Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Convertible Allotments per dealer??

I'm kind of curious of how initial allotments of vehicles works for chevrolet, specifically with regards to the anticipated 2011/12 Camaro Convertibles.

As Scotty C has stated in another post, " some people will/may have to wait" as there are only an estimated 20K verts for the first run. How will they determine which dealerships will get an allotment, and how many??

I have a written agreement, with deposit, for the first convertible order at our local dealership (with approx 13 unit 2010 sales), Should I feel confident that I will be sucessful for a first run?

It seems like a long way away, but reported time frame for preorders is just around the corner with production about 6 months away Just trying to get all the particulars out of the way. Thanks for any insight into the above questions.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
pony

Jeez; I feel like the ugly girl waiting for a prom date! Is it that hard of question or a stupid question?? Anyone.....
Old 06-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I have a written agreement, with deposit, for the first convertible order at our local dealership (with approx 13 unit 2010 sales), Should I feel confident that I will be sucessful for a first run?

It seems like a long way away, but reported time frame for preorders is just around the corner with production about 6 months away Just trying to get all the particulars out of the way. Thanks for any insight into the above questions.
Sounds as if you have all your "Ducks in a row"!! I have had the same agreement in place with my dealer since 6/09, if you are first on the list......I would say your going to get one (13 sales should = 1 Camaro Vert)!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
It all depends... More than likely it will be based on 2010 Camaro sales....so you want to lock in with someone who has sold a lot of them. I don't know for sure, but there are a lot of dealers who moved way more than 13 1020's.... Texas will get the most - they always do, and it ranks as #1 in the USA for Camaro sales.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
It all depends... More than likely it will be based on 2010 Camaro sales....so you want to lock in with someone who has sold a lot of them. I don't know for sure, but there are a lot of dealers who moved way more than 13 1020's.... Texas will get the most - they always do, and it ranks as #1 in the USA for Camaro sales.
Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts. As usual, you are very helpful. Wish you didn't already have 10 on your list, or I'd be there. I'm thinking now it may be getting to late to jump ship on my local dealer as many of the higher volume dealers (even in TX) may have long lists. If you have any Specific dealers you have a relationship with down in Tx, you can always PM me. I have posted on the Tx forum board for suggestions. Thanks again Scotty and Ponyman.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Texas will get the most - they always do, and it ranks as #1 in the USA for Camaro sales.
The South will rise again!! Well, at least in Camaro vert sales!!!