Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #15
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
You guys have been quiet lately.... so whats the word on the special projects?
We have been working on getting the data on the 32mm sway bar that was stuck in customs. We needed to get the 32mm test out of the way to come up with what we were going to do. We have tested a huge amount of bars in order to come up with what we want to do. It is one thing to come up with info on a computer generated program. But not until you put them in and put her thru the paces do you really know.

This is what is going on with us.
1. On Oct 10-11th, we have rented Gingerman, and several corvettes, and a pro driver, to test the Pedders Camaro. Hotrod magazine and 3 others will be there. We will have a plethora of distingushed guests there. Because of the requirements of the magazines, we will not have data to share to all of you until they publish their magazines. But I will tell you we have a bunch of electronic equipment, and hd video equipment to document the crap out of this test. We will have GPS data and G force data, etc.
2. On the technical side, I have completed 25 systems for the Camaro and they should all be up and available this week in our merlin store. I have an outline that explains the systems and once they are all up, will post for the Camaro community a simple outline as to the steps from one system to another. More on this later.

3. the Pedders Camaro will be in Texas the end of this month for our Pedders dealer meeting with a bunch of our Aussie Pedders mates present

4. Our Pedders Camaro will be at SEMA. We are working with Chris Fesler and Jon Moss and will be at their trailer that will be on the outslde and Chris will also be on the inside of Sema. I will be posting a thread on this soon.

5. We were invited to attend a rather prestigous event right after SEMA.
The OPTIMA Batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational. This is by invitation only event on top suppliers of vehicles. The Pedders Camaro will be up against some of the best built street vehicles in the USA, with judging from open track, slalom, 0-100-0 braking, and looks. This will be exciting as hell.

6. Pete and I will both be at Sema this year. As I understand it the Australian government, will have a booth at SEMA and I will be representing Pedders at this booth, and Pete wlll be all over SEMA. Not sure yet if we will have some kind of informal Pedders get to gettogether. More on this later.

So this in a nutshell is what is up with Pedders. May not look like much, burt represents a very serious amount of hours from all of us

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #16
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Are you planning on having a bone-stock Camaro at Gingerman for reference? A supercharged car with stock suspension would also be interesting.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Are you planning on having a bone-stock Camaro at Gingerman for reference? A supercharged car with stock suspension would also be interesting.
This will be our 2nd testing at Gingerman. We already did a stock run when we did the testings with Nickey. I will ask Pete if he will have a stock er. We have access now to lots of Camaros.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
So this in a nutshell is what is up with Pedders. May not look like much, burt represents a very serious amount of hours from all of us

mike
dms
Looks like a chit load to me! Keep up the hard work I cant wait until I can get home and get a pedderized Camaro!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Hi Mike,

Somebody at pedders did their homework! Thanks Pete, Mike, and Rob from Wretched Motorsports! I am now a true, died and gone to heaven, believer in Pedders! The Extreme track kit is amazing! I can say this before I even dive into swapping Swaybars and adjustments that will be necessary! I am aligned with pretty much a street setup.

I am the lucky recipient of the first customer extreme track kit, installed on my car yesterday at Wretched Motorsports! Rob will fill you in on the details if he hasn't already.. We had a problem with the rear bar mounting brackets, so the stock swaybar is in the rear.. The front 27 MM bar is installed and all but 1 set of bushings are in, as we had a problem with one of the rear control arms.

Folks, this car is DEFINITELY set up now to smoke the competition. Forget mustangs. they can't compete with this. The Pedders Extreme kit, with just the 27MM front pedders swaybar and stock rear bar blows away every corvette I have ever driven - and I have personally owned 14 C5 and C6 Vette's. Of them, 3 with T-1 kits installed. And I am still on Stock Camaro SS tires!

Warning.. DO NOT attempt to install this kit yourself. You need a suspension expert that knows what they are doing to get this done correctly. It takes about 10 - 12 hours to install all the parts, and you need to know what you are doing. You will die when you see how much needs to be dis-assembled to install this kit.

It is not designed for the guy that wants to look good.

This is for SERIOUS drivers that will push their cars. I plan on running the SCCA SOLO II Northeast division Autocross with this car next year until i get it sorted out, and then I will do some time trial runs on different tracks in the northeast. It will take time to work out the setup and get the handling setup that will work.

I can tell you right now that the difference from the stock "buick" suspension in the Camaro to being Pedderized is truely amazing.

Start with the Poly bushing kits and coilovers, and work into swaybars. The large bar is useless unless you have the rest of the suspension to go with it. With just the 27MM swaybar up front, and stock bar in the rear, full extreme kit, and coilover shocks, my car will now outperform some seriously expensive cars and make them wonder how they got beat so bad. I will be able to play with Corvettes and Vipers now... even without large swaybars! This transformation is just what I needed for this car!

I brought a customer for a ride yesterday that averages over 8 tracks a year. He was amazed and thinks my Camaro is in the class with the ZR-1.. I have to agree.. Mustangs are NOT my competition anymore.... We are going to run with some big dogs!

THANK YOU PEDDERS and WRETCHED MOTORSPORTS!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post

Folks, this car is DEFINITELY set up now to smoke the competition. Forget mustangs. they can't compete with this. The Pedders Extreme kit, with just the 27MM front pedders swaybar and stock rear bar blows away every corvette I have ever driven - and I have personally owned 14 C5 and C6 Vette's. Of them, 3 with T-1 kits installed. And I am still on Stock Camaro SS tires!..................
That's comforting to know it made such a difference, you sound not only happy, but excited at the change.

Does the xtreme track package seem to be too much for everyday driving with the occasional track day? My personal vehicles only see 5,000 miles per year driving, but I like control, even at the expense of NVH.

How is noise/vibration/harshness? Thanks for the review.

edit: The packages are being updated, is yours the Camaro Serious XA Track Extreme?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Hi Mike,

Somebody at pedders did their homework! Thanks Pete, Mike, and Rob from Wretched Motorsports! I am now a true, died and gone to heaven, believer in Pedders! The Extreme track kit is amazing! I can say this before I even dive into swapping Swaybars and adjustments that will be necessary! I am aligned with pretty much a street setup.

I am the lucky recipient of the first customer extreme track kit, installed on my car yesterday at Wretched Motorsports! Rob will fill you in on the details if he hasn't already.. We had a problem with the rear bar mounting brackets, so the stock swaybar is in the rear.. The front 27 MM bar is installed and all but 1 set of bushings are in, as we had a problem with one of the rear control arms.

Folks, this car is DEFINITELY set up now to smoke the competition. Forget mustangs. they can't compete with this. The Pedders Extreme kit, with just the 27MM front pedders swaybar and stock rear bar blows away every corvette I have ever driven - and I have personally owned 14 C5 and C6 Vette's. Of them, 3 with T-1 kits installed. And I am still on Stock Camaro SS tires!

Warning.. DO NOT attempt to install this kit yourself. You need a suspension expert that knows what they are doing to get this done correctly. It takes about 10 - 12 hours to install all the parts, and you need to know what you are doing. You will die when you see how much needs to be dis-assembled to install this kit.

It is not designed for the guy that wants to look good.

This is for SERIOUS drivers that will push their cars. I plan on running the SCCA SOLO II Northeast division Autocross with this car next year until i get it sorted out, and then I will do some time trial runs on different tracks in the northeast. It will take time to work out the setup and get the handling setup that will work.

I can tell you right now that the difference from the stock "buick" suspension in the Camaro to being Pedderized is truely amazing.

Start with the Poly bushing kits and coilovers, and work into swaybars. The large bar is useless unless you have the rest of the suspension to go with it. With just the 27MM swaybar up front, and stock bar in the rear, full extreme kit, and coilover shocks, my car will now outperform some seriously expensive cars and make them wonder how they got beat so bad. I will be able to play with Corvettes and Vipers now... even without large swaybars! This transformation is just what I needed for this car!

I brought a customer for a ride yesterday that averages over 8 tracks a year. He was amazed and thinks my Camaro is in the class with the ZR-1.. I have to agree.. Mustangs are NOT my competition anymore.... We are going to run with some big dogs!

THANK YOU PEDDERS and WRETCHED MOTORSPORTS!
Rob and the crew at Expert are absolutely first class and I am pleased that you see them in the same light that we do. I also want to thank you for choosing Rob and Pedders for your Camaro. It is more than the purchase of the parts. It is the trust you placed in us that we respect and appreciate.

Please accept my thanks for choosing Rob and Pedders We have a tradition at Pedders and you are about to be introduced to it. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #22
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
That's comforting to know it made such a difference, you sound not only happy, but excited at the change.

Does the xtreme track package seem to be too much for everyday driving with the occasional track day? My personal vehicles only see 5,000 miles per year driving, but I like control, even at the expense of NVH.

How is noise/vibration/harshness? Thanks for the review.

edit: The packages are being updated, is yours the Camaro Serious XA Track Extreme?
Yes, I am VERY VERY happy. The extreme kit sets the camaro's suspension to be all that the car is capable of.. this is before tires and the correct swaybars for what I need to run for autocross. If the suspension did this much, the correct sways and tires will be a lethal combination.

I don't think the extreme is too much for the street. You would probably want to do exactly what I have right now.. 27MM front swaybar and stock rear. You can always add the 27MM rear swaybar at a later time if you wanted more. On the street, this setup is perfect. On the autocross or roadrace track, i will need more - 32 MM swaybars. The autocross track is a flat airplane runway. I will swap the rear when I drive on the street for something less.. Either the 27MM or the stock one. The 32MM rear bar has a disclaimer that parts will be damaged on the street.. I believe it. I havn't even seen the bar yet.

It handles now, due to the improved lack of movement from all those rubber bushings being replaced with POLY and the XA coilover shock settings. Swaybars will absolutely be needed for the track, but that is racing. On the street, you will still handle with a lesser bar. you can't drive everywhere on the road at racing speeds.Large sways will make your ride be harsh with this suspension.

Everyone always want BIG Swaybars. Unless you are racing, with the pedders kit, you don't need large bars. Large bars with the extreme kit FOR THE STREET will not work, in my opinion. That will give you a buckboard ride, and you will break parts. It will be too stiff. Remember, the Pedders bars are SOLID. They will not flex much.

Noise/vibration/harshness - no noise, some road feel. There was none before. Not harsh, but FIRM. The suspension is now set the way it should have been.

Be warned: you may not want to watch this kit be installed. The service tech will have to drop the entire rear suspension. It needs to come totally apart, and some of the stock bushings will have to be air chiseled out. Most of them are done in a 20 ton press. It took 6+ hours to upgrade the rear with 2 to 3 people working on it. The front was pretty easy, and took 1 hour - 1 person. the stock bushings are not made to be replaced - they are a real pain to remove, and are trashed when removed. You are not re-using any of the stock ones.

My car will be set up with the XA serious extreme kit. It is 3 bushings for the gear carrier (differential) that are recommended for high horsepower applications. I am 526HP at the rear wheels. Mike talked me into it.. Sounds like I need it. the serious XA extreme is only the 1201 rear diff bushing kit instead of the 1200. The 1200 has holes around the center boltholes of all 3 bushings. The 1201 is a solid poly bushing. This kit Will stop carrier walk. I will need this for hard starting launches with the car. It wasn't ready when we did the rest of the kit.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
It was my pleasure to meet you, and thank you for letting us get your car Pedderized. I will post more info soon, but i'm beat, we were at Mcdonalds at 7:30am for a Breakfast meet, and we didn't leave the shop until 3:30AM finishing up a pair of SRT8's, then back at the shop for another 12 hour day until 7pm tonight. I have a bunch of pics from the event that i will post up too, but i'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to work on your LPE Camaro
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Wow great stuff but trying to read small white type on a black background is very hard on the eyes. Do you have that 14 page write-up available as a .pdf document that can be downloaded? You guys are basically next on my list of upgrades and I want to read everything so I can make the best decision as to what to get.

The small print is a devious marketing arrangement we have with monitor companies. It is the perfect size for a 35' monitor.

The PDF is a great suggestion. Let me see what we can do.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
This will be our 2nd testing at Gingerman. We already did a stock run when we did the testings with Nickey. I will ask Pete if he will have a stock er. We have access now to lots of Camaros.

thanks
mike
dms
Yes we will have an OEM Camaro SS. If you are in the South Haven Michigan area and have a

C6 Bone Stock Vette
C6 ZO6 Bone Stock Vette
Stick 2 SS Bone Stock Camaro

and are interested in observing our runs in exchange for the brief use of your car, please email me at PGB@PeddersUSA.com Our test date is this Saturday the 10th. Not only will we be testing cars, we will be doing a photo shoot with gorgeous model for Hot Rod.

Here is what we will do with your car.

Our professional driver Chris Brannon will take your car out on the track. After two or three warm up lap he will run two or three hot laps. They will be run hard, but not beat. Professionals are very smooth and don't beat on hardware -- unless we are doing durability testing or some one drops a green flag. After a few cool down laps Chris will take you out and show you how your car handles in the hands of a professional.

So your compensation is

1. An on track run with Chris Brannon
2. Free lunch with a bunch of car guys
3. Photo with a gorgeous model and your car
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #26
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Rob and the crew at Expert are absolutely first class and I am pleased that you see them in the same light that we do. I also want to thank you for choosing Rob and Pedders for your Camaro. It is more than the purchase of the parts. It is the trust you placed in us that we respect and appreciate.

Please accept my thanks for choosing Rob and Pedders We have a tradition at Pedders and you are about to be introduced to it. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
Thanks Pete! We will cross paths somewhere.. sometime... Count on it!
Good luck on the 10th and 11th! I know your car will smoke the vette! I have complete faith in Pedders!

Now I know how you felt when your car was assembled with the marathon session before the Berger car show.

My car has been in my posession 4 days. I just spent an extra 2K+ on top of the price of everything for the LPE work and the Pedders extreme kit,so I could fly to Indiana, pick up my car at Lingenfelter on friday, drive 1000 miles so Rob and crew at Wretched Motorsports could work on it on Sunday, 2 days later. It was worth every penny! I am pedderised and extremely proud of it! Lingenfelter woke it up and now thanks to pedders it can handle like it should have from the factory.

I spent so much money on upgrading my car I can't swing going to SEMA. LOL Probably a good thing.. I would want to buy more cool stuff for it. It still needs tires and rims, and some brake part upgrades that will happen over the winter.

Here are some pictures of my ride so far. I havn't had a chance to take any pictures of it outside in the daylight yet.

The first two were at Lingenfelter (pre Pedders), the rear assembly completed back in the car, the last one was when we were done with the car on the alignment rack. I will post some pictures as soon as I can wash it and take some good shots in the sun.
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #27
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
It was my pleasure to meet you, and thank you for letting us get your car Pedderized. I will post more info soon, but i'm beat, we were at Mcdonalds at 7:30am for a Breakfast meet, and we didn't leave the shop until 3:30AM finishing up a pair of SRT8's, then back at the shop for another 12 hour day until 7pm tonight. I have a bunch of pics from the event that i will post up too, but i'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to work on your LPE Camaro

Not a problem Rob.. see you soon! Thanks again!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #28
JusticePete

Quote:
Thanks Pete! We will cross paths somewhere.. sometime... Count on it!
Good luck on the 10th and 11th! I know your car will smoke the vette! I have complete faith in Pedders!

Now I know how you felt when your car was assembled with the marathon session before the Berger car show.

My car has been in my posession 4 days. I just spent an extra 2K+ on top of the price of everything for the LPE work and the Pedders extreme kit,so I could fly to Indiana, pick up my car at Lingenfelter on friday, drive 1000 miles so Rob and crew at Wretched Motorsports could work on it on Sunday, 2 days later. It was worth every penny! I am pedderised and extremely proud of it! Lingenfelter woke it up and now thanks to pedders it can handle like it should have from the factory.

I spent so much money on upgrading my car I can't swing going to SEMA. LOL Probably a good thing.. I would want to buy more cool stuff for it. It still needs tires and rims, and some brake part upgrades that will happen over the winter.

Here are some pictures of my ride so far. I havn't had a chance to take any pictures of it outside in the daylight yet.

The first two were at Lingenfelter (pre Pedders), the rear assembly completed back in the car, the last one was when we were done with the car on the alignment rack. I will post some pictures as soon as I can wash it and take some good shots in the sun.
Very cool. You can skip SEMA as you already have the best of the best on your Camaro!