Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you support a signed litho auction for charity?
Yes 57 83.82%
No 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
HALFFAST

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
anything that can help make a wish come true for a dying child is a great idea no matter if the person who ends up with it deserves it or not.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_FL View Post
the first thing i would have done would have been to email Mike and the admins with your idea before mentioning anything on the forum. just my 2 cents.
Hindsight is 20/20. I probably should have contacted them, but I just wanted to see if members would be interested in anything like this. I figured if people aren't then there would be no reason to bother Mike and the admins and waste their time.

Thank you for your support.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #17
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanHfuda View Post
if this were to happen, i propose 10 - 20 dollars per ticket/entry and anyone can enter as many times as they want. resulting in more money and still leaving the final choice to chance
Yes! I was thinking that if we did it, tickets would have to be somewhere around there. If they were $15 each, then we could raise $6,000 be selling only 400 tickets. With the size of C5Fest, and the diehard nature of our members, I think that's a pretty achievable goal
Old 05-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
>> Make A Wish Foundation
An organization I have been supporting for many years, one of the very best.

If I can help in any way, feel free to contact me.

Great idea, please C5, let's get behind it, it's worthy.
thanks!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Whoops I voted! I am lucky enough to recieve a signed litho from Mike, Camaro #4920 litho #65. Sorry about that.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #20
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Whoops I voted! I am lucky enough to recieve a signed litho from Mike, Camaro #4920 litho #65. Sorry about that.
Congrats on receiving one! want another for a good cause?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #21
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
500 reads and 42 votes.

I think the reason for the hesitation on voting is:
  • What does Mike say about this? Yes, I know... you want to have plenty of people in favour of this so he can't say no (), but still... has he even been asked about this? Positive peer pressure is one thing, but common courtesy would dictate that he be consulted before a "community vote". Is he only doing lithos for 2010 Camaros... or is he doing them for every year the Gen5 Camaro is made? Is this a special request? If so, it would be great to include that in the promo.
  • What does the staff of Camaro5.com think about this? Do you want them to handle this at the next C5 Fest, next year? If so, how are they going to handle this?
  • Who is going to handle the money? Cost? What procedures are in place to make sure the money is handled ethically? Who's accountable to make sure this is handled legally?
  • Which charity is going to benefit from this? Does the auction comply with their fundraising policies? More than one charity has had to turn away "good intention" donations due to lack of compliance to their fundraising bylaws. For instance, the Canadian Make-A-Wish Foundation won't accept online donations from anyone under 18 years of age.
Soooo, awesome idea. However, some questions need to be answered before continuing:
1) Check with Mike
2) Check with C5 staff
3) then... given the go-ahead... approach the C5 community.

If you've got #1 and #2, I have no doubt you'll have hundreds of positive votes. Until then this is all pure speculation, and will remain so until #1 and #2 are looked after.

And no, this isn't meant as a downer... it's a reality check. You've got a great idea, but haven't provided any assurances of how it's going to be carried out. Yes, you want feedback on if it's a good idea. Cool. Yes, everyone agrees raising money for charity is a great idea... now make it happen by assuring that it will happen.

Best of luck!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #22
emin7
1st State C5

Thanks. I'm going to PM mike today to get his input
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I think this is something that should go through Chevrolet's marketing dept. Maybe contact Scott or Cheryl and see what they say since at this point it's becoming an official item that's involving a transaction and money.

Mike did those on his own inspiration and enthusiasm and he literally went around on his breaks and lunches getting signatures from people who took the time from THEIR breaks and lunches to sign them. I think that's why these are so special; they're genuine, from-the-heart, unsolicited. They were not "official", sponsored, Mike didn't get paid to do them nor was any money involved.

Making an "official" one that IS going to have money involved changes it completely; even if it's for a good cause. I recommend contacting Scott, Cheryl, and/or Chevrolet Marketing and let them decide if they want to do this. If they DO decide, they would be able to do things Mike simply couldn't; like get the design team's signatures, exec's signatures, etc.

Good idea, just contact the right people/departments and get the proper approvals.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #24
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I think this is something that should go through Chevrolet's marketing dept. Maybe contact Scott or Cheryl and see what they say since at this point it's becoming an official item that's involving a transaction and money.

Mike did those on his own inspiration and enthusiasm and he literally went around on his breaks and lunches getting signatures from people who took the time from THEIR breaks and lunches to sign them. I think that's why these are so special; they're genuine, from-the-heart, unsolicited. They were not "official", sponsored, Mike didn't get paid to do them nor was any money involved.

Making an "official" one that IS going to have money involved changes it completely; even if it's for a good cause. I recommend contacting Scott, Cheryl, and/or Chevrolet Marketing and let them decide if they want to do this. If they DO decide, they would be able to do things Mike simply couldn't; like get the design team's signatures, exec's signatures, etc.

Good idea, just contact the right people/departments and get the proper approvals.
Thanks, this is going to prove to be more difficult than originally thought. I'll see what Mike and Scott both have to say about this.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #25
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
This should only happen if Mike approves. The lithos are Mike's project.

I'd also want to know which charity before I'll vote or participate.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #26
emin7
1st State C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
This should only happen if Mike approves. The lithos are Mike's project.

I'd also want to know which charity before I'll vote or participate.
I have sent a PM to Mike. Also, I suggested the "Make A Wish" Foundation in the original post. I'll let you guys know what Mike says. He's an awesome guy, and I hope he approves, but I can understand if he wants to keep money completely out of the Litho project that he started out of love for the Camaro
Old 05-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #27
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Chevrolet marketing has nothing to do with this, if he wants to do it on this site.
If the auction is done on camaro5 or at a camaro5 event, it has to go through the admin first.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Chevrolet marketing has nothing to do with this, if he wants to do it on this site.
If the auction is done on camaro5 or at a camaro5 event, it has to go through the admin first.
Of course the C5 owners need to be contacted; that's part of the "contact the proper" people I was referring to. But if you're going to ask a GM employee on GM property to contact other GM employees on GM property and do this during work shifts, even if it's on breaks or lunches, and people are going to pay money for this, then all I'm saying is it would be a good idea to make sure it's okay with the folks at GM.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote