Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Rotofab Engine Covers

I really like the look of these engine covers and am ready to pull the plug on ordering them. My dilemma is what color stripe I should order. My IBM car has Cyber Gray Metallic stripes, and in keeping with the color theme of my car, I would ideally like to order them with these stripes, but my fear is that they might be too dark on these engine covers under the hood. I have contacted Rotofab, and they do not have any pictures of these covers in the IBM with CGM color stripe. Do any of my fellow Camaro Comrades have these covers with this combination that could post, or send me pictures, or know someone that does? I have been told that silver stripes might be an option with my concern about the CGM stripes being too dark. I would also entertain any pictures/posts with these also.

Hoping someone out there can help me out...
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
I really like the look of these engine covers and am ready to pull the plug on ordering them. My dilemma is what color stripe I should order. My IBM car has Cyber Gray Metallic stripes, and in keeping with the color theme of my car, I would ideally like to order them with these stripes, but my fear is that they might be too dark on these engine covers under the hood. I have contacted Rotofab, and they do not have any pictures of these covers in the IBM with CGM color stripe. Do any of my fellow Camaro Comrades have these covers with this combination that could post, or send me pictures, or know someone that does? I have been told that silver stripes might be an option with my concern about the CGM stripes being too dark. I would also entertain any pictures/posts with these also.

Hoping someone out there can help me out...
Might want to post this in the cosmetic section

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Good idea...

Already did in the IBM thread...
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
family man

Drives: .
I don't think you need to stay with the body color. I think if you went with the red ones with silver accents it would look good. IIRC the Corvettes come with red covers no matter the body color. Just a thought.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
How much hp or torque will they add ????? Lol. I believe any kind of engine cover adds 5 degrees to temp. I will take the 5 degrees less
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #6
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
How much hp or torque will they add ????? Lol. I believe any kind of engine cover adds 5 degrees to temp. I will take the 5 degrees less
Covers for show...

Remove for dough...

Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Actually, the Rotofab covers are to cover the coils and valve covers. They don't cover the intake plenum like the factory insulated cover does. So putting these on will allow the intake plenum to run cooler.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote