Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Speedy Surface Prep Towel: So much easier than clay!

I know, I know, you guys have already seen Todd's and CamaroDreams' amazing reviews and I really can't compare myself to them... but here's one thing they haven't shown: A video of it in action!

Just an extra push for people to throw out all that clay and start using this beast of a towel.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Good_Times

Drives: red
Nice video. A couple of minor tips you may want to try is I saw where you sprayed the hood with lube but for a little additional caution give your prep towel a liberal spray also.While using the towel some may want to keep a small bucket or container of water or ONR/water ( or whatever your choice of lube is )close by to rinse the towel a few times during the process of claying (toweling) the whole car.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Times View Post
Nice video. A couple of minor tips you may want to try is I saw where you sprayed the hood with lube but for a little additional caution give your prep towel a liberal spray also.While using the towel some may want to keep a small bucket or container of water or ONR/water ( or whatever your choice of lube is )close by to rinse the towel a few times during the process of claying (toweling) the whole car.
Absolutely. Essential.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Times View Post
I actually sprayed the towel before the video, but thanks for the bucket tip, I'll use that from now on

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I actually sprayed the towel before the video, but thanks for the bucket tip, I'll use that from now on
You used the towel on the whole car without rinsing? lol. You're lucky you're Opti-Coated

Think of the rinse like the process of folding the clay in. You don't want to keep dragging those contaminants over the car.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Awsome video thank you !!!!!! your making me a believer!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
You used the towel on the whole car without rinsing? lol. You're lucky you're Opti-Coated

Think of the rinse like the process of folding the clay in. You don't want to keep dragging those contaminants over the car.
No no no, I'm not making myself clear.

The hood was the first part that I used the towel on, but before I turned the camera on, I had sprayed down the towel. Also, after every panel, I just went into my bathroom sink and rinsed it The bucket is a much better idea lol

As far as opticoat, yeah it's pretty much the shiznits lol

Old 10-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
No no no, I'm not making myself clear.

The hood was the first part that I used the towel on, but before I turned the camera on, I had sprayed down the towel. Also, after every panel, I just went into my bathroom sink and rinsed it The bucket is a much better idea lol

As far as opticoat, yeah it's pretty much the shiznits lol
Oh, LOL. Gotcha now. You just incorporated aerobics into your detailing. That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe it'd help me keep off a few lbs
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #9
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Oh, LOL. Gotcha now. You just incorporated aerobics into your detailing. That's actually not a bad idea. Maybe it'd help me keep off a few lbs
Using a DA is like lifting weights, why not throw in some cardio with the claying?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Using a DA is like lifting weights, why not throw in some cardio with the claying?
We could make millions selling the Detailer's Workout DVDs. I'll call Tony Horton and see if he's available
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Awsome video thank you !!!!!! your making me a believer!
Glad you liked it, I hope it gets more of the non believers believing

Make sure you get the fine grade, if/when you purchase!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
We could make millions selling the Detailer's Workout DVDs. I'll call Tony Horton and see if he's available

Who needs "Insanity" anymore, we'll not only get you in shape, but get your car in shape too!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
barrowed it from a buddy and it is a dream to use. super easy
Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
I'm glad you guys are having such positive experiences with these products. Make sure to use your forum discount when ordering!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote