Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
A lot of dealers don't have cars, the V6's promised to us haven't arrived, the point of sale material hasn't arrived, advertising decisions have to be made weeks in advance, a lot of us pulled the plug and will do it later.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
A lot of dealers don't have cars, the V6's promised to us haven't arrived, the point of sale material hasn't arrived, advertising decisions have to be made weeks in advance, a lot of us pulled the plug and will do it later.
Sounds like there was an execution failure in the marketing plan.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
We continued to be motivated, buying food, hiring a DJ, and I am in the process of setting up a streaming web video for anyone to watch 4-8pm CST on May 6th.

Many of the dealers around here are doing nothing (one lost their car for the event because it was a sold unit and he seen on this forum that it was delivered to the dealer, so he took it )

Of course, all DELIVERED 5th Gens in the Wisconsin area are invited to party with Scotty!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Sounds like there was an execution failure in the marketing plan.
Yet another FAIL
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #19
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I just got back from Radley Chevrolet in Fredericksburg Va, they had their unveil today.

My dealer in Ashland Va is waiting for their demo car, but they think theirs will be on May 9th or 11th. It just depends on when they get their car.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
We continued to be motivated, buying food, hiring a DJ, and I am in the process of setting up a streaming web video for anyone to watch 4-8pm CST on May 6th.

Many of the dealers around here are doing nothing (one lost their car for the event because it was a sold unit and he seen on this forum that it was delivered to the dealer, so he took it )

Of course, all DELIVERED 5th Gens in the Wisconsin area are invited to party with Scotty!
My dealership is doing the same, I was there Thursday, they have their car in the back and seemed very excited about the whole deal.
I'm looking foward to hanging out and winning that V-6 for my wife if it's nice I'll cruise there in the 69...since I don't have a Camaro to bring:(
I guess maybe if I'd spend less time on here maybe I'd see some of these adds for the event.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Question

I can see them holding off a bit.
A lot of the automotive parts distributors or Dodge are also used for GM, which is what I heard on the news. And we now know that Dodge is going to shut down plants for 30-60 days as well as some of the parts suppliers. So, getting parts may getting scarce for a bit and slowing down production, which in turn, may push back the unveiling date?
Just my 2 cents??
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
Not sure why they don't yet, but it could have a lot to do with being extremely
busy reorganizing and the whole bankruptcy thing.
Uh. GM hasn't filed for bankrutptcy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
The unveiling isn't the 6th everywhere.
Right, and let's remember, the unveil is just a GM suggestion for dealers. It's up to the individual dealers as to wether or not they want to have one. They have to advertize it themselves.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Don't worry the Camaro is going to get a HUGE advertisement this summer. By then all the pre-orders will be done and the Camaro will be HOT.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #24
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Does anyone . but it seems like people are just reading right past my post. There is a official Chevy commercial advertising the 5/6 launch of the Camaro. I seen it this morning on Brighthouse channel 13. Who cares I guess, we can all still complain about them not advertising it when they in fact are!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #25
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Don't worry the Camaro is going to get a HUGE advertisement this summer. By then all the pre-orders will be done and the Camaro will be HOT.
TRUEEEEE2SS
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Uh. GM hasn't filed for bankrutptcy.

Right, and let's remember, the unveil is just a GM suggestion for dealers. It's up to the individual dealers as to wether or not they want to have one. They have to advertize it themselves.

I know this, meant that the 'Corporate' who is probably in charge of any national advertisements were busy doing other things. I still haven't seen any commercials locally, but I don't spend a lot of time in front of the boob tube.
Not that I'm worrying, just waiting...like everyone else

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #27
DavidF

Drives: Chevy HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
Really? And will there be cars for sale? I spoke with my rural dealer and he said that he only gets three this year, and the bigger dealer nearest me only gets 14. Hey, don't know if he is telling the truth, but numbers like that, GM can save their money on advertising, the cars will move. They can more than that in a month with advertising...
DavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #28
prostreet67

Drives: 67 prostreet
yup its on tv and my dealer has their car and ready for the big event

2LT/RS-RJT, auto, sunroof,
polished wheels, spare.
order placed 3/13
3000 5/27
brought home 7/30
prostreet67 is offline   Reply With Quote