Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
C7 Z06 6-piston Brembo Upgrade Pad Selection

I'm going to do the C7 Z06 6-piston upgrade this winter on my fronts.

I will be getting two sets of pads also. One for street and one for autocross/track.

What are the recommendations out there? Do I have to get C7 Z06 specific pads or will all Gen5 ZL1 front pad part number fit?

Thanks!
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Same basic pad GS or Z06 or ZL1 steel rotor.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #3
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
So, for mostly auto-cross and periodic track use, which pads to get for the Z06 calipers front with stock SS rear Brembos?
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Are the Z06 calipers different from ZL1? What rotors are you using? Anything else needed.... lines, brackets.

I'm doing 6 piston fronts on my 1LE this winter and trying to decide what to use. I want to match the 1LE red. And I see the Z06 calipers come in red. I'd hate to do the ZL1 kit, and then have to mess with aftermarket powder coating.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Are the Z06 calipers different from ZL1? What rotors are you using? Anything else needed.... lines, brackets.

I'm doing 6 piston fronts on my 1LE this winter and trying to decide what to use. I want to match the 1LE red. And I see the Z06 calipers come in red. I'd hate to do the ZL1 kit, and then have to mess with aftermarket powder coating.
The only difference between the 2 calipers AFAIK is that the Z06 pistons are vented for slightly more cooling (I'm guessing in most situations it makes no difference at all) They also say corvette on them. I never bothered to take mine apart and have them powdercoated, maybe some day I'll get to it.

There are numerous write-ups here on what you need. In a nutshell, ZL1 rotors will work on our cars with ZL1 / Z06 (Z07 non ccb option), or CTS-V 6 pistons. You need ZL1 brake lines as well.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
The only difference between the 2 calipers AFAIK is that the Z06 pistons are vented for slightly more cooling (I'm guessing in most situations it makes no difference at all) They also say corvette on them. I never bothered to take mine apart and have them powdercoated, maybe some day I'll get to it.

There are numerous write-ups here on what you need. In a nutshell, ZL1 rotors will work on our cars with ZL1 / Z06 (Z07 non ccb option), or CTS-V 6 pistons. You need ZL1 brake lines as well.
Thanks
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #7
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Did the conversion last spring CTS V caliper with Z06 Pistons used GS pads with CTS-V rotors. Got the ZL1 dust shield and stainless lines its a solid setup for sure.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote