Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #1
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Pfadt balance bar surprise-

After reading up on the handling shortcomings of the car and an honest look at my driving style (its not that aggressive anymore but I like a responsive car with little body lean), I decided to go for the Pfadt balance bar.
Its supposed to neutralize alot of the understeer engineered in from the factory and benefit hard launches as well. It seemed to make sense: bigger bar in the back and "include greasable, graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings for the stock front bar and the Balance bar for a complete installation."
I placed my order with Apex-Speed, but was disappointed when no front bushings arrived with the bar.
A quick call to Apex got me in touch with Paul who immediately contacted Pfadt and was told the front bushings was a misprint. A misprint that still exists on Pfadt's and Phastek's website-Apex has updated their add.

Paul took my disappointment to heart and asked to do some research and call me back. In 15 minutes he found a solution- Energy Suspension just released a polyurethane performance bushing specific to the stock Camaro front swaybar: part #3.5218G for the FE2 (V6) suspension and mine was on the way-no charge! Thanks again Paul. Apex is first rate!

I am impressed with the Pfadt bar -it does as advertised and the car is much more enjoyable to drive. I'm looking forward to seeing any more improvement with the ES front bushings (and the Pedders front radius bushings_I can't stop modding this thing!)
Ventmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey ventmaster,

Very excited that you made the choice to go with the Pfadt balance bar! As you can see the balance change that is a result of adding this bar makes the car much more enjoyable to drive.

I am dissappointed that the misprint existed on our site a while ago. Unfortunately it was our intentions to include the two front bushings for the OE front sway bar along with the 2 rear balance bar bushings, but that never materialized due to some packaging concerns. I do apologize for that sentence being left in the description, as we never shipped OE front sway bar poly with the balance bar. It is something that we should have removed a long time ago but it as overlooked until it was brought to our attention a week and a half ago when it was removed.

Either way, Apex took care of you because they are top notch. Now you can enjoy your car with the new mods! Thanks for posting your review of the Pfadt Balance Bar!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Ventmaster

Thank you, sir.
I'm enjoying the Balance bar very much-amazed at the difference!

Now that I've realized the possibilities, I'm anxious to do more-
Is Pfadt making any progress on the updated lowering springs for the V6?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
After reading up on the handling shortcomings of the car and an honest look at my driving style (its not that aggressive anymore but I like a responsive car with little body lean), I decided to go for the Pfadt balance bar.
Its supposed to neutralize alot of the understeer engineered in from the factory and benefit hard launches as well. It seemed to make sense: bigger bar in the back and "include greasable, graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings for the stock front bar and the Balance bar for a complete installation."
I placed my order with Apex-Speed, but was disappointed when no front bushings arrived with the bar.
A quick call to Apex got me in touch with Paul who immediately contacted Pfadt and was told the front bushings was a misprint. A misprint that still exists on Pfadt's and Phastek's website-Apex has updated their add.

Paul took my disappointment to heart and asked to do some research and call me back. In 15 minutes he found a solution- Energy Suspension just released a polyurethane performance bushing specific to the stock Camaro front swaybar: part #3.5218G for the FE2 (V6) suspension and mine was on the way-no charge! Thanks again Paul. Apex is first rate!

I am impressed with the Pfadt bar -it does as advertised and the car is much more enjoyable to drive. I'm looking forward to seeing any more improvement with the ES front bushings (and the Pedders front radius bushings_I can't stop modding this thing!)
Our goal is to provide world class customer service. I am glad to hear you are happy with your Pfadt Balance bar and your experience with APEX. Thank you for posting your feedback.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post

Let us know how it goes after the front bushing installation.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Ventmaster

I sure will Paul. The ES bushings are here and the pedders are due today.
Should have them on tomorrow.
So you Apex guys are from Kentucky, huh?
Spent some time in Lexington in my youth, mostly grew up in WVa.

You could always count on those Kentucky boys to be the meanest (and craziest) SOB's around. Every year one of them would come to town and kick everybodies ass at the local Toughman competition. It was always good to have one of them watching your back.

Seems to me I'll be doing more business with Apex-Speed.