Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #407
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
I'm next
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #408
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
That's good. 6 cars is a lot better. Less stress for ofer. I'll b there on saturday.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #409
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
i don't think anyone is criticizing Ofer or calling into question the quality of his work. the gap is a spacing issue, we get that. but some of us, now knowing there is a small gap, would like to see it.

i'd hate to waste Ofer's time doing the install to not like it, then ask him to put it back to normal. if someone has a picture, i'd like to see. if may be that many of us see the gap and think it's no big deal. but some may look at it and think it's too much of a gap. i'm still going to reschedule with Ofer because i do like the way it looks with the lights on at night. but i would like to see a picture of the gap. i've heard the gap on the dash between the drivers side door and the steering wheel is the most obvious
Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #410
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
^Added you 2ss-booya

Lets try to get all the Saturday people done, who did not get there car done or finished from the saturday list?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #411
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
here are the pictures. took them with my cell phone. they'll have to do for now. i'll try and get some more in the morning when i go to work, since i leave my house at like 4:45am, so you can see the lights. keep in mind though that i need to fix mine. the sanded part on each door panel needs to be sanded a bit more and the dash doesn't go all the way across. it fades in the middle. i think it's because my light pipe has sagged (i didn't put the foam pieces that hold it high enough). also, i didn't get my cup holder lights installed because i had to leave. i work this weekend so if you guys are getting it fixed/done this weekend, i can't do it then. i'll have to work it out with Ofer (which i did at Rick's house already, just need to confirm).
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #412
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

oh and those pics are from the top angled down. i'll get more tomorrow and hold up a penny or something so you have an idea the size of the gap.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #413
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
i was one of the fortunate few to have modded my car this weekend and while i can look past the gap some may not. Even though i left from being tired of working on it on saturday night i feel my car isn't complete but i will post these pics of my car, i signed myself up for this sat to just finish up. I would like to thank Rick for opening his home to myself and others and Ofer for his services. Once again my car is not complete..... but here are the pics as it is now.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  43.5 KB
Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 AM   #414
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
as you can see the light isn't going thru which i am assuming is a minor fix.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #415
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
For those of You who are complaining about the GAP betyween the trim piece and the rest of the dash, remember that You are the ones that put the weather stripping pieces on the trim piece. If You feel that the gap is to large, take the trim piece off and lower where you have the weather stripping pieces. Simple Fix. I did my ABL the ORIGINAL WAY and it has taken alot of sanding and fine tuining to get my ABL where I like it. Also I was there doing my best to help Ofer and everyone else out with this install. I did not do any mods or work on my car, I was helping all who I could. I will post pictures later this week. Also everyone needs to understand that on these Mods, if you want to do them on Your car, You have to help get it done and also to be patient, and that is the one thing some people were not. Sorry for my rant. Also some people did not know their cars had the ABL already wired, there were three cars where time was wasted because of this. Easy way to check, remove drivers side fuze cover, look for a wire with a plug, if you find one, your car is already setup for ABL in the dash.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #416
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
For those of You who are complaining about the GAP betyween the trim piece and the rest of the dash, remember that You are the ones that put the weather stripping pieces on the trim piece. If You feel that the gap is to large, take the trim piece off and lower where you have the weather stripping pieces. Simple Fix. I did my ABL the ORIGINAL WAY and it has taken alot of sanding and fine tuining to get my ABL where I like it. Also I was there doing my best to help Ofer and everyone else out with this install. I did not do any mods or work on my car, I was helping all who I could. I will post pictures later this week. Also everyone needs to understand that on these Mods, if you want to do them on Your car, You have to help get it done and also to be patient, and that is the one thing some people were not. Sorry for my rant. Also some people did not know their cars had the ABL already wired, there were three cars where time was wasted because of this. Easy way to check, remove drivers side fuze cover, look for a wire with a plug, if you find one, your car is already setup for ABL in the dash.

Walt B.
Any pics of yours?

I definitely want mine to be tighter than that. Those pipes stick out a lot. Hopefully he will spend more time on each car since there will be fewer of us. There was way too many to do and I am sure he was in a hurry and under a lot of stress. I knew it should have been a 3 day + thing.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #417
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers171 View Post
i was one of the fortunate few to have modded my car this weekend and while i can look past the gap some may not. Even though i left from being tired of working on it on saturday night i feel my car isn't complete but i will post these pics of my car, i signed myself up for this sat to just finish up. I would like to thank Rick for opening his home to myself and others and Ofer for his services. Once again my car is not complete..... but here are the pics as it is now.

Attachment 286210

Attachment 286211

Attachment 286212
That is a very simple fix H. If you pull the top of the trim piece back and adjust the light pipe it will be perfect. The pipe is bending in the center and not allowing the light to pass through it correctly. It takes about 20 seconds to fix it.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #418
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:

Walt B.
i had the weather stripping pieces (the foam things) on my short dash piece and the gap was pretty big. took it off and the gap was smaller and the light still looks fine. i recommend doing it without the foam pieces, and Ofer said they weren't necessary on the small dash piece on the left of the steering wheel.

my longer dash piece looks like Hugo's where it doesn't shine all the way across. i too think that is a simple fix and i'm planning on doing it when i have the time.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #419
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I will post the pictures I took yesterday later this week, and also take some of my car and post those also. This will be around thursday since the next three days for me are going to be Very Busy with work, I have to do Open House/Back to School Night on wednesday at the Middle School where I am a History Teacher, so I have alot of work I MUST do prior to this. Please excuse the delay.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #420
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:

Walt B.
i am not complaining, i just want to be clear on that. i was just saying had i known it was that way, i wouldnt have been interested. possibly others would feel the same way, so i posted MY opinion. i dont mean any disrespect to Ofer or his work. its simply an opinion.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote