Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 02:57 AM   #29
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Happy Anniversary! Mine's coming up soon, too!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
At this time 9:41am on June 18th 2012 we were at Rodgers Chevrolet meeting Becky and doing the final, paperwork on AngryBird. She then took us around to meet Maureen, Joe and the other fine people at Rodgers. We then went out and met Angrybird for the first time. She was stunning sitting there beside Bumblebee, ready to pass the torch. As Becky showed us the particulars about our new car, I just couldn't get over what a wonderful experience buying from her was. She then showed us how to install the tonneau cover and she then took pictures of us with the cars. We swapped all our personal belongings over and She then thanked us and left us. We got in and called Onstar to finalize the setup had directions to the Indianapolis motor speedway downloaded to the car and we were on our way, Sun shining, top down and enjoying every mile.
It was a wonderful three day trip back home. We made stops in Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Ky and Nashville, Tn before making our way home. It was a wonderful week, no rain, mostly sunshine. You couldn't ask for a better introduction to a wonderful car.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #31
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
At this time 9:41am on June 18th 2012 we were at Rodgers Chevrolet meeting Becky and doing the final, paperwork on AngryBird. She then took us around to meet Maureen, Joe and the other fine people at Rodgers. We then went out and met Angrybird for the first time. She was stunning sitting there beside Bumblebee, ready to pass the torch. As Becky showed us the particulars about our new car, I just couldn't get over what a wonderful experience buying from her was. She then showed us how to install the tonneau cover and she then took pictures of us with the cars. We swapped all our personal belongings over and She then thanked us and left us. We got in and called Onstar to finalize the setup had directions to the Indianapolis motor speedway downloaded to the car and we were on our way, Sun shining, top down and enjoying every mile.
It was a wonderful three day trip back home. We made stops in Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Ky and Nashville, Tn before making our way home. It was a wonderful week, no rain, mostly sunshine. You couldn't ask for a better introduction to a wonderful car.

Hello Angrybird 12,

Congratulations on your new Camaro! We are so happy to hear about your great experience with Rogers Chevrolet and there staff. If there is anything we can do to continue providing a great experience to you please do let us know how we can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Hello Angrybird 12,

Congratulations on your new Camaro! We are so happy to hear about your great experience with Rogers Chevrolet and there staff. If there is anything we can do to continue providing a great experience to you please do let us know how we can help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Well it's not really new any more, it's a year old with over 13,000 miles on it now. But it still has that "new car feeling" every time I drive it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Well it's not really new any more, it's a year old with over 13,000 miles on it now. But it still has that "new car feeling" every time I drive it.

O well my apologies for the confusion there Angrybird 12 . It was a pleasure still reading your story and we are sure you will continue to love your experience. If there is anything we could do to keep that going, feel free to reach out to us.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #34
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Love the hood. New wheels, new wheels!

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Love the hood. New wheels, new wheels!
Thanks....see post 22
Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Congratulations !

Great to see other folks remember the anniversary of getting their car too
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #37
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Congratulations !

Great to see other folks remember the anniversary of getting their car too
Only the special ones, I know several of my previous cars. My 74 Camaro was October 10, 1973, my 65 Corvette April 12 1974, my 2007 Saturn Sky March 25 2006, my 2010 Camaro December 31 2009.
Funny I have a hard time remembering things I did yesterday though..
Old 06-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #38
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Only the special ones, I know several of my previous cars. My 74 Camaro was October 10, 1973, my 65 Corvette April 12 1974, my 2007 Saturn Sky March 25 2006, my 2010 Camaro December 31 2009.
Funny I have a hard time remembering things I did yesterday though..
LOL.....I know what you mean !

I've gotten where I write down the date I ordered it, the date it was built and the day I picked it up in the owners manual so I don't forget
Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #39
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Thanks, one if the reasons I wanted the 1LT non RS was because I like the wheel design better than the others. I have never been an real aftermarket wheel person either.

Nothing like seeing someone who really loves their car and happy one year anniversary as well. I like your ride but I think the stock wheels looked great before you installed the ZL1 insert but now that you have that insert installed the wheels actually take away from the car. That insert is aggressive and calls for some high powered wheels. It's like getting a ground effects kit and riding on doughnuts. I really like tha car but with that insert stock 18's fall a bit short. I still like it though.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
Nothing like seeing someone who really loves their car and happy one year anniversary as well. I like your ride but I think the stock wheels looked great before you installed the ZL1 insert but now that you have that insert installed the wheels actually take away from the car. That insert is aggressive and calls for some high powered wheels. It's like getting a ground effects kit and riding on doughnuts. I really like tha car but with that insert stock 18's fall a bit short. I still like it though.
I will just have to disagree with those statements. I hate the larger wheels on cars nowadays. I like the look of some meat on them instead of shinny sidewalls. These wheels remind me of the old IROC-Z wheels from the 80's, a design I always liked.
Plus the extra cost of tires to fit those larger wheels. Like I said before I have never been a fan of aftermarket wheels and none of the other factory styles suit my taste either.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #41
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Congrats!!!!! I'm a week away from my 1 year anniversary although I have put far more miles on mine than you have (22k). But like you, most of those miles were with the top down and I absolutely LOVE my vert! I love the way it looks, drives and the compliments I get everywhere I go. I have also just installed the MRTv2 and CAI that I got in a package deal from Apex and the improvements have made my car even more fun.

I am looking forward to many more years of fun with the top down..
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Well one year and one month and in the last month I had to take it in for a rattle that developed. I had been trying to track it down but sometimes the sound seemed like it came from the right front around the glove compartment then other time it sounded like the door. When my son was in we went down to the tail of the dragon and on the way down he found it was the plastic header panel on the convertible top. I took it in and they found one of the clips were broken and ordered a new one. I got a call today and have an appointment to get it installed on Thursday.
Other than that the car is still doing great. Unfortunately not much top down weather this month since we have gotten rain practically every day. So far this year we have gotten within 3" of the total rainfall average for an entire year.
As of today there are 13,800 miles on the car.