Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
scottmoyer

Drives: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
I spoke with a central florida dealer Monday about the May 6th event and he said that while driving to work, he saw two dealers with their cars already out front on a platform. The owner called other dealers in the area to see if they were holding to the May 6th request date from Chevrolet for unveiling and they were told that they are trying to sell the cars as they get 'em, so they are out on display. This dealer said that they too would put their car out since everybody else already has. He wasn't sure if the May 6th unveiling was still going to happen at his dealership since the cars are already unveiled!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #30
prfireman

Drives: 1969 Pontiac Firebird
Vineland nj May 9 , the reveal, but why the show everyone knows people are receiving their car , eBay has them, autotrader.com has them, if I knew i would have to wait for my order I would have picked up one from the dealers that received theirs already
prfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #31
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
I got an email from a dealer in Portland Oregon saying their 'unveiling' will be this Saturday. I called the dealer in Reno NV and he said their car just got pushed back for delivery the WEEK AFTER the 11th. IDK if the dealer is an idiot, that was the 1st time I've ever spoke to him.
MRSBMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #32
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
We are having our event on May 6th
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
Jonmalibuss

Drives: 2005 Silverado VHO
Send a message via AIM to Jonmalibuss
Rotolo in Fontana is doing theirs this friday May 1st.

2005 Silverado VHO: Outlaw intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Belltech drop, 4.11 gears with Eaton LSD, Baer brakes 15" up front with 6 piston calipers, drum to disk 14" conversion for the rear, IForged 22"x10" 2 piece wheels, probably many more mods which I have missed...
Soon to be 2010-2011 Camaro SS/RS This is if the truck is worth trading in or I get it paid off!
Jonmalibuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
ddennis

Drives: 1978 Z28, 2003 & 2007 Z71,
Due to not expecting their "Dealer Car" by 5/6, my dealer Weber Chev Columbia, IL (St Louis) has moved their unveiling to 5/20.

The good news is that #3736 shipped on 4/16, bad news is that it is probably sitting in Wentzville waiting on a truck to come 40 miles. Today is 6 months to the day that I pre-ordered.

The dealer has asked me to bring it on 5/20.
ddennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #35
buffalo_bills

Drives: 1967, 2010 Camaro SS
my dealership changed it to May 11th. I am number two on the list and they just received their first one today VIN number 4089 a 2ss. I am at status 3300 so I am hoping by the middle of my.
buffalo_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #36
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
new york area is around my6th or 7th they where suppose to pick up about 400 cars at a met game in queens so ive been told .my dealer told me there wasnt enough camaros for him to drive one or two back so they gave him 2 extra allocations dont know what the mets have to do with anything but thats the big day just what ive been told
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #37
Boomer Sooner
Banned

Drives: my girlfriend nuts
Here in NE Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact, and surrounding areas I've called all of the local Chevy dealerships and asked when they expected a new Camaro to arrive on their showroom floor that I could take a look at.

Answers ranged from "early Summer", to "first week of April"(was told this 2 months ago), and my favorite, from this old ass dipshit salesman at a Chevy dealer 5 miles from my house, "not till summer of 2010". I said thank you and walked out thinking man what a dumbass.

I called another one in Tulsa on Friday and was told about the Camaro unveiling party they had planned. Over the phone they told me May 11th is when they were expecting one.

Here is an email I recieved from this dealer. It doesn't have a specific date in May in the letter so I'm not sure.

Bronson,
Thank you for choosing South Pointe Chevrolet! The first Camaro available for purchase will be the SS model. The LS model will not be available for about 3 or 4 months after the first SS models come out. I have been told that customers should be able to order the Z28 and LS models sometime around the beginning of summer. We are having a launch party in honor of the Camaro and the ZR1 Corvette in May. We will be sending more information out about the exact day and time. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to meet with my managerand pre-order a Camaro, please feel free to call or e-mail me. You can also click here to ge t the latest information from Chevrolet.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Chelsee Cravalho
Internet Sales Team
South Pointe Chevrolet
Boomer Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
there is a camaro event near me on the 9th and there is suposed to be one there, so i would go with the 6th, like everyone else said.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #39
DavidF

Drives: Chevy HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
Here in NE Oklahoma, Tulsa to be exact, and surrounding areas I've called all of the local Chevy dealerships and asked when they expected a new Camaro to arrive on their showroom floor that I could take a look at.
I live in Guthrie, the Oklahoma City Metro dealers are running radio spots inviting people to come by on the 9th to check them out at their local dealership.

P.S. I plan on checking one out at my local dealer on the 9th, was just kind of thinking about buying one but after reading all the posts on here I'm pretty pumped up to get one.
DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #40
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
May 6th here.

Your dealer may not have their Camaro by May 6th and they are doing their Unveil on the 11th. Instead they told you the National Unveil change instead of saying their Unveil changed, just a thought.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #41
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Good Morning Mr. Clayton,

Thanks for the inquiry about the Camaro! They (Chevrolet) originally stated there would be a national unveiling on May 6th, but have since rescinded that statement. They had planned to be on time with at least one (1) Camaro in every Chevy dealer in America to do this event, however, the schedule for this has since changed. They've now said that the month of May will be "National Camaro Month" and each dealer is encouraged to plan an event around their individual Camaro arrival. As of late, I do not know what date in May to expect our car.

Thanks & Take Care, Erin
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

Sheesh. You'd think they'd get one part of rolling this car out correct...
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #42
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Just called my dealership 5 minutes ago. Asked if they had any new Camaros in their showroom, and they said no, GM called them and told them the unveiling had been pushed back to May 11th and they wouldn't have any Camaros until then.

Event code 1100 on 1/24
Event code 3000 on 3/24
Event code 3400 on 4/27
Back to event code 3000 on 5/1
Event code 3800 on 5/5
Event code 4B00 on 5/5
Event code 4200 on 5/22
Event code 6000 on 6/3!

VIN# 2G1FT1EW6A9107395
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote