Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #141
B - GodZ

Drives: 2LT Acqua Blue Metallic
Pictures and ABL will seal the deal for me
B - GodZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #142
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
carbon fiber

What is your web site or how do I contact you to buy a kit?
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #143
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
What is your web site or how do I contact you to buy a kit?
FESLER Camaro Store
Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #144
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
I think the panels look awesome and I can't wait to see the ABL compatible panels installed.

Just wanted to point out something, however. On the dash panels, the second pic y'all have posted on the website looks like there's an imperfection in the graphic. I've circled it in blue in the photo I attached. Just want to make sure y'all are aware of this
Attached Images

CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #145
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Fesler, I know I asked about the restitching. But, now I'm more interested in that center console in the hydro carbon fiber to match the speedo.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #146
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Any chance of getting a pic of the orange/black carbonfiber?

Also any pics of an install yet?

Thanks
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #147
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesler View Post
We just finished our new Hydro Carbon Fiber interior kit for the 2010 Camaros. what do you guys think

Door inserts

Gauge trim bezel

HEY REALLY COOL STUFF DO U GOT TAILLIGHT PIECES IN STOCK
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #148
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
[QUOTE=2L8IWON;777392]I (and I'm sure many others) would love to see a pic!!! This has been the biggest area of concern for me for my awaited SS. The round exhaust tips in the GFX chrome boxes "don't do justice at all". I can't figure out what to do. I figured it would look better without the round tips or at least with black tips so not so obvious, but I would have to think taking the tips off could cause heating areas before the chrome and around plastic, etc. In other words, I would be afraid that having those tips off long-term would create some repercussions. MBRP makes some rectangled tips which fit, but they still don't do justice. My next route would be to have someone weld sheet metal between the exhaust pipe and the chrome rectangles to join them so that when you look in from behind you are really looking into the exhaust pipe itself.

ive had my gfx on for about two months..drive it every single day all day. when the car turns off i havent noticed the chrome boxes being hot, actually i dont even think they are hot to the touch after driving. the pics with the stripes were taken about a month and a half after i installed the gfx and as you can see, no melting or anything at all..i dont have any protection what so ever and nothing is wrong at all with my gfx. the only negative thing about the whole deal is that the exhaust is just short of of metal squares..meaning from tip of exhaust to outside of the gfx there is about a 1 to 2 inch gap..when you drive the car the moisture from the exhaust and the carbon build up leave a small patch of black residue that is very easy to remove.you can just run your finger over it and its gone..let me see if i can find the pic of it. ok heres a few pics at different angles and even one with the chrome tailpipe rings before i lost one of em. like i said in my opinion i like them way more with the rings off. to me with the rings on it just looks like there is too much going on making it look tacky to me. but thats my opinion. they didnt look that bad at all, would have looked even better if the rings were cut at an angle to match the exhaust ends.
Attached Images

Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #149
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
You really have green stripes?

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #150
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

yeah those are well after and before pictures.why??? i have a thread of all the things i do to my car with pics and descriptions..i think its entitled "my simple black camaro lt customized a bit" if im not mistaken
Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #151
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
The pic without the tips is so much higher. Still hard to see. Wish it were an angle just like the pic with the tips. I'm getting too damn picky here I know. I feel exactly like you do about the tacky round tips inside the squares. On the other hand, I think I've been looking at them so long that now that I look at your pic with the green stripes, my mind tries to figure out where the tips are even though I know they aren't there. I'm probably unconsciously telling myself that I don't want to have to worry about occasionally wiping the pollution off from underneath and I have fears of my kids falling asleep in the back seat and never waking up while I'm idling at a lot of lights or talking to someone. I know that's retarded, but I look at them they way I wanted them without the tips and now feel like the tips are supposed to be there. Heck, I think I just need to get mine cause all I'm going by is pics. But you're right, that gap would concern me which is why I have thought about black exhaust pics too and cut off just barely past the inside point. Who knows, that might look just as tacky. This is a tough one man and way off subject from the thread. Sorry guys!

I'm still waiting for install pics for the Hydro Carbon Fiber pieces here.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 AM   #152
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Looks great! Thanks for the pics! yeah, I'm sure you can't notice those small gaps between the pipe and the square, even from a lower view in daylight.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #153
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BRAD View Post
HEY REALLY COOL STUFF DO U GOT TAILLIGHT PIECES IN STOCK
Hey Bad Brad, you heard anything about the four guage cluster pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
yeah those are well after and before pictures.why??? i have a thread of all the things i do to my car with pics and descriptions..i think its entitled "my simple black camaro lt customized a bit" if im not mistaken
I'm not jealous anymore. My rides at the dealers, my rides at the dealers. Everybody sing along.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #154
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

the gap is no concern at all..you can not smell any exhaust..there seriously is no way that exhaust gas can build up that much from the gfx..ill take some better pics of it for you. the gap is nothing like i made it seem so dont get worried.the air from the exhaust seriously blows right over the squares..sorry for making it sound way more dramtic than it seems. and the gfx isnt closed in either its completely open underneath so no way in the world would your kids be at risk. the reason you cant see the exhaust from the after pic even though it is up higher is cause you really just cant see them..if you look very very hard and lighten up the screen you can actually see the tips sticking right up there. but those squares would look great in carbon fiber if your into carbon fiber. and i know they wouldnt melt cause i have metal there and metal conducts heat way more than carbon fiber and i can touch the metal without getting burned after driving my car all day.