Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 10-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Silver bully

Drives: 2011 Silver 2Lt
Trans am for daily driver?

Hey guys ive recently found an 02 trans am nhra edition for sell. The car has 113,000 miles on it and it is also a 6 speed, It also has some mods to it like an exhaust, corvette rims and drilled rotors and that's it as far as I can tell. I didn't get a chance to drive it but i did hear it fire up and idle for a few mins and let me tell you it was loud and it sounded good! Im just concerned about the mods I don't wanna buy it and have it break on me in a few days. So I was looking for some input from you guys since their is some very knowledgeable people on this forum about f-bodys would this car make a good daily driver or should I look into another trans am? Thanks!
Silver bully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well I had a 94 and I daily drove mine till 2005 when it went under water. I am going to assume that this car has a LS1 engine since it is a NHRA edition. As long as the previous owner changed the oil regularly they are pretty much bullet proof.

I had 150k on mine (LT1) and it ran like a top. Find out what mods it has and go from there.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I daily drive my SS and its definitely fun. But I do wish every now and then depending on how traffic is around u, that I had an auto, and a not so loud exhaust, and smoother ride, and more comfy but I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest! I do plan on changing my catback soon because leaving at 430am 3 times a weak with my exhust, im sure isn't making the neighbors to happy.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Silver bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Well I had a 94 and I daily drove mine till 2005 when it went under water. I am going to assume that this car has a LS1 engine since it is a NHRA edition. As long as the previous owner changed the oil regularly they are pretty much bullet proof.

I had 150k on mine (LT1) and it ran like a top. Find out what mods it has and go from there.
Yes it does have a ls1 in it and I'll definitely find out what is done to it im hoping the engine hasnt been too modified.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
Silver bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
I daily drive my SS and its definitely fun. But I do wish every now and then depending on how traffic is around u, that I had an auto, and a not so loud exhaust, and smoother ride, and more comfy but I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest! I do plan on changing my catback soon because leaving at 430am 3 times a weak with my exhust, im sure isn't making the neighbors to happy.
Good to hear you enjoy daily driving your SS. I plan on driving it to work and on that road to my job their aint much traffic besides 18 wheelers and your typical oil field traffic. My buddy daily drives his 01 ws6 and he said he loves it but his is pretty much brand new he picked his up last year with about 24,000 miles on it and it was bone stock! Thanks for your input!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
73camarolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bully View Post
Good to hear you enjoy daily driving your SS. I plan on driving it to work and on that road to my job their aint much traffic besides 18 wheelers and your typical oil field traffic. My buddy daily drives his 01 ws6 and he said he loves it but his is pretty much brand new he picked his up last year with about 24,000 miles on it and it was bone stock! Thanks for your input!
I picked mine up bone stock with 46k miles. If u keep it stock, maybe change the shocks out and just a catback it would be great, but with the headers it really is loud. Do I love it? hell ya. But im also 18 so I handle that kind of noise and rough ride while some people cant.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
Silver bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
I picked mine up bone stock with 46k miles. If u keep it stock, maybe change the shocks out and just a catback it would be great, but with the headers it really is loud. Do I love it? hell ya. But im also 18 so I handle that kind of noise and rough ride while some people cant.
Well to me the louder the better! Hahaha. The thing is this trans am already has a loud exhaust its not stock im really not sure whats all done to it. I am going to look at it again and actually drive it this time see if I hear any weird noises and see how the clutch feels, I'll also look under the car cause ive herd that they leak from the rear end and I'll make a decision on what to do. Hopefully its all good cause ive always wanted to own a trans am!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
73camarolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bully View Post
Well to me the louder the better! Hahaha. The thing is this trans am already has a loud exhaust its not stock im really not sure whats all done to it. I am going to look at it again and actually drive it this time see if I hear any weird noises and see how the clutch feels, I'll also look under the car cause ive herd that they leak from the rear end and I'll make a decision on what to do. Hopefully its all good cause ive always wanted to own a trans am!
haha good luck! These are great cars, it will probably be faster then your 5th gen. How my car sits im sure it would give a 5th gen SS a run for its money.