Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #71
ohhhrick

Drives: 2007 malibu,69 z28 clone
IMO the form of the interior doesn't need to change. But the material representation of this car tend toward machined steel or stainless steel wrapped in leather. Now we can't have these materials obviously but we could have good representations of them. The idea would be to set what spartan detail there is off in a profound way. And bring back detail like the way the seat belt plugged into the console on the 69. utilitarian details like this are the caracter of the car.
ohhhrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #72
Ambitious09

Drives: 07 Cobalt LT/2008 Ram SXT
Buying a car is a big commitment if you're going to spend 20 to upper 30k on a car you better like what you buy.

That's a big reason why I was holding off on buying, broke in and tried to buy one but had no credit even with half the money down. I just rented a 2011 ford Taurus SEL while I was in florida and aside from liking how it drove I liked the interior alot better than the camaro.

The camaro interior just leaves more to be desired IMO. I'm going to wait and see what it looks like and then if I don't like it I'll buy a 10 or 11 and do my own changes.
Ambitious09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #73
ohhhrick

Drives: 2007 malibu,69 z28 clone
the steering wheel has to change thou it looks like it came out of a mercury montego
ohhhrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #74
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
i have the first order for 2011 at my dealer in south eastern Ontario. i put my money down over 2 months ago and i have an order number. i am going to cancel my 2011 order tomorrow. i REALLY dont like the current interior. i am happy to wait for a possibility better fit! i am very excited!!
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #75
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Thats kinda B.S.... We were the first to buy them now more upgrades/quality is gonna be incorporated into next years? Well, live and learn I guess
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #76
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Iroquois View Post
i have the first order for 2011 at my dealer in south eastern Ontario. i put my money down over 2 months ago and i have an order number. i am going to cancel my 2011 order tomorrow. i REALLY dont like the current interior. i am happy to wait for a possibility better fit! i am very excited!!
I'd only ask this...is the possibility minor change really worth waiting a whole year more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
Thats kinda B.S.... We were the first to buy them now more upgrades/quality is gonna be incorporated into next years? Well, live and learn I guess
2012 is 3 years from the start...Did you expect the car to get worse with time?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #77
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Not really...it's the same with computers, MP3 players, etc. Continual product improvements.

If GM didn't do it, they'd be crucified for that as well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #78
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Maybe they should look less to Chevrolet for interior cues and look at what Holden did with the last few models that made it over here as Pontiacs. For the price of a 2SS there's no excuse as to why it can't have seats as nice as the last GTO.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 AM   #79
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Its good that there is a desire to improve but, who cares about Audi. I don't want a european car. I want a Chevy. And Chevys don't look or feel like an Audi. Just my two cents.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #80
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
You know with all the turrmoil that GM had actually getting the Camaro into production, I think that we are lucky that the 2010 is as good as it is. I personally expected it to be a disaster and was pleasantly surprised when I sat in one for the first time. It's nice to see that GM is trying to improve on what was a rush rush........on hold.......rush rush design, even if we all love it now. I'll be glad to see what they do, as I'm probably buying in 2012.........hopefully a Z28.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 AM   #81
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I've been really hoping they'd do something with the interior. It's the only disappointing thing about this otherwise, amazing looking car.

We own an Audi and a Mercedes and while I'm happy to hear that GM's goal is Audi-quality, it doesn't need to fully match Audi quality to satisfy someone like myself. I realize there is a signficant price-point difference and I just want something more professional and modern-looking with improved materials.

Items I hope they change:
  • Center Stack: Get rid of the gimmicky, robot-looking radio/head-unit and give us a double-din-type unit with a nice LCD screen and Nav/back-up cam capability. They can do this cheaply. They don't need a head-unit that is specifically designed for the Camaro. That doesn't make sense for reducing costs. Go with a standard double-din unit. Should save cost, look better and give people the options they want.
  • Climate control: Get rid of the playstation controls (that looked cool on the concept but didn't translate well in plastic) and give option for automatic/electronic climate control. What car these days doesn't have that option?
  • Tacky-looking loop door handles. Most cars have a nice, small, L-Shaped handle. No need for a big, chrome loop. Or go push-button like the 'Vette.
  • Guages: Shape of speedo/tach is nice and unique. But look of the gauges should be more professional and modern looking with better quality trim.
  • Air-conditioning outlets: The center one looks very unfinished, the way it sits behind the dash plastic.
  • Steering Wheel - Not a major priority for me but prefer something better looking
Address most of these areas and I'll be purchasing in 2012...
On everything except the stearing wheel, I'm one of the off beat ones I guess when it comes to the stearing wheel, I really like it. I sure do hope they put in Automatic climate control that would help them out and better materials. I wish they offered a LCD NAV Screen But I'm thinking the reason they dont is becuase of all the money and marketing theve poored into OnStar, If they start putting in good quality NAV's at a good price point there OnStar will lose ALOT of buisness.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 AM   #82
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Not trying to You, Just want to point something out. GM came out with a great car. But that dosent mean they shouldent always keep improveing it and they will. They have to, You know there Competitors will. This car has been out for a year now, abouts, and we just got ours, and there isnt a day that when I or her take it out we come home with a story about what someone said or there they gave us. In 5 years from now that might not be quite as comin, thats what early adoption gets you, or you can wait and have something a littel better I hope anyway, but the next year will be something even better and so on. Or lets hope because that would truely mean GM has turned a great corner. As for US, Yes we would like something a littel nicer in the interior segment but thats what aftermarkets are for and we LOVE Our Car right now the way it is and We dont plan on tradeing up. Though maybe getting a second one someday is something nice to dream about
Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #83
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Don't forget, your Camaro was designed, engineered, and assembled under turmoil in cash-straped old GM (they did a magnificent job considering the circumstances, but now they can do better). New GM really is a different company. Whitacre is laying the hammer down on decision makers to make better decisions, and the money is available for them to do things they weren't able to do before.

As one of the quality control people checking final pre-production on a Chevy Cruze who rejected one because there was a <1 millimeter gap in the instrument pannel assembly said: "We're not building Cobalts anymore"
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #84
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
[QUOTE=Dragoneye;1914048]I'd only ask this...is the possibility minor change really worth waiting a whole year more?

well....i see what youre saying. but, it gives me more time to pay off student loan and save more downpayment. so....while i TOTALLY dont want to wait a year.....i dont completely mind waiting. i find that i am some what a pleasure delayer anyway.

i hope that the interior is not so much audi as much MODERN.

i hope you all have a great weekend!
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote