Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Tony88

Drives: Mazda3
Recommended place to buy camaro in GTA? (mississauga)

Hey guys

This is my first ever post! Very exciting.
So I have recently been researching the camaro pretty extensively, and am now ready to make a jump into buying one. I am looking to probably buy a used one, or dealership demo (or whatever you call it), or possibly just go brand new. Either way, what are some of the best places to start looking around, and where have you guys had good experiences with in the gta? I am going to do as much searching to get the best possible deal, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Tony88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
JPMETAL

Drives: Yellow Yolanda
Hi Tony88, welcome aboard! You can check out Applewood Chev in Mississauga for new Camaros. I baught mine from Georgetown Chev. Not sure about used ones (if you wait 2 or 3 more years I can sell you mine . I am sure others will post with good info for you to help with your search. Good luck!!
JPMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Welcome Tony88, glad to have you here. I think you will see what a close-knit community we are here at Camaro5. Lots of great vendors here and the member are, 2nd to none. I have learned so much about my car on this forum by simply reading (for hours at a time - this place is absolutely addicting)...

Good luck in your search for a dealership. We have a lot of Canadian owners here who I'm sure will be happy to help you along your way. Lori
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
Bought mine at Humberview (in Etobicoke on Bloor St just east of Islington). I got a price well under MSRP last year when everyone else was charging above it. Service has been great too.

Also right now if you opt for a 2010 model there are discounts from GM ("price adjustments") of anywhere from $2500 to $4000. I don't know if these apply to 2011 models but most likely not.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
There's fully loaded 2SS that's been sitting at our dealership since March of this year. You can get it for employee pricing. Reason is hasnt moved imo is prob the grpx package that adds 3k to the price. Check the for sale section here there is a member selling a fully loaded 2SS for like 27k. Thats a steal imo.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Welcome to the site Tony!!! I don't personally know any of the dealers in Canada, but Nurse Chevrolet is hosting us at the Builders and Buyers gathering this next weekend, so I would imagine they are a pretty reputable dealer!
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Nurse is a pretty good hike from Ssauga - but they are very good. Personally, if you want some place a little closer, go to Humberview. I highly recommend it - service second to none. I think I was the one who sent RCLapCar there. The same group owns Applewood, but I find the people at HV better to deal with. Ask for Tom, tell 'em Scott and Jan sent you. And if you want to see a nice driven camaro there, speak with the sales manager Chris. He's done a bit of stuff to his Black 2ss.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
I know Leggatt Chev in Etobicoke has a few for sale. Their service is first rate!
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #9
Tony88

Thank you everyone who replied! The first thing I noticed while reading these forums is who much of a family this really is. You all have great advice, and offer great insight into everything camaro, which I am so glad to be a part of.

I will definitely check humberview and applewood.

If any good deals arise, please let me know.

One more question for everyone. I have been driving automatic my whole life (just about 6 years since I got my licence) but I really want to learn manual. Would you guys recommend me getting a manual camaro? is it more fun? I have always had this image that driving stick is more fun than driving auto, especially in a car like this one! I know a bunch of people who could teach me, so I am not worried about that, but some people are telling me just to stick with auto.

Thanks for the input
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 AM   #10
Tony88

and sorry for the dumb question, but where is the sale section on here?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #11
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Here you go http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53 . As for manual vs auto its a popular question i would use your search engine here for the opinions. My thoughts on it unless your in medium to heavy traffic and your daily driving it,plan to run it on a course at the track or you have bad knee's get a auto otherwise manual is the only way to fly imo.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #12
Irishtoolman

Drives: 1993 Indy Pace Car
Hi good luck in finding your first Camaro.You will not be disappointed.Six speed is the way to go.There is nothing quite like shifting gears in such an awesome machine.As for a dealer recommendation.Take a ride up to Wilson Niblett on Yonge street just north of Major MacKenzie.They do a lot for the Ontario Camaro Club and we actually host our monthly club meetings in their board room.Many of our members have had a great experience there.Always lots of Camaro's on the lot.Stop in and ask for Caroline Kilbride and you will get looked after.John.
Irishtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
Tony88

Thanks guys for your help! I will be checking these places out in the next few days, I will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
UP here at Highlands we currently only have 2 left...went like hot tamales not surprisingly. DO your research. THere are many really good dealers out there, some not so much. You may find the place where you get the best deal/customer service for sales and delivery may not be the best for servicing your ride. Lots of time to figure out your needs. The people on the forum will let you know, as they already have about their experiences. It's a tad far for you to come up to see me, but if you ever have any questions regarding accessories etc, even if you don't want to buy them up here, I'm always free to lend an ear and see how I can help. Good luck in your quest. You will be grinning from ear to ear once you get behind the wheel, guaranteed.