Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 PM   #15
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I like how people like this get the title "know-it-all" when those of us—Camaro5 leadership, certain members, me—who do know pretty much everything about this car don't get this title. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but we should come up with a new term for these imbeciles.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #16
kozmo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Borg
kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #17
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Waldo
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #18
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Hmmm, I guess I am a , Borg, or whatever. But, whenever I am driving my car (which especially doesn't have Bluetooth in it) I wear mine all the time and use it a heck of a lot.

Much better than driving without one like those dorks behind me with a phone sticking out of their ears ready to rear end me. Those are the real dorks and (_____Put your derogatory name here______)! I am so tired of wide eyed non-attentive drivers in my mirror.

And pretty soon here in Illinois if you aren't using Handsfree you are up for a Ticket. It is already law in Chicago.

So, I would rather you not be so judgemental on what is a Major Safety issue here and in many other locations.

Sorry, but, it isn't so black and white when you are talking about a visual preconception about any person.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Does this make me a bad person if I sync up my camaro bluetooth to my cellphone when I get it ;-) That has to be the ultimate bluetooth "headset".

I will admit thought that I do use one of those pretty often when driving right now - I hate the wired headsets and I do often have calls for my work which may not finish till after I have got out of the car - but I do agree that some folks seem to use these as male jewellery
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
Joe Remi

OK, you guys are getting a little to literal here. Obviously not EVERYBODY with a Bluetooth is a ________, it's just a stereotype here in N. CA. and I was having a little fun with it. Besides, I'm referring to the ____________ that walk everywhere with them, not the responsible citizens in their cars.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #21
kozmo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
I think they are fine while in the car. If you want to have a conversation with someone give them your full attention dont be rude.
kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #22
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
^^i have no issue with people using them while driving, it's already a law in my province. or in moderation while not driving. claymore worded it better than i did previously, i find it irritating with people who view the headsets as a fashion accessory and constantly have it clipped to their ear, regardless of if they're eating a meal, having a conversation with you, and the worst (yes i've seen it) having it still on while using a landline phone in the other ear

but hey, this isn't an anti-headset thread, it's about the irritating know-it-alls.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #23
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I always want to punch people in the teeth when they walk around with a bluetooth headset while they arent even talking on it... like what the f*ck is THAT important that you need to have your phone strapped to your ear all the time.
I don't know if I want to punch them, but I agree it just looks stupid. Like, hey I am so important I've got to keep this in my ear at all times because I might get a call.

What's really funny is I've seen people on a regular basis with the bluetooth in their ear and NEVER, NEVER on a call!

I have one and sometimes I'm on conference calls for hours, so it comes in handy, but if I have to go in to a store or something I will just take it out and go to handsfree until I'm back in the car.

Anyway, uh Camaros are cool and I can't wait to get mine and what an idiot that guy was.

Had to say that so I was not completely off topic!
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #24
Joe Remi

Wouldn't be funny if he was a member and read this thread? Wouldn't it be funny that he would have no idea it's about him?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #25
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Old 05-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #26
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
Wouldn't be funny if he was a member and read this thread? Wouldn't it be funny that he would have no idea it's about him?
Yea! And unfortunately D Bags like that NEVER realize that its them. Their ego's won't allow it.

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 05-29-2009 at 06:11 AM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #27
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Hmmm, I guess I am a Douche Bag, Borg, or whatever. But, whenever I am driving my car (which especially doesn't have Bluetooth in it) I wear mine all the time and use it a heck of a lot.

Much better than driving without one like those dorks behind me with a phone sticking out of their ears ready to rear end me. Those are the real dorks and (_____Put your derogatory name here______)! I am so tired of wide eyed non-attentive drivers in my mirror.

And pretty soon here in Illinois if you aren't using Handsfree you are up for a Ticket. It is already law in Chicago.

So, I would rather you not be so judgemental on what is a Major Safety issue here and in many other locations.

Sorry, but, it isn't so black and white when you are talking about a visual preconception about any person.
Using it in the car is fine, I have one and have used it in the car till I got a bluetooth speakerphone. I'll even use it sometimes if I'm trying to get something done around my apartment but need my hands free when my girlfriend calls up to talk (like when I'm cooking dinner).

Its those people who can't leave the house without it strapped to their ear and walk around the mall, mcdonalds, the park, and everywhere else you can imagine with it... and NEVER even get a call!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Borg