Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Saw First 2016

Saw my first '16 on dealer lot today, white SS m6. First impression ... smaller but not where it jumps out at you. Other impressions: a lot of polished chrome in the interior (reminds me of Altima trim), grill and bottom of rear fascia are shinny black, SS badge on rear bumper is hardly noticeable and looks out of place, side Camaro badge too small (reminded me of the '10s Chickle badge), no SS stitching on headrest it was moved to top of seat and looks small and barely noticeable. Overall I was really hoping to be wowed but wasn't. Honestly, there wasn't anything special that created even the slightest desire to say I gotta get one of these. Maybe next years 50th model will do it for me.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I haven't yet seen one up close but I agree completely on the odd placement of the SS badge on the rear bumpers. Seems like they just threw that part somewhere. Get some floss and ditch it ;-). These cars are a huge step in the right direction for Chevrolet. The 5th Gen was amazing and this car is better in almost every way.

I also wasn't sold on the looks at first but somehow they always end up growing on me.....

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
I think in base trims the 5th gen looks better.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #4
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
4 banger!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
no wonder white screams fleet vehicle... LOL
Old 11-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I swear I saw one last week that had these crazy flared rear fenders and super wide tires. Is there such a thing? I passed in the opposite direction. Couldn't get a long look...
Old 11-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #7
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
no wonder white screams fleet vehicle... LOL
Actually, white adds contrast to the dark gray details and black trim on the body which accentuates the design on the 5th gen. Put some gloss/matte black wheels on it and you have a real looker. So, I'm not sure where the ignorant fleet vehicle comment comes from.

The 6th gen is a little plain on contrasting details, especially on the base trims, so I can see how some may think it looks a little rental fleet like. However, that can happen in all colors, not just white.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #8
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
If it wasn't for the price and the amount Chevrolet offered for my vehicle, I'd get one. Give it a few years, people will eventually grow to like the aesthetics of the 6th gen. Honestly it's not too far of an evolution from the 14-15 years which frankly, are much better looking, to me, than the 10-13 models.

But I also don't think my 5th gen is a modern 1st gen, either. So there's no nostalgia there to me. It's sort of like the 05-09 Mustangs, which to me, are probably the most unattractive vehicles in their modern line up to date. Hit 2010-2012 and it got a lot, lot better. 13-14 and it was a slight evolution but, nothing drastic. I look at the Camaro evolution the same way. Albeit there's a generation gap unlike its Mustang counterpart but still, I can't imagine someone looking at the car and not recognizing that it's a Camaro. There's still way, way too much retro garbage going on.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #9
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I'm not really sold on the 6 gen.All years of the 5th gen. are nice.It's classic shape will be an icon forever remember that!The 6 gen has to evolve into something, not just o.k. here's a new camaro everyone buy one!Right? Its a good start I think,let see where it goes from here,into the future boys like it or not.
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:48 PM   #10
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post
Actually, white adds contrast to the dark gray details and black trim on the body which accentuates the design on the 5th gen. Put some gloss/matte black wheels on it and you have a real looker. So, I'm not sure where the ignorant fleet vehicle comment comes from.

The 6th gen is a little plain on contrasting details, especially on the base trims, so I can see how some may think it looks a little rental fleet like. However, that can happen in all colors, not just white.
You just got to let some stuff here go MikosV6- You can't fix stupid.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #11
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Those badges would be relocated if i had one but i'm just fine where i'm at.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #12
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
You just got to let some stuff here go MikosV6- You can't fix stupid.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Awww come on its fun teasing white Camaro owners..lol They are so defensive of it being white....LOL like its politically correct to defend it... LOL Yes, many like white, for me and my wife though we hate white... LOL And we are.... yes Caucasians... LOL

The first Camaro I bought was a triple black 2011 vert 2ss/rs, I went to the lot looking for a ruby red coupe that of course was not there..... SO I bought the best thing there, eventually the deal was I just had to have what I wanted at first a red manual in a more burgundy color and got it in a 13.
The choices were few local so I drove farther away to get it. I do not regret it and love the car. And BTW color did really matter, and we just off loaded a 2012 Malibu in summit white for a silver 2015 Malibu for our daughter. My wife had instant buyers remorse the next day after getting the white one, the rotten stepchild was treated to about 5k in three years as she hated white as that was a color of the Toyota she drove for many years. Color though is taste subjective, and every ones may very, I though of course like my color the best, and thought it was lame they did not make the black or white in metallics......something that stood out even more than the brightness or darkness of the color. Pushing some ones buttons on here is easy... LOL

Ever wonder why there always is only the ugly color cars left at the end of a model year? ...LOL and most are white..... and the 14-15 years.... MEH..... LOL You have to have a sense of humor... Life only kills you in the end. And yes the new Camaros have too busy imprinted all over the body lines trying to make it different to be that different at the cost of its muscle car charm to go more Bond ,James Bond ....lol Not that I would not want one, especially in about any other color than white.... LOL

And god bless those fat sexy hips our cars have...LOL

Ever hear this one?: he is a weird little hunchback kind of she male looking fellow with a mole that's growing hair , but donates to the goodwill bless his heart.......... Oh her she is the biggest hose bag ever that walked this earth but gives to the poor bless her heart..... And opinions are like................

Old 12-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Our '16 SS is here and in the Shop - we are already making Parts. We will be at PRI next week with it with New BMR parts installed.

The Suspension is very much an upgrade from the '15. I remember when I 1st looked at a 5th Gen's Suspension and it just didn't make sense. The '16 makes sense at 1st look.

The Aluminum front K-Member is pretty trick.

From the Looks dept, I haven't spent a lot of time out there due to Black Friday / Cyber Monday, but it looks nice. I like how the C-Pillars slope more to the rear deck (I think this is where you get the Mustang comparison)
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote