood and my car is my baby.

Like I said before street racing is dumb.

I had this bumper on my car for over an year now and the only people who give me issues are people on this forum. I have never had anyone think my car was a ZL1 and if they have then that is just pure funny.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #74
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #75
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Quote:
Why does it matter? I know what is under my hood and my car is my baby.

Like I said before street racing is dumb.

I had this bumper on my car for over an year now and the only people who give me issues are people on this forum. I have never had anyone think my car was a ZL1 and if they have then that is just pure funny.
And you are so hyped up that you completely missed the fact I was for people with ZL1 conversion, never once have said I am against your conv or anyone else's, purely stating other factors of putting things on your car that represent another. Maybe take a few minutes and step back from the keyboard and calm down cause sounds like you need it. Back to our regularly scheduled programming. OP very nice setup!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #76
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
If someone challenges you to a street race because of your ZL1 front, all you need to do is look over and act like you are evaluating their car, then laugh and shake your head no... They will never know then and nobody will be embarrassed. Heck I did that a lot when I had my 2010 Camaro when idiots in Hondas and Subarus and Mustangs would do that. It usually pissed them off and when the light turned green they would show what an ass they were. And my 2010 was a completely stock V6.
The only things I liked about the ZL1 was the hood insert and the grille. So that is all I have done. I also put 1LT emblems on and 323HP emblems on it. No posing here. I have added the MRT V2 exhaust and the VMax ported Throttle body. So it does not sound stock. But guess what, I never get anyone wanting to race any more.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #77
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
This thread became laughable after the first 7 post. No wonder the world is in such a mess.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #78
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
This thread is over the top!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #79
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Edited. Were all good now When heated arguements go bad.

Last edited by MichiganSRT; 09-12-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #80
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Public apology to MichiganSRT. I am sorry, I am a dumbazz. Please forgive me
Old 09-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #81
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
^^ If you don't like him just use the ignore list feature like I'm about to do with you.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #82
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
Looks awesome! Big improvement over stock.
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs

Last edited by nikeair042; 09-12-2013 at 12:21 PM.
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #83
nikeair042
VENOM

Drives: Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT View Post
not gunna lie pretty hilarious how butt hurt people get about people with lt/ss installing ZL1 bumpers, badge or not. You aren't going to the one who is embarrassed when your car which looks like a ZL1 but isn't gets smoked by a civic. Whoever is that annoyed by it needs to reevaluate their priorities because it is quite funny actually. Same thing happens with my SRT, happens all the time and I have no problem with it cause after all they are not the same inside which is what really counts. Personally I woudn't do a fascia upgrade until I had the same power or more than the exterior you are trying to replicate. People are going to try to mess with you on the road when they see that front end and when you don't have the power to back it up, that would be just too embarrassing for me, just another thing to think about with the fascia upgrade.
99.9% of people on the road won't know a ZL1 from an SS from a RS. Look around on the road, majority of cars are just daily driver, get around cars. I doubt anyone in a Prius looks over and says "Wow thats a ZL1 Camaro!" I don't think he was trying to replicate a ZL1, he just likes the front bumper. Now if he did the whole package, wheels, hood, bumper, badges, interior, then yea I'd say a person is trying to replicate.

I highly doubt anyone is going to try and race someone because of their bumper. I have a GXP rear diffuser, no one has ever tried to race me thinking it was a GXP. I know people who painted their hood like the Firehawks. No one thinks it's actually a Firehawk, just a custom painted hood.

It seems like you think the majority of daily drivers know more about cars then they really do. People sometimes ask me if my car is a G6 because they are stupid.
Appearance Mods: Red painted calipers, 20% Rear Tint, 35% Side Tint, front side marker tint, G8 GT Visor decals, V8 Badge, L76 oil cap, Roto-Fab Radiator cover, G8 GT Badge, shorty antenna, CF intake tube, CF plenum cover, GXP rear diffuser, red/black shifter, SLP black spoiler, gloss black roof
Performance Mods: Roto-Fab intake, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, hood-vent mod, VMS Tune, 160*, SLP LT headers, Camaro brembo's and rotors, BMR suspension parts, Eibach springs
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #84
Bk7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LS
Do whatever you want with your car. It's YOUR car! And it looks great! Don't listen to some of the Camaro Police on here.
Bk7 is offline   Reply With Quote