Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
golfaholic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Camaro
Few new mods (fogs, Sparks, trim)

Had this finished for a little bit and figured I'd upload to see what people think. I added Spark's Restoration emblems front and rear in black. Added an RS emblem on deck lid (painted it black as well). Updated to LED fogs. Also made a couple of trim accent pieces for the grill that I made out of aluminum, wet sanded and polished them.

Upcoming Mods: Custom Grill and Badging
golfaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I like it except for the RS emblem. Just seems repetitive, and most people who don't know enough about Camaros will think you don't know if you have a V8 or not. I have neither an RS or SS and people constantly ask which of the two it is. Answering neither always seems to confuse them, and I'm sure answering that it is an SS/RS would confuse them even more
Even if all three badges said SS I'd think it was too much for the trunklid area. just my two cents
nice work on the grille
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I am a big fan of SGM. I seem to like it more and more as time goes on. The custom aluminum on the grill looks great. A really good way to make it unique.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
golfaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I like it except for the RS emblem. Just seems repetitive, and most people who don't know enough about Camaros will think you don't know if you have a V8 or not. I have neither an RS or SS and people constantly ask which of the two it is. Answering neither always seems to confuse them, and I'm sure answering that it is an SS/RS would confuse them even more
Even if all three badges said SS I'd think it was too much for the trunklid area. just my two cents
nice work on the grille
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I'll be honest the RS emblem is the one thing I'm on the fence about. I was going to roll with it for a little bit and see if it grows on me, otherwise it's quick to remove and didn't cost much in the first place.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #5
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Hey cool, your pretty local to me.

The front grill looks good, its unique with those pieces.
I would also ditch the RS emblem, like the other person said its just too much going on back there with all the lettering.

Great looking car though!

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
eviltech72

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS package
Dump the RS badge. I like the grill , who makes it? What's it called?
Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
eviltech72

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS package
Never mind I read you made the grill, nice work.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #8
golfaholic

It's just the stock grill, I bought some aluminum strips from Lowes, cut them to size, ground the bullet shape in the ends and then wet sanded, and wet sanded, and wet sanded, etc before polishing them and attaching them with 3M emblem tape.

I had originally hoped to do a heavily modified ZL1 grill for it, but after months of messing with it, I just couldn't get it the way I wanted and abandoned the idea. FYI, they say the ZL1 grill is ABS plastic, but it is most definitely not.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
Had this finished for a little bit and figured I'd upload to see what people think. I added Spark's Restoration emblems front and rear in black. Added an RS emblem on deck lid (painted it black as well). Updated to LED fogs. Also made a couple of trim accent pieces for the grill that I made out of aluminum, wet sanded and polished them.
What everyone else said about the badging. I love the grill though. It's got just enough in-your-face to be badass and just enough subtle to be like "hmm, who makes that?" Then of course you can say you did which is the best part.

What halos are they?
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
golfaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
What everyone else said about the badging. I love the grill though. It's got just enough in-your-face to be badass and just enough subtle to be like "hmm, who makes that?" Then of course you can say you did which is the best part.

What halos are they?
Thanks, yeah the badging seems pretty much unanimous. The halos are just the factory ones that came with the RS package. The fogs I got from gen5diy.com with the DRL harness (really easy install).
Old 10-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
Thanks, yeah the badging seems pretty much unanimous. The halos are just the factory ones that came with the RS package. The fogs I got from gen5diy.com with the DRL harness (really easy install).
Thanks man. Bitchin' Camaro btw.
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote