Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #1317
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I told my wife we need to get her back to church. I am very upset that my wife let her quit going 2 years ago. Jackie say she is not Catholic and does not care to be one. Well she was baptised and had communion. If it was up to me she would of been and still would be going to church with us until she moved out of our house.
So what did you think about the scouting idea?
There is more to Girl Scouts than just cookies

Have her visit this site
http://www.studio2b.org/
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #1318
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I told my wife we need to get her back to church. I am very upset that my wife let her quit going 2 years ago. Jackie say she is not Catholic and does not care to be one. Well she was baptised and had communion. If it was up to me she would of been and still would be going to church with us until she moved out of our house.
Hey Scott, you sound like a great guy from your other posts, and I say this with respect, but allow me to play devil's advocate (haha, no pun intended).

Be veeery careful in forcing her to go to church. I don't say this to undermine your religion, but if she's not into church, she won't pay attention there. She'll sit and stew and think about how you're making her be there and much she hates it. Instead of enlightening her, it would cause a greater divide. I say this from experience, I was a hellion as a teenager back in the day (drinking and smoking) and I needed a good slap in the face

Good luck in this situation bro. Sounds like she has some good guidance in you and your wife, she just needs to open her %&^*& ears.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #1319
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Wow. I hadn't checked out this thread in a little bit. Looks like I offended somebody else... again. Seriously, I'm not trying to. And I feel like I know Scott pretty good from these forums. I've followed his posts, prayed for Stephanie and felt his ups and downs on his posts. He's a good Dad trying to do good and raise good Kids. My comments were ment as a joke with Scott. To help lighten the mood. If Scott tells me he's offended then I'll feel bad and apologize. I'm a Father myself. It's hard to be a good Dad these days that if I don't try to smile about it you will fail!!CollegeKid19, I'm sending you a friend request right now!!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #1320
kozmo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
I have a 17 year old daughter also and have had to deal with this before. She started out with an 1100 curfew till she blew it. I took the phone for two weeks and reduced the curfew to 1000. Trust but confirm. I am a single father with custody and I work many evenings but at home by 1030 I call often and text, she now knows that she must respond right away unless shes driving. Her phone is the most important thing in her life right now use that, establish rules then stick to the consequences...
kozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #1321
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Well if she wants to drink and smoke, you could do what my dad did.

He sat me down with a carton of smokes and umpteen bottles of booze, he made me drink till i got sick and smoke till i puked.

Never did it again after that, i do smoke now, but i rarely drink.

On second thought, may not be the best idea now a days.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #1322
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Hey Scott, you sound like a great guy from your other posts, and I say this with respect, but allow me to play devil's advocate (haha, no pun intended).

Be veeerrry careful in forcing her to go to church. I don't say this to undermine your religion, but if she's not into church, she won't pay attention there. She'll sit and stew and think about how you're making her be there and much she hates it. Instead of enlightening her, it would cause a greater divide. I say this from experience, I was a hellion as a teenager back in the day (drinking and smoking) and I needed a good slap in the face

Good luck in this situation bro. Sounds like she has some good guidance in you and your wife, she just needs to open her %&^*& ears.
+1

I agree about your opinion on going to church...we always went as kids and my kids always went too...once they were confirmed, I left it up to them...my younger son works weekends now while going to college, so he hasn't gone in a few yrs...
I think to force anyone to go to church once your kids get to the teenage yrs, creates more resentment and hostility than it helps, IMHO...
I still encourage my kids to go, when THEY want to go...my older son actually attended church on his own accord while away at college...now that he's home, he's slacked off, but I just don't bug him about it...

My Dad once dragged me out of bed to go to church when I was a teen, and I hated him for it at the time...it caused a lot of resentment

Now that I'm older and hopefully, wiser, I realize he was doing his best, even if it didn't seem like it at the time...he just didn't know any better and I forgave my parents for anything strict or whatever I didn't like them doing when I was a kid once I had my OWN kids...then I just knew that, right or wrong, they loved me and were trying their very best to do what was right for me and I finally realized that they were just regular human beings and not perfect and that having kids comes with NO instruction manual, so I "get it" now...

Both my parents are now gone and I am glad that once I became an adult no longer living under their roof, that we had a very close and "most of the time", LOL...loving relationship, until the day they each died...
I have no regrets, thank God...

Good luck to everyone of us trying to raise decent, kind, thoughtful human beings in today's crazy world...it is not easy...even with our best efforts and best intentions, things can still go wrong.......

Just LOVE them the best way we can, and hopefully, the rest will work out for the best...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #1323
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
We have a maltese too, gets pretty annoying with all the barking, so train her early. Learned from the bigger dogs how to bark excessively
TahoeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #1324
nal

Drives: 2010 camaro 1lt cgm
coming from a 15 year old, a little younger than every one else so far i think, don't force her to go to church, it wont help. find something after school that she enjoys. and if i had done any of that i know i wouldn't be going out anymore or get to drive the Camaro. i know that my parents will follow through with punishments, that's a big thing for me. and i also know that the cell phone and internet are the first things to go if i mess up. but you also have to help her through things that are happening in her life because she is more than likely working at getting your attention. its a tough spot hold your ground and she might hate you for it now but im so glad my parents did it to me, i look at some of my old friends and now i think "what are you thinking" because there hurting themselves and i know that im wont let myself turn out like that. and let her know what WILL happen if she keeps going the way she is.
VIN = 2G1FB1EV4A9118275
I'm 47 goin' on 16, happy days are here!

previous rides:
1970 Chevelle, 1970 Camaro
nal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #1325
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
HMMM well I dont have the wisdom of some of you older guys, but from what I have learned and seen with people I grew up with and especially girls is that teenagers are goin to do what they want. The important thing is trust within the parent and child as well as being with the right crowd. Setting thin rules on common sense stuff like cigs when ur 16 should be enforced and well known being that it is bad influence and thats how it all starts. But being a strict strict parent and early curfews and never allowing a son or daughter to do anything only puts curiosity in a young ones mind. I for example am a man so I think diff rules apply to boys and girls, but when I was younger lol (im only 22) but I never really had a curfew or rules and when I broke them my mom would try to be mad but it never worked. My dad was really firm about letting me know right from wrong and I think I grew up with the right knowledge being passed down. So even though I would run wild and do what I want I still made the right choices even with peer pressure. I think girls are alot more vulnerable depending on the person and need more looking out for. All the girls I know or knew that had strict strict parents that never let them do anything and had to be in at 10 or 11 on weekends more often just lie (ex. ur case) to go where they want or do what they want to do. and tend to be worse off being that they are not free.... I think that during school on week days curfews should be set and depending on how they are doing in school should depend on the curfew. ex. doin good in school... rewarded with a lil later curfew. But summer time and weekends should be just let me know when your goin to be home. I think that she was right for being punished not for what she did, but for lieng to those who care about her. I think that setting lighter rules and having honest just back to back conversation about what is right and what is wrong and what your expectations are will work out better and in the long run will make better decisions. Because disapointing your parents is 10 times worse then making them mad..

I know im young and may look at things diff being that I dont have kids but I dont mean to judge or seem that way lol I was just bored and it was an intersesting story so I thought I would throw in my 2 cents!!

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #1326
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Stephanie Update 9-1-09. Can we send her some cards and such?

Well she has started radiation treatments. Today is round 2 of 28 she must have. So far she feels ok and the last PET scan looked real good for her. Keep praying that we get this think beat please. The doctors do not want to take out her port for a year after her radaiton is done. They are afraid as bad as she had cancer it could come back.

I would really like to get another round of cards kicked out to her if we can. She is kind of sad they stoped coming.

So if you can drop a card to:

Stephanie Sheldon
427 Pebble Beach Drive
Eufaula, Al 36027

Also anyone wanting to send care packages she loves Jonas Brothers, stuffed animals and makeup.

Come on gang lets give her a boost!!
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #1327
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
Will do definately! I'll keep her in my prayers.
Dan
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #1328
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I'll be sending something out first thing tomorrow !! Keeping you all in my prayers.

Gary
Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #1329
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
will do...ask her what kinds of makeup she needs...you can just pm me the info...
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #1330
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Right now the stuff to color eyebrows since she does not have any she paints them on. But she loves all that kind of stuff.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote